Tokyo Game Show 2015

Gravity Daze! Nice
Edit: I believe the 1st one will be coming to PS4 and Daze only announced for PS4?

Last edited:
On one hand I'm a bit disappointed that Gravity Rush isn't coming to the Vita after all.
On the other, I understand that Vita is approaching EOL, and will be even more so in 2016. I was actually impressed at the amount of titles coming out for the PS4 and the Vita, as they'll probably be cross-buy.

Here's hoping Sony will bring a Vita successor sometime in late 2016/early 2017. As long as they stick with ARM+PowerVR, it should be very doable to maintain full backwards compatibility with Vita titles.

On one hand I'm a bit disappointed that Gravity Rush isn't coming to the Vita after all.
On the other, I understand that Vita is approaching EOL, and will be even more so in 2016. I was actually impressed at the amount of titles coming out for the PS4 and the Vita, as they'll probably be cross-buy.

Here's hoping Sony will bring a Vita successor sometime in late 2016/early 2017. As long as they stick with ARM+PowerVR, it should be very doable to maintain full backwards compatibility with Vita titles.

Playstation Vita is the last handheld Playstation console... No market for the product. Fergal Gara(ex SCE UK director) said one time the only error of Sony with the PSVita was to release it....

That's really not Gara's position on the Vita during his latest interview about the subject:
Fergal Gara said:
There's a perception that it's fading away. I can absolutely assure you that that's not happening. It's proving remarkably resilient. We enter the peak season very optimistic about hitting similar or bigger numbers to last year. So we feel in good shape.

Contrary to western beliefs, the Vita is aging pretty well.
The amount of Vita games being released in Japan is really astonishing. During this announcement alone, we saw almost half of the titles having a Vita port from the PS4 version.
While in the West it was relegated to a cheap indie game machine and remote play add-on for the PS4, the Vita in Japan is getting a first-class treatment with very popular JRPGs and visual novels.

Seeing how cheap they could make an upgraded console nowadays with full BC, given the economy of scale provided by smartphone components (e.g. custom SoC using "off-the-shelf" IP from ARM and PowerVR, LPDDR3/4, 5.5" 1080p IPS screen, digitizer glass, eMMC flash storage, etc.), they'd be crazy to just let their handheld market die.

I would hate to the Vita be the last portable PlayStation as well but I can't view the platform as anything other than a distraction to Sony.

Sony don't need to do much though. As long as third parties support it and consumers buy it, just keep it ticking over. How many first party titles for Vita were announced at TGS?

Sony don't need to do much though. As long as third parties support it and consumers buy it, just keep it ticking over. How many first party titles for Vita were announced at TGS?

Sony continue to update the OS (even if it's only to remove deprecated functionality) and the SDK so its not resource free. Of course maintaining something they've already created is a very different proposition to a project to develop a third portable device.

There are decent third party games on Vita but there's also a lot of expensive ports of games that are cheap on the App and Play stores. £25 for Angry Birds? F*** off, Rovio! :yep2:

Ah TGS, that time of year where I go to confirm Konami isn't announcing another Suikoden game. Although with the pathetic state they've been reduced to now it seems pretty silly to keep saying this.

Back