Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

i have not played any crucible, has not tried any TTK weapon.

for some reason when i arrived at the tower, the icons just overwhemls me and i ignore all of them. Heck, i has not checked the bounty at all.

overall, TTK feels over-designed, over-detailed.

It was really weird to change armour and see the level not change at all ! And it was even weirder to change a gun and see my light rating change [emoji14] ! Old habits will die slowly !

I couldn't play the MP at all.....tried out Gunsmith weapons and the Hakke Pulse Rifle felt awesome, frankly.
After that everything just waned. The class specific quests are non quests:Kill 50 guys, generate 25 orbs......this isn't a quest in any way ! It's same old clinical grind and here I was thinking I will be told of the origins of each class :rolleyes: !
Then I played some strikes and it turns out no loot is being rewarded for them or something, so I stopped.

I will just play when there is something actually new on the 15th. A new campaign.......I don't think the grind can hook me anymore.

Yesterday I played Crota the first time this week on a Hunter and I'm sure I've seen at least material rewards popping during the early stages but afterwards I had none on the character and nothing at the Postmaster. I tried to record it at the tower when I realized there wasn't even material to see if there was at least something visible in the Crota reward text but it was too late.

Has anybody experienced something similar before?

P.S. Gear rewards usually go directly to the postmaster as my slots are full and I usually miss the text lines.

HEre's mine:

BTW, I just launched the game and could get the Be Brave emblem but not the shader ! ALso, my pre order countdown has already ended :O but cannot play TTK yet. !

If you get the preorder stuff you have to do it again later or something, wont allow you to progress a upcoming quest......yet another bug...dismantle it.

I think I'm gonna get up at 4AM (4.5 hours :( ) for this

A LOT of reused content so far. Even the Taken are basically reused. Not that I have ever minded all that much but I would't be surprised at some criticism.

For me Destiny is basically "shoot stuff" and that's fun in Destiny's framework, so I tend to look bemusedly at criticism's of lack of content or story. But I'm just saying I can expect the no content crowd to do some complaining.

The main Taken King storyline is done, seemed to be only 2-3 hours on par with TDB and HOW. The difference this time seems to be a whole lot more side content.

I was able to use saved public event packages to hit level 40 pretty fast. Now my light is currently at 236. My 190 Ghost is really dragging me down, not sure where to seek a better one. Thinking about buying that $20 pack for the exotic Ghost, doesn't he have XP increase buff anyway? Anyways need to research it.

Got Hawkmoon really soon, like I think 5 minutes after starting Taken King pretty much, from some engram IIRC. Yr1 version. I like it, feels and sounds good for sure.

My biggest bottleneck currently is marks.

Still getting to grips with the infuse system and what it means. For one thing it's now more important to simply acquire weapons than level them, as leveling doesn't affect the all important attack stat (or usually, the 2nd most important, magazine size). In fact leveling is really an afterthought now, most perks are not all that great or involve a tradeoff anyway. So it's kind of weird to have come full circle to where I really dont care too much about upgrading guns currently. Bounties similarly seem a lot less important. I cashed in 16 of them and it only gave me like 885 vanguard rep total I think. They're just kind of a side issue now. Bungie has de-emphasized them in several ways, and made them bite-size.

It's nice to finally clear ALL the exclamation alerts in the tower...I had some blinking for MONTHS now...

And quests, for better or worse, LOTS of quests, I currently have 14...a lot seem kind of like repeated busywork, I'm sure criticism can be leveled there too...

It's a lot more talking, (mostly lame) attempts to be lighthearted, the new Nolandroid fucking sucks, Dinkleblot was 1000x better. I dunno, I kind of preferred the mood of "Vanilla" Destiny, more "serious" sci-fi. But Bungie took it on the chin so they've changed it. Cayde-6 is pretty funny at times, but again the character is kind kind of oddly forced in a "serious" sci fi game.

Nightstalker subclass so far seems mostly crap TBH, although it is only maybe 2/3 leveled as of now. I'm just using it to level it and for "new" factor. Maybe I'll learn the brilliance of it later? It just doesn't have any hefty on demand DPS unless I'm missing something. Maybe better in a team too.

But yeah it's Destiny, I like it, it's fun. But I doubt this exapansion will be my favorite, because the dreary Dreadnaught (which BTW again seems very small? but I dont pay much attention) and unappealing by design Taken graphics.

I have stayed away from forums (reddit/GAF, even Youtube) on TTK so far because I kind of want to avoid "spoilers" I guess, but I ever so briefly peeked at the GAF thread and it seemed positive that I could tell. A bit surprising to me given the above caveats and GAF's general Destiny hate combined. If I'd have guessed I'd assume maybe a lot of negativity towards TTK based on my experience so far. Then again MMORPG communities always go in cycles so complaining is never far.

Oh and guess I will avoid crucible for a while until PVE is sorted out...

Oh and the "Old Gaurd" yr1 appreciation shader is just black, like revenant I guess. Pretty awesome.

Last edited:
I liked Vanilla though I didn't think there was quite enough to keep me grinding. The base campaign and the strikes it came with were good value. The Season Pass was a huge ripoff. The expansion campaigns were crap. Maybe the crucible maps were good. The quality was poor for the price.

Taken King is the best Destiny content yet. The campaign missions are great, and the artists did an amazing job. I still don't enjoy the writing, and I'm not a huge fan of Nathan Fillon or Nolan North, but the NPCs actually have some character, and the cutscenes are pretty well done. Most importantly, it's just fun to play because the enemies and level design are interesting. Looking forward to the new and modified strikes. The new class types are also great. Kind of overpowered compared to the base ones, but they're fun to use.

I didn't think I'd get it, but the guys I played Destiny with picked it up. After seeing some reviews I decided to give it a chance. The original season pass should have given me content of this quality. It was something like $40. $40 for the Taken King seems steep, and maybe it's a little steep, but it's AAA content. There's nothing lazy about it.

My Ghost is dragging me down so bad...it's 190 when all my other stuff is at least 230-240. Overall I'm 238 but would probably be like 250-260 right now if not for my Ghost...anybody know how to get a good Ghost? I honestly dont even remember how you get them, except buy from the speaker, and they tend to drop in crucible IIRC...

Edit: Never mind you can get a 220 one from scout Dreadnaught quest and buy a 280 one from Shaxx...

Last edited:
I'm disappointed that all the time I took for leveling up exotic weapons is now wasted. All the green and blue trash is better from level 35+. They should have made the overlap better, 34 exotics should be better than 38 blues or something.

Reached 266 light so far today, a productive day. More importantly, figured out the "system".

I figured out (okay learned from reddit) forget chasing marks (or at least, Marks are somewhat secondary), the best way to level period is just run level 36 vanguard strikes. You'll get lots of blues, and the blues can decrypt up to some really high ceiling. My highest blue is 278 for example and that blows away plenty of my legendaries. The game will keep inexorably pushing you higher by decrypting engrams to higher and higher levels based on your current light. So always equip the highest light level stuff prior to decrypting. Also decrypt one at a time and check if each piece increases your light, if it does equip it before you decrypt the next one, so that one will possibly be pushed higher, and so on.

Marks are something to pursue while running strikes basically, or as a secondary plan for those 280 legendary endgame. Also dont buy armor till you see what Xur has...

Dont really waste marks on infusing at this point. The game will keep giving you better blues and purples on it's own. Certainly that goes triple for small differences. If you decrypt a legendary at 220 light it'll probably be around 220 light. If you decrypt that same legendary at 260 light, it'll decrypt to 260+ light probably.so dont go chasing light with legendaries.

I suppose the sorta cap AFAIK is 280 right now (290 exotics), at that point EVENTUALLY yeah, legendaries will probably be best simply for more perks. But we're not at that point.

Xur will be tons o fun Friday...it's crazy how the game makes you slowly grind and then Xur is just the free weekly candy for all guy. His prices are absurdly low as I've lamented/observed before.

Also, this game suddenly got crazy hard. Even at the recommended light levels, several missions or strikes are ridiculous hard solo (like yesterdays daily heroic). I've had to call in LFG help on several already. It's crazy, and I haven't seen people really talking about it.

Got the Legendary Sword ! What a surprise it was :)

But isbit any good? I used it in the Sunless cell strike and it hardly felt like a viable heavy weapon.

Also, earning legendary marks seems very ambiguous right now.

The game is ton of fun, but yea it lost its "character".Now its a "game" with "gamey" stuff ......but it found the fun. Hectic and fun. But I wonder if this hectic nature will be any fun with the heroic modifiers. IT can get very crowded in the new content and modifiers can make stuff simply frustrating in those crowded places.

But yea, ENjoying Destiny again !

So now I levelled up my Sword and .......Oh My God !!!!! :D

Sword +Sunbreaker super=Unstoppable ! ! ! :p

I am owning the Vanguard Strikes ...cleaning the floor literally ! People stop to watch !

I sense a nerf incoming ;)

I'm disappointed that all the time I took for leveling up exotic weapons is now wasted. All the green and blue trash is better from level 35+. They should have made the overlap better, 34 exotics should be better than 38 blues or something.

To me its the other way around, I have to engage more and try out new weapons etc. It is refreshing than just using the same old "super" combos of weapons and armour, imho.

Back