Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

I wish I could fire my helicopter pilot. Dude seems to take 6-7 minutes moving from one motherbase helipad to the next, zooming under, over and circling motherbase needlessly for no apparent reason. Boosting morale is literally a time sink for no good reason because dude can't fly in a straight line.

I didn't know you can practically use other motherbase personnel on all/most of the missions, I am seriously thinking about using some of my A++ guys to do side ops.

Hopefully, I can avoid demon points this way.

Last edited:
I wish I could fire my helicopter pilot. Dude seems to take 6-7 minutes moving from one motherbase helipad to the next, zooming under, over and circling motherbase needlessly for no apparent reason. Boosting morale is literally a time sink for no good reason because dude can't fly in a straight line.

I didn't know you can practically use other motherbase personnel on all/most of the missions, I am seriously thinking about using some of my A++ guys to do side ops.

Hopefully, I can avoid demon points this way.
You can fast travel in MB without using the helicopter.

Also riding helicopters can sometimes be useful as you can spot diamonds from above.

You can fast travel in MB without using the helicopter.

Also riding helicopters can sometimes be useful as you can spot diamonds from above.
Also u can just use the Jeep...why are u using the heli anyways?
And fast travel is news to me, I didn't know.

My MB has two or Three platforms of each type, super huge. And my combat team is always on combat Ops, very helpful in game. Like I have cut off supplies of NV goggles, helmets, security cams and armour to enemy camps. So they don't get them and missions become easier. ;)

BTW, I fultoned two tanks today ! Had to plan it, super awesome :D

Last edited:
Also u can just use the Jeep...why are u using the heli anyways?
And fast travel is news to me, I didn't know.

My MB has two or Three platforms of each type, super huge. And my combat team is always on combat Ops, very helpful in game. Like is have cut off supplies of NV goggles, helmets, security cams and armour to enemy camps. So they don't get them and missions become easier. ;)

BTW, I fultoned two tanks today ! Had to plan it, super awesome :D

I am coming in every now and again and boosting morale on all platforms in one go. Using the Jeep isn't fast as moving one unit to another requires routing through the command center.

I am coming in every now and again and boosting morale on all platforms in one go. Using the Jeep isn't fast as moving one unit to another requires routing through the command center.
Ah I never cared for that much. I just visit whatever new platform gets built and get teh diamonds and leave [emoji14] ! Doesn't visiting one place boost morale of all? I mean, my guys do not have any low morale issues and I haven't really been going to all platforms.

Btw, found the animal centre finally ! I have my own little zoo. Very little animals in there, though.

Also, the tanks I fultoned, I was wondering what will they Do with that on MB anyways? Maybe I can deploy them in missions? That would be cool !

Ah I never cared for that much. I just visit whatever new platform gets built and get teh diamonds and leave [emoji14] ! Doesn't visiting one place boost morale of all? I mean, my guys do not have any low morale issues and I haven't really been going to all platforms.

Btw, found the animal centre finally ! I have my own little zoo. Very little animals in there, though.

Also, the tanks I fultoned, I was wondering what will they Do with that on MB anyways? Maybe I can deploy them in missions? That would be cool !

I seem to have a morale problem or is 3 or 4 guys getting thrown into the brig for fighting after every mission normal? I make sure to visit at least every 3 or 4 main missions since boosting morale actually temporarily boost the stats of staff.

Tanks have presented quite a conundrum to me of late. I don't deploy them because they are best used against other tanks. But I rather just fulton enemy tanks then destroy them. LOL. So they just get customized and sit collecting dust. I could sell them but GMP isn't a problem.

The problem is procuring fuel which is needed to expand just about every unit except maybe support, but there never seems to be enough lying around the map.

Last edited:
Which begs the question, why the f*** are the platforms so far apart?

Spacing out platforms in FOB means that attacking player [who is way more powerful than regular AI defenses] need to invest more TIME to take everything from the owner. If he spends more time traversing, owner [or his friends] have more time to react and join in to the defense effort.

anybody tried extracting story personnel using fulton?

i wonder what happened if you put .... or .... to a jeep, the fulton the jeep.
does the cutscene where you got ..... by .... just get skipped?

i realized this method after i was chased by ... :(

anybody tried extracting story personnel using fulton?

i wonder what happened if you put .... or .... to a jeep, the fulton the jeep.
does the cutscene where you got ..... by .... just get skipped?

i realized this method after i was chased by ... :(

I fulton'd a jeep with DD standing on the hood. He was still on it when it catapulted into the air. I sat there for a split second thinking what type of message would I get, but then he fell back to earth and landed right beside me like nothing happened.

Back