Image Quality and Framebuffer Analysis for Available/release build Games *Read the first post*

Looks like 1920x768 for both; 1:1 pixel mapped for the letterboxed image, vertically upscaled for the non-letterboxed image. Looks like a blurry post-process AA as well.

Were we expecting different?

Last edited:
Tearaway Unfolded

21241815086_2544cc8b42_o.png

Apart from a slightly low-res depth of field blur, image quality is excellent.

From a pre-release shot, I think AlNets judged it might be using EQAA with extra coverage samples.

Something funny about the adjacent pixels on some of the edges, like they're bleeding over due to some analytical process (morphological).

Dunno, maybe they combined MSAA & some sort of morphological.

Something funny about the adjacent pixels on some of the edges, like they're bleeding over due to some analytical process (morphological).

Dunno, maybe they combined MSAA & some sort of morphological.
How would that differ (visibly) from SMAA S2x? I'm having trouble finding good quality sample pics of SMAA S2x.

It's a wonderful game. Finally getting to play this things to a small accident which broke my arm and injured my foot. Thankfully the relaxed pacing of this game allows me to play it with one hand so far (at 7%). It's really is a wonderful game. I think the frame rate is a steady 30 isn't it?

It's a wonderful game. Finally getting to play this things to a small accident which broke my arm and injured my foot. Thankfully the relaxed pacing of this game allows me to play it with one hand so far (at 7%). It's really is a wonderful game. I think the frame rate is a steady 30 isn't it?

I think it is unlocked 60 fps

Last edited:

From what I've played it seemed like a solid 60, don't know if it drops later on

Maybe I will try my iPhones 240 frame capture to see what frame rate the game has. Today firmware 3.0 comes out. This should really help with having nice screenshots in here without compression!

Yeah, clearly 60fps. My memory probably latched on to the slow animation of some of the Papercraft.

Made some PNG screenshots. But I'm a bit immobile so I'm having some trouble getting them off the PS4.

Yeah, clearly 60fps. My memory probably latched on to the slow animation of some of the Papercraft..
The papercraft anim dropped to a stop-frame animation speed. It looked really good on Vita, but maybe looks odd in the mix of a game. We have a dilemma when it comes to talking about resolution when it comes to mixed res buffers. Now we have to worry about mixed framerate animations too! :runaway:

what AA is the U2 remaster demo using? So clean

It didn't look great to me during gameplay. About the same as TLOUR, which I assumed was the same as TLOU on PS3, but just looks better at 1080p. I would like to know exactly what they're using though.

I do wonder, however, whether Photo Mode improves AA since the frame rate appears to drop to 30fps or possibly lower during photo mode.

It didn't look great to me during gameplay. About the same as TLOUR, which I assumed was the same as TLOU on PS3, but just looks better at 1080p. I would like to know exactly what they're using though.

I do wonder, however, whether Photo Mode improves AA since the frame rate appears to drop to 30fps or possibly lower during photo mode.
It looks perfect on my tv.

I hate not being able to take screenshots... GT6 just got a new update, and IQ wise, there seems to be less flickering of objects in the distance than usual. I'd show you what I'm talking about, but I lack the equipment atm.

Patiently waiting for the reveal of GT7 at PGW. They have to announce it for fall 2016 at this point...

Back