Gran Turismo 7 [PS4]

Shortbread

Island Hopper
Legend
I'm not a 100% sure this is related to GT7... however, it would make some type of sense for this particular showing for the new Bugatti (Bugatti Vision Gran Turismo) to be linked with the PS4 hardware, rather than the outdated PS3.

Thoughts?

BUGATTI BUILDS A SUPERCAR FOR PLAYSTATION'S GRAN TURISMO

But the exclusive company has found a way to build a new car for everybody. Bugatti has announced that its next supercar will be featured in the PlayStation Gran Turismo racing franchise. The project, known as “Bugatti Vision Gran Turismo,” will still debut at the 2015 International Auto Show in Frankfurt, though it will not likely be a car you can sit in, or even touch.

Rather than designing a completely unrealistic pixels-only PlayStation car, the Bugatti design team worked to create a car that could take on a real-life race track -- if, that is, it were ever built in real life. While the car will likely be “outlandish,” according to the press release, it will give fans a taste of what the next drivable Bugatti might look like. (The photo shown here, from the accompanying the release, does no such thing.)

bvgt_naca_final.jpg

I expect a full announcement at PGW in October but not earlier than that. We'll see. Release date should be around fall 2016.

GT7 is basically going to look better than reality at this point. What is polyphony cooking up if they managed this on PS3.

sngqzjqgut.gif

They always really nail down the realistic lighting, almost every other racing sim looks cartoony in comparison. I hope for better engine sound though, Driveclub set the bar with the 24 mic recordings.

whilst GT7 will not look better than reality, but as I posted on flipcode 15 years ago, when talking about lighting, reality often is very flat and boring
hdr_comparison_by_ilogiiczzx-d46rfzs.png

reality sux, I want uberreality. OK perhaps not as overblown as the right side of the picture but more than what I see now

whilst GT7 will not look better than reality, but as I posted on flipcode 15 years ago, when talking about lighting, reality often is very flat and boring
hdr_comparison_by_ilogiiczzx-d46rfzs.png

reality sux, I want uberreality. OK perhaps not as overblown as the right side of the picture but more than what I see now
i actually really like the lighting on the left side. This reminds me very well of what DC accomplishes very well!

With the realistic shading in GT6, does GT7 even require PBR at this point lol? I hope the team does something wonderful with the gpu computing this time.

With the realistic shading in GT6, does GT7 even require PBR at this point lol? I hope the team does something wonderful with the gpu computing this time.

Would it make sense for once to have a quick turnaround game since sales of GT6 were somewhat underwhelming? Maybe the mass audience wouldn't realize it's just an incremental step?

It would not be wise to release an incremental release. GT6 was already an incremental release IMO, because GT5, while it started off very rough, turned into a very solid game in the end.

Plus the first GT on a new platform is always important and always sells well. And because it's Sony's most important franchise, I think and hope they release a very solid and polished title like they have in the past. There's more competition on the platform now so I think they feel like they need to step their game up, and I'm confident that they will.

It sold poorly compared to previous titles, but still very good compared to other racers. And I think that a big reason why it under-performed was because it was released on the tail-end of the PS3's life. The PS4 was launching around the same time.

Last edited:
They always really nail down the realistic lighting, almost every other racing sim looks cartoony in comparison.
That's only true for people who stopped looking at racing games in 2010. There are plenty of realistic looking racers now, and GT has just as many occasions where the lighting (or scenery) is weak and it looks just as computer gamey as other titles do.

IMHO, DriveClub has been the only other game that nails realistic looking lighting, and overall DriveClub is still my pick for best looking racer to date by quite a big margin. The upcoming NFS game looks promising though.

In terms of car models, PD still have the best artists in the business and their car models are second to none IMO.

Last edited:
That's only true for people who stopped looking at racing games in 2010. There are plenty of realistic looking racers now, and GT has just as many occasions where the lighting (or scenery) is weak and it looks just as computer gamey as other titles do.

Hmm, don't know about that. I've played Assetto Corsa and PCars on PC and both don't look as realistic as GT does, same for Forza. Driveclub can look a bit iffy during sunlight. GT is still king for realistic look imo. There's a huge thread on gaf comparing many different games and almost everyone agrees that GT looks the best when it comes to lighting and realism: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=167607225#post167607225

Last edited:
I disagree. GT although not always perfect it nails it better and more often than the other titles

Back