Forza Motorsport 6 [XO]

Thought you guys might enjoy this.

Video of me driving from someone else perspective. I'm the car in front. By the end of the sessions, we were running laptimes that would put us on the podium in compatible club races. I'm on Michelin Sport Cup2 on their second day. He's on fresh Hoosier R7's.

Cool. You are talking about tires, right? What are the car models in the video? The track isn't Laguna Seca, but it reminds me of it because of the landscape. Nice driving. There is a Porsche in the video which was easy to overtake, I guess the driver either had an inferior car or he wasn't focused on lap times.

Both are 2011 Corvette Z06's. His is moderately modified for track usage. Mine is basically stock.

It was a trackday, not a race thus when cars see someone flying up on them, they check up and let the pass happen cleanly.

Good ol' beautiful Corvettes. :)

Regarding cars, the Koenigsegg One:1 , which is beating every record under the sun, is my most desired car in Forza Motorsport 6. Wish the Xbox One was like that, raw power, incredible acceleration and speed, without overheating.

lol wow. This was really far back.
Launch Trailer:

what timing. MS hype machine in full effect from here on out to holiday season

Played the demo.

- Demo is very long surprisingly!
- Visually it's fine but nothing "WOW!" I think it's more of a xbox hw limitation coming into play
- Rain is very nicely done visually and gameplay wise. I really enjoyed it more than I thought I would mainly because all games I've played before this treat rain as %grip reduction and leave it at that Still I'll most likely avoid rain race where i can
- The career elements with the upgrade cards, spin to win and other elements breathe some much needed life into the career mode which for racing games tends to be very sterile
- The grip level and feel of the tires losing and regaining grip is much closer to my real life track driving experiences than any of the prior series. This is what I enjoyed the most honestly. Still plenty of room for improvement but headed in the right direction for sure
- Load times could be better
- 24 cars on track is traffic jam!

Visually it's fine but nothing "WOW!" I think it's more of a xbox hw limitation coming into play

Well from my play time it seems to be an improvement over F5. I think they mainly focus on simulation of the cars and keeping a close lock on 60 fps. They don't use a lot of crazy special effects or piss filters like a lot of trendy non sim racers use. The draw distances are pretty good and from my few races I didn't notice any pop in of geometry, textures or shadows.

But the Aliasing is still horrendous..and the simulated raindrops on the windshield are only running at 30fps during races.....and 60fps it time attack/rivals (same as the mirrors). I'm a sad panda :(

Last edited:
i just hope they bring back some of the best racing tracks like suzuka or mugello. forza5 was really disappointing in this regard.

QFT!

We traded Mugello (awesome), Suzuka (awesome), Infineon raceway (awesome) and Hockenheim (awesome) for Yas Marina (boring) and Long Beach (infuriating concrete walls, but otherwise pretty good) :(

And fantasy map Maple Valley (awesome) for Prague (so-so)

I get the new maps are more visual and it is important to show off a new console at launch, but overall a pretty shitty trade.

Cheers

Gubbi, Somehow you left out Bathurst and Spa which everyone was crying about not having before. Sonoma and Hockenheim are both back. And they've also added Brands Hatch, Circuit of the Americas, Daytona, Lime Rock, Monza, Watkins Glen, and Rio. I think Indy also got a post 2014 facelift.

Ike, Aliasing is not an issue from my play through of the demo. And how you are even noticing the fps of the rain drops is beyond me. The trade-off in Forza has always been locked 60fps and super clean image quality over dynamic lights. Still wish there was a bit more smoke, spray, etc. coming off the cars. Puddles are actually awesome, definitely changes the way you have to drive. Night was pretty but lit well enough that it didn't impact gameplay. Impressed with both the quality of the drivatars and physics model thus far, but need to get in more cars and tracks. Super bummed that they default to auto-braking. Took me a minute to figure that out and was REALLY pissing me off! LOL

Gubbi, Somehow you left out Bathurst and Spa which everyone was crying about not having before. Sonoma and Hockenheim are both back. And they've also added Brands Hatch, Circuit of the Americas, Daytona, Lime Rock, Monza, Watkins Glen, and Rio. I think Indy also got a post 2014 facelift.

Forgot about Spa, I'm not particular fond of Bathurst; primarily a hill climb with concrete walls in the technical sections, which, combined with the bumper car AI, makes for frustrating races.

Cheers

Yeah Bathurst was a bore to me also.

Looking forward to brands hatch and Sonoma. Sonoma is local and I have a quite a few laps around there so I'll report back on how similar it is. The project cars version is terrible.

Yeah Bathurst was a bore to me also.

I agree as well. But for some reason it was one of the most requested tracks coming off F4. Just posting the small correction regarding what tracks were swapped out for what. ;) I mostly miss all the Montserrat courses, especially being able to join all 3. That was boss.

Seems like there will be plenty of good ones in F6. Really like the physics improvements, and super glad they have removed the stupid quick sand. But it seems like collisions have been really toned down, ala GT6 which sucks donkey palls. That is what's bothering me the most about it right now. I'm not really upset honestly by no time/weather transitions. I think being able to select is fine, though it sucks they are only for select tracks. Hoping they add more after launch like they did with F4.

Back