GTA V: Windows 10 Performance Issue

Shortbread

Island Hopper
Legend
After installing Windows 10 (fresh install, fully patched and the latest graphics drivers), it seems GTA V is running poorly because of some weird memory leak. Mind you, I have dual OS boots (8.1 pro and 10), installed on two separate SSD (same model), on showing you the issues below.

Windows 10: :confused:

Windows 8:

As you can see, GTA V is using roughly 83% (sometimes 96%) of my system memory within Windows 10, compared to 8% in Windows 8.1 pro.

Anyone else have this particular issue?

FYI: My System Specs

Last edited:
Interesting, I was about to pull the trigger on updating to Windows 10 and although I don't have GTA V on PC I think I'll wait for you to bottom this one out first. The only thing in run in Windows is games so stability for that is essential.

Just played for about an hour, highest memory usage I saw was around 3.5 GB, right before I quit it was 2.7 GB.
I have 32 GB in my system.

Edit: just read this in a thread at HardOCP
"There is a major memory leak in Windows 10 when using SLI with the 353.62 or 355.60 drivers. It should be fine if you rollback to 353.30 or an earlier driver."

Last edited:
Edit: just read this in a thread at HardOCP
"There is a major memory leak in Windows 10 when using SLI with the 353.62 or 355.60 drivers. It should be fine if you rollback to 353.30 or an earlier driver."

Thanks for the update!!! I will try it later tonight, or early tomorrow.

Hopefully Nvidia, will get their act together with Win-10.

My 290X Crossfire system works like a charm with GTA V on Windows 10 ever since I installed it some 10 days ago.

Before I made my way through the entire thread, I was wondering how one person's GTAV was so broken under Win10.

I've been runing W10 on my gaming rig for about 30 days and have been playing a LOT of GTAV during this time. My 980Ti has been an excellent performer for the whole duration. I also had W10 preview on my Lenovo Y460 with an AMD 5650m and, other than quite a bit less performance, it too was able to play GTAV without any challenges.

Anyway, not that it matters now since SLI appears to be the culprit. Nevertheless, GTAV and Win10 appear to get along without any problems for me :)

Hopefully the latest Nvidia driver will clear up my issue. I'm glad it's not Windows 10...

Last edited:
Just read this post over at [H] again.

"Some people on the GeForce thread are saying that the driver only addresses Battlefield 4; that other games are still crashing due to running out of memory."

Hopefully not true, and it solves your problem.

Back