Quantum Break [XO] (by Remedy) *large images*

So it's 1080? VERY surprised if that turns out. I would have expected 900P if we were lucky given the visual quality.

Also interesting above even on titles 2 years into then gen devs were still working with un-pinned down hardware. Goes to show more improvements in store.

Both Red Faction Guerilla 2 and Saints Row by Volition did their entire lighting at lower resolution and looked fine. I am not quite sure if by screen-space difuse they mean just the SSGI or all diffuse lighting, but I think it's just the GI. Pretty much every Screen Space effect, from AO to Reflections, to date has been done at 1/2 res or lower, last gen or current. Doing it at 720 for a 1080p final resolve, is actually pretty good for modern standards. If the smooth look is the result of some limitation of their renderer, and not an artistic choice, then at least THIS isn't it.

I was surprised by the gamescom trailer. I was never expecting them to model main characters after actors they use in the TV show parts.

I mean it totally makes since. The surprise comes from the complete change the characters in the game have gone through compared to earlier demos.

I wonder if this is the main cause of the games delay?

This game is so ambitious that it melts my brain. The visuals are second to none (could be the best in console space along with a couple of others), and I'm assuming the amount of content required for scenes that allow you to see over time requires a lot of work, requiring artists to work much more than usual, at least per scene.

They're probably just supporting versioning for environmental assets then different times are different versions. Simples.

Then it's a case of deciding what effects you will do for transitions.

It's a great video into the glimpse of the challenges with video game making. So much of this game has changed from the original vision. Just looking back at what Quantum Break team has had to endure, the amount of support, it's really amazing to see the amount of dedication this team has had despite having ridden a rollercoaster of an Xbox One launch.

I can imagine having this on your resume is one hell of a cover letter.

Last edited:
They're probably just supporting versioning for environmental assets then different times are different versions. Simples.

Then it's a case of deciding what effects you will do for transitions.

Coming up with an asset storage convention for the timeline of a scene is easy, I was talking about artists having to do all that extra work!

The Brazil Advisory Rating Board has rated Quantum Break for PC in addition to Xbox One.
http://portal.mj.gov.br/Classificac...JogoForm.do?select_action=&tbjogo_codigo=7100

Yup just like The Witness which was rated for the "yet to be developed" XBOX One version
fASRhlj.png

or countless other games which have be rated for specific platforms and who have never seen the light of the day or have been released eons later... like GoW3 "PC" in 2011...(or Forza Horizon etc etc)
9NbviUd.jpg

Last edited:
Back