Batman Arkham Knight - with x86/GCN consoles, how come we're still getting terrible ports?

• Thread starter Deleted member 11852
  • Start date
What's up with the "90fps" :p

Now do the same for consoles because really.

I would be fine with a Film Grain toggle on all console games that have Film Grain.

Because fuck Film Grain as a graphics effect. It sucks, it doesn't add any atmosphere, it just makes the game look worse. This isn't motion pictures of some kind, it's a fucking video game. Fuck that shit into the atmosphere.

Can you tell I hate it? I think I was too subtle. :p

No it won't. Why the hell would anybody forgive them for releasing a unfinished game just because they added OR support? It's not even on sale yet and when it is then what? I gotta spend 300 bucks on OR and another shitload of cash on a gpu that will run this game at decent fps and graphical settings.

What they need to do is unfuck the game and release something stable that with acceptable performance and all the bells and whissels pc gamers expect.

Last edited:
New patch imminent which addresses these issues:
  • Reduced frame rate hitches
  • Optimized system memory and VRAM usage
  • Improved performance on all GPUs (requires the latest drivers)
    o Min Spec AMD GPU is once again the Radeon HD 7870 2GB
  • More Robust In-Game Settings, including:
    o Added the ability to change settings for Max FPS to 30/60/90
    o Added toggles for Motion Blur, Chromatic Aberration, and Film Grain
    o Added a “High” Texture Resolution value
    o Added Texture Filtering option
    o Added an Adaptive V-Sync option (NVIDIA only)
    o Added VRAM Usage Meter
    o Added Mouse Sensitivity Slider & Mouse Smoothing Option
  • Fixed low resolution texture bugs
  • Fixed hitches when running on mechanical hard drives (HDD)

Had my first proper play session with it last night, it's a surprisingly good game. Good enough in fact to make me want to split my gaming time between it and the Witcher 3.

It also runs like a dream. I'm playing with everything maxed out including all the Nvidia Gameworks features at 3325x1871 (3x 1080p) with Nvidia MFAA turned on in the CP as well. It's locked at 30 fps but it's a perfectly frame paced 100% solid 30fps. It's very nice looking but not a patch on the modded 3D version of Witcher 3 I'm also currently playing.

Interestingly it reckons it's using over 5GB of Video memory at those settings.

Back