Privacy Policy

Rys

Graphics @ AMD
Veteran
Supporter
Just a quick post to call people's attention to the newly written Beyond3D Privacy Policy:

https://forum.beyond3d.com/help/privacy-policy/

If you have any questions about how we handle your data when you interact with the site, how it gets stored and protected at rest, or any other privacy related thing here, please just let me know.

There's also a new cookie control slide up thingy on the forums. I'd rather not have to do that, but EU regulation and Google, in order to be able to continue using AdSense to advertise here, force me to show you something that says cookies are set in your browser.

5N8qPwQ.png

There is one tiny tiny issue. As in, no need to fix it ever.
The cookie control popup (bottom right) shows up on computer B when I'm logged in even though I did press "I'm fine with this" on computer A while logged in earlier.

There is one tiny tiny issue. As in, no need to fix it ever.
The cookie control popup (bottom right) shows up on computer B when I'm logged in even though I did press "I'm fine with this" on computer A while logged in earlier.
Cookies are per computer, not per account.

Wow. I had never imagined that the EU regulation forbids remembering per-user. But yeah, I just checked, Google does this too – shows the cookie notification even when I am logged in.

Yeah, the regulation says I don't have to give you the choice to have the cookies set or not, I just have to let you know that they're being set so you're informed about what's going on. Sorry that it's set for non-EU users but the geo-targeting side of the system I'm using is fallible and I don't want Google moaning while they're still the primary source of income.

Back