Image Quality and Framebuffer Speculations for WIP/alpha/beta/E3 games *Read the first post*

Quantum Break final output. Looks like 900p
Iv3l6mn.jpg

The top half is actually 720p anyway (that's the point of the demonstration). The final output... well. I've gotta run.

Ehh... Ever since the fumble with PES2015 Xbox resolution - I'm just not going to believe anyone until I see the final product.

I found Remedy's reasoning to not use GPU Sparse textures interesting: "May not be available on target platforms for future games". Any comment on this?

I found Remedy's reasoning to not use GPU Sparse textures interesting: "May not be available on target platforms for future games". Any comment on this?
They're presumably building the engine with the hope that it'll power more than just Quantum Break (in some incarnation or other). As an independent third-party studio, they can't presume that they'll only be working on a single specific hardware spec for the foreseeable future the way, for example, Naughty Dog can.

Even if they continue to work exclusively for Microsoft, with Microsoft's increased push for PC gaming lately (and cross-platform releases), support for GPUs that don't have that feature may be an issue in the future (if a PC/Xbox Alan Wake sequel were to be greenlit, for example).

We also don't know when that decision was made; Quantum Break has been in the works for quite some time, after all, and they probably started work on it well before final hardware decisions were made for the XB1.

At a later time they may incorporate the feature. They do need to see how many cards are Fl12_0.

Tiled Resources were not available on XBO until somewhere in 2014 IIRC.

Back