Favorite youtube video

I'm not religious but I'm from the Bible Belt and I must add that the vast majority of Christians in my area are nothing like that.

Well I think there are basically 3 types of Christian

Type 1: believe the bible is absolutely true and should be followed literally. total population of type 1 Christians in the world = zero
unfortunately the total population of type 1 Muslims in the world is not zero.

Type 2: fundamentalists, they say they are type 1 but you find their actually their knowledge of the bible is quite poor, they say the bible should be followed literally but they cherry pick what parts of the bible to follow depending on what suits them.
There was recently a survey in the U.S about which group of people were the most knowledgeable about the bible and the most knowledgeable group was - you guessed right Atheists

Type 3: normal Christians, they believe in the bible in a way but they know its not meant to be taken literally more like an allegory, example they don't believe Noah's Ark was true, they believe in the big bang theory but at the same time a part of them also believes in genesis because indoctrination is a hard thing to totally get rid of, but somehow they manage to perform the mental gymnastics required to simultaneous believe in two opposing things.

Back