Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

Watching mtashed (pvp guy on youtube) starting to think I'm doing it all wrong, instead of bladedancer/red death/shotty maybe I should run Gunslinger/last word/sniper, and use throwing knives liberally. Well I dunno about changing my style up that much when I'm such a crucible baby, but I have a feeling sniping would fit my natural FPS playstyle better than shotgun.
Mtashed is a very skilled sniper though (and player in general). Sniping is not for everyone, but maybe it is for you. Personally I'm not the greatest sniper and generally prefer shotgun. You shouldn't focus so much on what others are using... you should use what you're best at and try to improve on it IMO.

As for gunslinger vs bladedancer, it depends on a few things IMO, such as match type (3v3 or 6v6), map (ranged map vs small map) and even what class your opponents are using. Bladedancer gives you better mobility because of blink, but its super can easily be shutdown by other supers (especially fist of havoc). So in a 3v3 match type especially, you have to be smart on when to use it.

@orangpelupa, sorry I missed your message... message system seems to be hit and miss again. Either that or I was too focused on playing that I missed the popup. I was getting off soon anyway.

Xur sold Ballerhorn, it was the #1 trending topic on twitter, 13k browsing Destiny reddit forum last I looked, and the mods took the day off...

I dont care, I have 3. In fact now that I have Bones, there's literally nothing Xur could possibly sell that I'd care about. A little saddening realization I guess.

I think I had my fastest skolas run ever last night...timed it, ten minutes (joined on skolas as I usually try to do nowdays). Started at 8:36 done at 8:46.

Really I'm just looking for a void Six Dreg Pride, and I realize that's pointless as green weapons are going to be better the day TTK hits, which looms ever close. For whatever reason I keep doing skolas anyway.

I guess I should focus more on building up weapon parts and strange coins...upgrading greens with 5k bounties and then dismantling them is by far the best way. Also want to get back into crucible.

Teh editz lol

Last edited:
Well Primary weapons with burns are not come useless when TTK arrived, they come useless when you got primary with burn from TTK, so in the new raid… ;)

Played Skolas 2 days back for the first time. Got it done pretty easily, I would say. A far Cry from a raid boss.
Got an Elder Cypher and got The Wolfslayer's Bane shotgun from Judgment Chance from Variks. Heard it is good. Destiny sitll hasn't given me any elemental primary except Atheon's Epilogue and SKolas was no different. No luck for me in Destiny.

Skolas is easily as difficult as any raid boss, I think more so. And I have beaten him 24 times or something.

I guess it's not so much the difficulty as the time consumption of each attempt. Wipe just 2-3 times and you have likely used a ton of time.

No luck for me in Destiny.

It's not luck, people earn their weapons. That's why they dont like having their hard earned weapons nerfed. Not "lucky gotten" weapons.

At least I earned a void Auto Rifle this week, not what I wanted but at least it's void and not yet another arc. Honestly I dont think Wolfslayers Claw is bad at all for an AR. In fact I think it's downright competent as a primary period. It's just not Fatebringer or Vision of Confluence, or even as good as an average scout or HC.

I am wondering if the upcoming AR buff is really a buff though. +10% damage but reduced range sounds more like a trade to me.

Take Skolas, you basically need range on it, for defeating adds they are mostly a pretty good distance.

Last edited:
You still don't get my point of view , eh? Of course its not dumb luck. I have to play Crota, VOG on hard and SKolas to get them. I have to work for them. Luck has only delayed the reward for me. There is no way Luck can give me a elemental primary next time I play Destiny. I will have to earn it by defeating these toughest bosses, Luck will only bring a chance of me NOT getting it. Same for exotic bounties, luck can only start the bounty, rest is all hard work.

As for Skolas, I had not even attempted Skolas till now as I had heard it was a time sinnk. Went in with an experineced friend who, like you, has beaten skolas 25 times and with a guy from LFG and we did it easily. We died only once in the Skolas round, that too because the LFG guy got impatient and decided to end the fight instead of taking the poison from me. He misjudged it and we all died. The very next try, we stayed cool and finished it off. I was very surprised that it got done so easily.

Maybe the two other guys were very good or Maybe it was just luck ;) !

^ And yea, I am also not at all convinced about the AR buff. To me it seems pointless and the fact that Handguns are being nerfed means its time to just weild my Queen's Scout Rifle with Triple Tap and Firefly and just wait for TTK to give me something new.

BTW< I don'tlike how Legendaries are gonna get phased out slowly yet exotics will still carry forward. Whats the point in that? Lets just go for newer stuff now if thats the plan. Dare to do it fully if you believe u have the fun content going forward.

If the Queen's Hygiea Noblesse is your alternative you should try to get a NA3D1 Salvation State in Crucible. It's imho the best non burn Scout with mid DMG. 1 less shot but significant better Range/Stability/Reload. Have one with Auto/EP/Firefly and it is my go to weapon in PoE.

A NL Shadow 701X with Auto/Braced Frame/Firefly is a *lot* fun too. A headshot machine.

aaaaaaaaaaaay have TTK pre ordered and just realized that buying physical is cheaper

1. digital TTK 40 dolllar
2. physical Destiny legendary 60 dollar (vanilla disk + DLC1 CODE + DLC2 CODE + DLC 3 CODE (TTK))

if buy physical Destiny legendary 60 dollar, i can use the TTK code then sell the disk sell the DLCs.

aaaaaaaaaaaay have TTK pre ordered and just realized that buying physical is cheaper

2. physical Destiny legendary 60 dollar (vanilla disk + DLC1 CODE + DLC2 CODE + DLC 3 CODE (TTK))

if buy physical Destiny legendary 60 dollar, i can use the TTK code then sell the disk sell the DLCs.
Really ? I need to check it out.....running short of money these days.
Edit: Checked, no physical release here and frankly, Destiny Disc sell for very very cheap here. With no dlc, I wonder if anyone will even buy it.

Last edited:

Is there really going to be any market for reselling essentially an MMORPG without the latest expansion?

Really ? I need to check it out.....running short of money these days.
Edit: Checked, no physical release here and frankly, Destiny Disc sell for very very cheap here. With no dlc, I wonder if anyone will even buy it.

ugh Destiny in here is still going strong for 65 US DOLLAR. i guess that game selling like hot peanut and the seller take advantage.

now MGS V is listed as 70 dollar. BLOODY HELL

i need friend to be able to use instant 50% discount of game sharing...

I have to wonder if Destiny will ever reach a stable enough point where it seems like they aren't doing major revamping of the core systems every expansion?

Anyways best thing I saw is that it well seems like there might be the rumored "collection vendors" at least for exotics, and I'm going to assume everything sooner or later. So it wont be just shaders and emblems apparantely. That is great, lack of vault space was one if my biggest problems with the game easily.

I also think the idea of elemental primary exotics (99% sure I've seen that discussed somewhere) coming to TTK is a good idea because currently, many of the exotic primaries aren't super useful in PVE endgame because although great, they dont have an element on them. Lets say, imagine a void Red Death (not that old exotics are getting elements that I know of)...couple it with a gally nerf so it's not just a no brainer to gally always, and your exotic slot just got a lot more fun or at least varied.

Twitch stream is 1PM my time I believe, I'll be able to watch.

I've also found myself wondering a bit what the schedule for the next post TTK expansion is. Is it 3 months like last time or even 6, or in between? I mean, hopefully 3.

The collection vendor was accessible ages ago from bungie.net hidden link. Posted on reddit but got down voted...

BTW about story expansion. After TTK there will be vex then cabal.

From what I see from glitching around, Cabal expansion will be the one with LOTS OF NEW CONTENT.

The collection vendor was accessible ages ago from bungie.net hidden link. Posted on reddit but got down voted...

BTW about story expansion. After TTK there will be vex then cabal.

From what I see from glitching around, Cabal expansion will be the one with LOTS OF NEW CONTENT.

All this before Destiny 2 :oops: ????? I thought this was the last story expansion with something to do with weapons coming a few months later and then Destiny 2. How much more moneys Bungie :runaway:??? I mean I want more content yes, but I would rather have a Destiny 2, a full fledged kickass game which delivers on the initial plans of a mega game !

Back