Quantum Break [XO] (by Remedy) *large images*

Little details about SIGGRAH presentation of Remedy

Abstract: This talk will cover Remedy’s approach to multiscale global illumination inQuantum Break. Firstly, we present an efficient voxel tree structure and demonstrate its applications to world-space global illumination and to automatic specular probe generation using local visibility analysis. Secondly, to complement the large-scale illumination, we present our screen-space lighting solution which handles small scale ambient occlusion, reflections, and indirect lighting.

Oooooh what? We're finally getting some rendering presentations about Quantum Break?! :runaway:

Monday is already too far away.
cryfam.jpg

This talk will cover Remedy’s approach to multiscale global illumination inQuantum Break. Firstly, we present an efficient voxel tree structure and demonstrate its applications to world-space global illumination and to automatic specular probe generation using local visibility analysis.

According to explanations it seems very similar to nvidia VXGI (Voxel accelerated Global Illumination).

That environment has a serious Infamous Second Son vibe to it.
ALso, the new actrs, since I don't know them t me they look like generic faces. The earlier models had an edge to their faces making them stand out. These new faces are instantly forgettable.........unless of course you know them from TV, which I don't and they seem totally forgettable ! I can still picture the previous actors clearly in mind but not these ones. Generic face 1, generic face 2!
I mean the protagonist and antagnonist mainly.

Last edited:
Top video - great; bottom video- meh.

There's something about harsh directed light in videogames where to me it begins to look like bad lighting. I think I'm too used to non-uniform lighting applied in games and where I see areas like faces with a fair amount of equal light it reminds me of when lighting tech was muich more basic like lit vs. unlit.

What is the source of these gifs? I don't remember watching this in the trailer or the gameplay video?

Well I could easily read his lips in the first gif, but also in other videos, that's IMO impressive since often in games "the words don't match the muscles", pass me the expression.
I though have the impression that his forehead is a bit "lifeless/stiff" compared to the rest face or to him in person, and when he frown looks a bit well mechnical IMO...to me he also looks fatter in the game:yep2:

Last edited:
Unfortunately from my knowledge input bitrate has little to do with output bitrate on youtube, to game the system to get better quality they should upscale and then upload and then we get better bitrate.

Even better get it to Gamersyde and they will host good quality versions or upload to mega for us to download in all its gory detail :)

That environment has a serious Infamous Second Son vibe to it.
ALso, the new actrs, since I don't know them t me they look like generic faces. The earlier models had an edge to their faces making them stand out. These new faces are instantly forgettable.........unless of course you know them from TV, which I don't and they seem totally forgettable ! I can still picture the previous actors clearly in mind but not these ones. Generic face 1, generic face 2!
I mean the protagonist and antagnonist mainly.

You saw generic face 1 but I saw....

"Huh!...What?...Is that Bobby Drake aka Iceman"?

I hope its not going to be hard for me to get immersed in QB, given that the main character looks like a teenage marvel hero now.

Glad they didn't get Elijah Wood. LOL.

Last edited:
Game looks really nice. I don't know much about GI or AO implementations to compare. One thing I noticed is all of the performance metrics they give are on Xbox One at 720p.

Back