All purpose sales and sales rumors/anecdotes thread next gen+

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's been a few deals over this weekend for the Halo: Master Chief Collection XBox One 500GB Bundle for $299 via eBay and NewEgg.

I don't know if it's to clear the excess inventory of old Halo bundles for the Halo 5 bundle or if it's more to clear our the 500GB SKUs. I could see them slide the 1TB models down to $349 to maintain price for very little cost, but I think the $299 bundle will sell more because of the price mentality of consumers.

My suggestion to Sony would be:
  • Make the led on the console red for the Darth Vader Edition
  • Make a Jedi/Yoda edition with the led being green
The Star Wars brand is able to move units on it's own, why not abuse it? :p

The controller is supposed to match this
CMjU4D0WgAAFZ2t.png
Screen-Shot-2013-08-09-at-3.45.17-PM.png
Deepest lore

Console design is average, controller design is terrible. What a missed opportunity. :no:

Kojima certainly did not miss his (opportunity) for his last MGS themed console...And I certainly don't miss my opportunity to brag again :mrgreen::

mgs_v_ps4_1.jpg

Uh oh, that's big, really like the look of that controller too

Too bad I'm not interested in Star Wars Battlefront. Now a Uncharted 4 bundle, but that's not til next year right?
I'm trying to think of what's coming this holiday that is a must have on PS4 instead.

Uncharted NDC will be out in October, Bloodborne DLC out in 2015 probably, Tearaway, The Tomorrow Children but nothing major as far as i know. Uncharted 4 bundle should be expected for early 2016, maybe March.

Uncharted NDC will be out in October, Bloodborne DLC out in 2015 probably, Tearaway, The Tomorrow Children but nothing major as far as i know. Uncharted 4 bundle should be expected for early 2016, maybe March.

Uncharted NDC bundle might be a good option. I don't see those other games getting a bundle though sans Uncharted 4.

Here are 3DS hardware sales. It peaked in 2012, and it is selling worse and worse each passing year [2DS and redesigns did not help much].

Code:
Hardware       Ap-Jn    Jl-Sp    Oc-Dc    Ja-Mr      FY      LTD

FY 2010/11       -        -        -      3.61      3.61     3.61

FY 2011/12     0.71     2.36      8.36    2.10      13.53    17.13

FY 2012/13     1.86     3.20      7.65    1.24      13.95    31.09

FY 2013/14     1.40     2.49      7.76    0.59      12.24    43.33

FY 2014/15     0.82     1.27      4.99       -      7.08     50.41

And to finish the hole in that data above, full results for FY 2014/15

Hardware & Software Results FY14:
3DS HW: 8.73 million (↓)
Wii U HW: 3.38 million (↓)
3DS SW: 62.74 million (↑)
Wii U SW: 24.440 million (↓)

They are expecting 9M of 3DS sales in this current FY [and 3.6M of WiiUs].

Last edited:
Well there is the Madden bundle. But last year Madden sold best on PS4, even including bundles.

As for MGS5, it's no surprise... it will sell more on PS4 by far.

ZhugeEX posted this on gaf: PS4/3 sales generate more revenue than XB1/360/Wii & Wii U combined

I'd like to know how Nintendo fares when 3DS is included in such charts, because their current situation with the Wii U doesn't look that great.

Zhuge's theory doesn't look wildly wrong at a glance (and probably isn't), but I dont think he has access to such data, or at least I'd need a detailed description of how he came to his figures. As is it's essentially taking his word for it.

There's only a couple ways to try to guesstimate revenue (either somehow divining them from past financial reports, or estimating worldwide sales, both far from 100% accurate) and they'd be just that, sloppy educated guesstimates at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back