Resident Evil 2 REMAKE announced

I know they're going to screw it up somehow (like they did with the RE1 remake remaster by adding monochromatic color grading and non-sensical bloom effects) but damn it I'm excited. I've been waiting for this day since RE0 was released and included a glimpse of what a RE2 remake could look like:

LhwmeNo.jpg

ew0SqQW.jpg

QFuKc66.jpg

mgicrJb.jpg

1caW1tT.jpg

PqSX5im.jpg

Many more here:

http://imgur.com/a/NYaIt

How did they screw RE1 remake? It is probably the best resi ever and it was on very old hardware. I am so happy about this announcement

I know they're going to screw it up somehow (like they did with the RE1 remake remaster by adding monochromatic color grading and non-sensical bloom effects)

If that is the extent of your complaining.... you have lost me. REmake was great.

RE2 was my favourite RE game, so bring it on Capcom! You have my money.

The REmake was great, not so the remaster.
Well it was a remaster of an old remake. I dont believe REmake is an indication of how REmake2 will be like. The latter will be made from scratch so I have high hopes. Making it another action packed game is not one of them.

Well it was a remaster of an old remake. I dont believe REmake is an indication of how REmake2 will be like. The latter will be made from scratch so I have high hopes. Making it another action packed game is not one of them.
That's even more problematic. With a remaster they can only do small changes like the aforementioned ridiculous post-processing effects. In an actual REmake they have carte blanche to do stuff like this:

That's right, a lipstick bazooka :|.

Hopefully they don't screw with the gameplay too much. A modern control option would be nice, aside from that, everything else should stay the same - crappy voice acting and all :p

The RE remake really lost a bit with the XB1 resume feature. You didn't have to struggle through the same fear to find a typewriter to save your game before quitting, you can just go do whatever else you want to do or go to sleep and come back right from where you started without having to find a save point.

It made things far more convenient but far less stressful (which was a huge part of the original game, IMO).

my very first PSOne game ever, possible the game that got me into real gaming. The original was packed with 2X2 campaigns, it was amazing then theres Hunk mini mission and Tofu. In order to top and live up to the original, they need to double that by make 2 version of the remake. One based on the old fix camera style tank control, and one in RE4 style 3D camera. As long as the new backgrounds are fully rendered in 3D all assets can be reuse. It will be 2x2 x 2 play style.

So is it a remake (a new game based on the same story) or is it a remaster (a HD version) ?

Let's hope Leon won't be inheriting his perplexingly popular quip-tastic RE4 personality. And please keep the Ada fan service to a minimum. She's really not that great a character.
The first REmake was a real stroke of genius. The smartest and most tasteful upgrade any game could possibly hope for.

That's even more problematic. With a remaster they can only do small changes like the aforementioned ridiculous post-processing effects. In an actual REmake they have carte blanche to do stuff like this:
Why should small changes necessarilly be "ridiculous post processing effects"? I am also perplexed by your concern. On one hand people are worried that too many changes may alienate the game too much from the splendor that it was, and on the other hand you are worried that it wont be different.

Resident Evil 2 wont be a remaster of the PS1 game.

It will be a remake, similar to the GC's remake of PS1's Resident Evil.

Resident Evil Remake that was released recently was a remaster of the GC remake. :p

Why should small changes necessarilly be "ridiculous post processing effects"? I am also perplexed by your concern. On one hand people are worried that too many changes may alienate the game too much from the splendor that it was, and on the other hand you are worried that it wont be different.

Resident Evil 2 wont be a remaster of the PS1 game.

It will be a remake, similar to the GC's remake of PS1's Resident Evil.

Resident Evil Remake that was released recently was a remaster of the GC remake. :p
You're confused, I'm part of the people who are worried that too many changes may alienate the game too much from the splendor that it was. With the remasters (RE1 and RE0) they've already made dumb changes like the aforementioned nonsensical post-processing effects. With an actual remake the potential for more stupid changes is increased tenfold. The "lipstick bazooka" scene is an example of one of those potential terrible changes.

You're confused, I'm part of the people who are worried that too many changes may alienate the game too much from the splendor that it was. With the remasters (RE1 and RE0) they've already made dumb changes like the aforementioned nonsensical post-processing effects. With an actual remake the potential for more stupid changes is increased tenfold. The "lipstick bazooka" scene is an example of one of those potential terrible changes.
I still fail to understand your worry. RE1 and RE0 are remasters. RE1 as a remake on the GC was perfect so Capcom may actually do a good game too. Also I dont see anyone making a big fuss about dumb changes on the remastered remake. Wasn't the lipstick bazooka in Resident Evil 6 which was the worst sequel ever made? I am pretty sure Capcom would prefer to make a remake like Resi1 not a game like Resi 6

I still fail to understand your worry. RE1 and RE0 are remasters. RE1 as a remake on the GC was perfect so Capcom may actually do a good game too. Also I dont see anyone making a big fuss about dumb changes on the remastered remake. Wasn't the lipstick bazooka in Resident Evil 6 which was the worst sequel ever made? I am pretty sure Capcom would prefer to make a remake like Resi1 not a game like Resi 6
Well the RE1 remake was made over a decade ago and had Mikami in charge of it. We don't really know what developers within are going to be working on this. I know they have capable and talented artists. What I'm worried about is the direction. Everything RE-related has been crazy over the top since CV.

The lipstick bazooka is from Darkside Chronicles, which is in part a retelling of RE2.

Well the RE1 remake was made over a decade ago and had Mikami in charge of it. We don't really know what developers within are going to be working on this. I know they have capable and talented artists. What I'm worried about is the direction. Everything RE-related has been crazy over the top since CV.

The lipstick bazooka is from Darkside Chronicles, which is in part a retelling of RE2.
Oh come on Darkside Chronicles doesnt even deserve a mention :p It was a shooting game
I agree that everything has been over the top since CV, this is why fans asked for Resi2 Remake. If Capcom is still clueless what we want after the complaints they got for Resi 6 and the praise we gave for REmake, then they are managed by a bunch of idiots

The lipstick bazooka is right there next to the singing pretty boy in the rain from RE0 which is a mainline title.

At this point all I'm hoping for is a kick-ass graphical update.

Back