nVidia PR e-mails?

ByteMe said:
digitalwanderer said:
Nope, and most of that does just have to do with cowardice against the headaches of retribution....you are correct. :oops:

I think someone needs to keep a close watch on you. I bet you would make a good car salesman. I would suggest that you reaffirm your ideals and blast those suckers (Nvidia).
After I catch up on everything I'm behind on I promise you I will ByteMe. :)

digitalwanderer said:
ByteMe said:
digitalwanderer said:
Nope, and most of that does just have to do with cowardice against the headaches of retribution....you are correct. :oops:

I think someone needs to keep a close watch on you. I bet you would make a good car salesman. I would suggest that you reaffirm your ideals and blast those suckers (Nvidia).

Why would you bite yourself? :? :oops:

K.I.L.E.R said:
digitalwanderer said:
ByteMe said:
digitalwanderer said:

Why would you bite yourself? :? :oops:
'Cause I taste so darn good. 8)

This e-mail and/or attachment is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.
Thats the message several law firms that i know of use.
Wierd, its like the standard disclaimer - worthless, because of course you havent agreed to it. LOL

Althornin said:
... worthless, because of course you havent agreed to it. LOL

Do you know that for sure? He might have agreed to something similar in earlier dealings with nvidia, which could make it "according to custom" (accepted procedure) since this could be regarded as answer to his previous emails to them.

rubank said:
Do you know that for sure? He might have agreed to something similar in earlier dealings with nvidia, which could make it "according to custom" (accepted procedure) since this could be regarded as answer to his previous emails to them.
what i meant was that merely attaching some disclaimer to the end of an email doesnt in any way make it binding.
I could put "by reading this post, you agree to send Althornin $1,000,000 via paypal within the next 60 days", but it doesnt make it so.

rubank said:
Althornin said:
... worthless, because of course you havent agreed to it. LOL

I believe it is called an implied contract. It is of no force and affect.

digitalwanderer said:
Do you really want them to be able to intimidate you like that and just roll over for 'em?

"Question authority!" ain't just a bumper sticker, it's a damned good philosophy of life at times. It's a good thing to wonder if you should obey someone's order or not, and to ponder from time to time if the person giving you orders is actually entitled to order you around.

Since when is a PR department an authority figure :LOL: Maybe in their own minds or something 8)

Zvekan said:
Ok I'm confused. I just got a interesing mail from one of nVidia PR guys and this is what is written at the end of message.

"This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message"

It sounds like a standard disclaimer that, as with many companies today, are automatically appended to emails as they are sent from the company email system. It wouldn't even matter if someone was emailing his/her spouse with the day's shopping list, it'd still say "confidential and privileged information".:rolleyes:

AFAICS the world's not content with just jamming the inboxes of the world with SPAM - now we also have to suffer paragraphs of legal mumbo jumbo - joy.

Of course "Any views expressed in this message are those of the author, except where the author specifies and, with authority, states them to be the ...." :)

Back