Halo 5: Guardians [XO]

Expected to be old, just didn't expect it to be that old.

Maybe it was the most stable build they felt comfortable having the public play.

I could just imagine the reactions if the build they brought was extremely buggy----in other words 343i has to play it safe after the cluster-f*ck of the MCC launch.

Lol agreed. There is a cert process for demos as well. So I was thinking 1 month old, or 1.5 months: but three months places it before E3. Which says a lot about how old that E3 demo is.

It might just be incomplete/placeholder. Which grenades are we talking about here anyway?
Plasma
standard?

I saw, oddly 3 different styles of explosions. 1 was significantly worse compared to the other two.

This talk of explosions looking worse has made me wonder whether it’s possible for development teams (I’ve hypothesised similar before) to analyse each of the different effects for their frame time and then substitute a heavy effect like reflection mapping for the actual explosion and maybe some simple reflection of the flame instead (rather than full scene reflections). Besides massive exposure from an explosion would actually make your eyes readjust their pupil dilation (or aperture) to compensate and therefore only the overexposed parts are seen. It could be done in the same way a magician uses sleight of hand to hide something they’re doing; i.e., your eyes are drawn to one area, so why emphasize on something that’s avoided or ignored.

Alternatively change the whole lighting scheme for when an explosion does go off so that the flames provide the majority of the scene’s lighting and use less exposure / lower quality variations of the remaining light sources.

I can imagine that such an implementation could appear more pleasing to the eye if the limitations are compensated for appropriately.

It might just be incomplete/placeholder. Which grenades are we talking about here anyway?
Plasma
standard?

I saw, oddly 3 different styles of explosions. 1 was significantly worse compared to the other two.

Standard grenades.

Since the holy trinity of Halo is guns, grenade and melee it's a delicate balance to maintain. Hoping that is adjusted as I don't think it is a tech issue.

Plasma
standard?

Is there not

frag
plasma
pulse

There are 3 icons on the HUD and the third type is pickup thats been shows on the B-Roll I believe. Pulse name I saw from Ready Up Live

OCD triggered. Or just trypophobia. Dunno. Those circle protrusions are making me scratch. Looks awful. Wrong.

Attachments

• asdf.jpg
    asdf.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Definitely Trypophobia, it's triggering it in me as well. Makes me freak out a bit looking at it. Looks like I'm either not going to be playing this or not going to be using that particular weapon..ever.

Regards,
SB

Back