NVidia Dream Machine auction on ebay

Malo

Yak Mechanicum
Legend
Supporter
wasn't sure where to post this, figured its go to do with Nvidia....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...&item=2766882563

The thing I noticed is that throughout the whole thing its for charity yet at the bottom it says in small print that only the amount over the actual value of the PC (16,000US :oops: ) would go to charity??

edit: added http to link....

The winning bidder will also receive a cornucopia of this year’s hottest PC games, including: Flight Simulator 2004, Madden 2004, Medal of Honor, Star Wars Galaxies, Tiger Woods 2004, Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness, Tron 2.0, and more.

:oops:

Since it's for charity, I won't provide a custom press release for this one... Unless the hungry people this auction is supposed to feed are employees of Nvidia Corporation, of course.

BTW, the current leading bidder has negative feedback.

Kalbaz said:
The thing I noticed is that throughout the whole thing its for charity yet at the bottom it says in small print that only the amount over the actual value of the PC (16,000US :oops: ) would go to charity??

Actually, that's not the case. The whole amount should be going to charity. However, if the winner bids higher than the fair market value ($16K), then the bidder (in the U.S.) can declare that amount over $16K on his own personal tax return as a charitible contribution.

Joe DeFuria said:
Kalbaz said:

Actually, that's not the case. The whole amount should be going to charity. However, if the winner bids higher than the fair market value ($16K), then the bidder (in the U.S.) can declare that amount over $16K on his own personal tax return as a charitible contribution.

ahhh my bad. thanks for clarification Joe.

Nice case though, I think I'd much rather Dawn and Dusk on the side of my case rather than a bloody chimp..... even though theres a nice 9800P inside ;)

bah I was looking around for 5 minutes for another thread...... should have just a search maybe. oh well.

Back