Halo 5: Guardians [XO]

New level Fathom B roll.

Also sports new improvements over the beta, this may have the increased move speed and also weapons on the ground have a lit silhouette to make them more obvious.

Really good! Wow the level design is much better. Gotta keep an eye on verticality. Great map control and understanding will go a long way for players. Great flow, wow I'm genuinely excited enough to buy an elite controller now LOL

Reminds me a bit of The Pit map in Halo 3, great stuff. Also, framerate looks good in this map.

New level Fathom B roll.

Also sports new improvements over the beta, this may have the increased move speed and also weapons on the ground have a lit silhouette to make them more obvious.

That looks fun ! :D What I don't like about the gfx is the unrealistic halos around lights...too fake and jarring and block visuals for nothing.

This looks fun , man :

Non traditional map layouts !

I have problems with the simple basic Halo skills in MP, I'm going to suck so bad with the addition of the new stuff. It looks really smooth though.

That looks fun ! :D What I don't like about the gfx is the unrealistic halos around lights...too fake and jarring and block visuals for nothing.

This looks fun , man :

The way these maps flow is so much better than before. I'm so glad map traversal is such an integral part of this game. I played some H2A and the options seemed a little limited on most maps.

This looks fun , man :

This video looks like a mix between Halo, Cod and Destiny. It's much faster than traditional Halo. This seems really fun at least, wanna try it out before i make a final judgement.

Flashlights! :D

The screen effects are pretty sad. The seven (?) samples make for obvious grain even at youtube 480p. And I was hoping that the desaturation with the white flashes was mostly done to minimize the obviousness of the not-that-great HDR in Reach and Halo 4, but it looks like maybe it's just the look they're aiming for or something.

Hey, is that the first ever footage from Blue Team gameplay?? Or did I miss something?

DF ran Gamescom footage through their FPS machine, looks almost entirely locked 60 by now (in fact I didn't notice any dip below 60 except that mentioned below). Definitely huge improvement over E3 version IIRC

There's is once instance I spotted (beginning of hunter battle) where footage starts out all the way down at 30 then ramps up, but could be a coming out of cutscene bug/glitch/effect is my guess.

Edit: the very beginning of the video shows a 56 FPS dip as well.

Edit2: checking again e3 footage DF analyzed was mostly 60 FPS and a entirely different level, so I give up.

Last edited:
DF ran Gamescom footage through their FPS machine, looks almost entirely locked 60 by now (in fact I didn't notice any dip below 60 except that mentioned below). Definitely huge improvement over E3 version IIRC

It's probably more fair to say that the string of clips 343i chose to put together were effectively 60fps with the major exception of the Hunter introduction.

i.e. It's hard to compare to the E3 section since that wasn't represented here. It's not that there isn't room for improvement, but it's simply an analysis of what exactly is being shown.

Back