The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

London Geezer

Legend
Supporter
I have to do everything around here!!!

We really need this thread. So here we go.

At the moment I'm just waiting for most of my favourite shows to start again - hate this whole summer break thing we have to endure.

But these last couple of years I must say the biggest surprise for me was, by far, The Flash. At first I thought it would be a cheap and horrible attempt to cash in on the superhero trend but it turned out to be a pure work of love, with an amazing cast (the Flash kid himself being a wonderful actor who fits the role just perfectly), the right amount of silliness, lots of humour, superhero cliches and action.

Just wonderful.

Isn't everyone waiting for The Man in the High Castle to start on Amazon?

Just finished sons of anarchy -fantastic
also the following - as above
supernatural - silly fun
old, but i loved it battlestar galactica (not the 70's version) and its sort of prequel caprica

I rewatched the first season of Agents of Shield. Pretty good series!
As a huge Joss Whedon and Buffy fan, as well as Marvel of course, I was hugely disappointed that I wasn't able to get into that one. Don't know why, I just didn't get it.

Just finished sons of anarchy -fantastic
also the following - as above
supernatural - silly fun
old, but i loved it battlestar galactica (not the 70's version) and its sort of prequel caprica
Supernatural... I watched it until season 8 or 9 (one or two seasons before the latest one) and as much as I loved it, they really are stretching the story far beyond what I would have considered the end of this show.

I rewatched the first season of Agents of Shield. Pretty good series!

Its barely tollerable. It has so much potential but consistently falls short.

I couldnt even watch more than 2 episodes of the Agent Carter tie in series. Absolutely boring.

The Netflix series Daredevil is what all tv series about superheroes should strive to be.

If the two series were shark movies, Daredevil is to Jaws as Agents of Shield is to Sharknado.

Regarding the mention of the Warchovskis no-longer brothers (spelling probably incorrect), has anybody else watched Sense 8 on Netflix? Not too bad, I thought, though a bit nonsensical at times of course.

Reminiscent of Heroes and probably worth another series.

We're also part way through the first series of Orphan Black. Quite entertaining so far though the English accent of the main character is absolutely all over the place!

In retrospect Agent Carter was pretty crap.

Shield becomes great once you start to care about the characters. Also, it is one of the most non-in-your-face progressive shows I have ever seen.

Supernatural... I watched it until season 8 or 9 (one or two seasons before the latest one) and as much as I loved it, they really are stretching the story far beyond what I would have considered the end of this show.

Fundamentally, I agree. And yet, I still watch it, because as repetitive as some patterns may be, and as drawn out as the whole is, I still find it (almost) as enjoyable as it has always been.

Wet Hot American Summer is out on Netflix. It's funny as hell. "His cooking smells like a skunk who crawled up another skunk's butt and then took a shit and then they both died".

Only thing I'm watching at the moment is Silicon Valley. The whole first season is worth viewing if only for the pay off of the outstanding final episode. Got a few episodes to catch up on in season 2 so no spoilers please!

Only thing I'm watching at the moment is Silicon Valley. The whole first season is worth viewing if only for the pay off of the outstanding final episode. Got a few episodes to catch up on in season 2 so no spoilers please!
Silicon Valley is fantastic. The writing and acting is top notch :)

Penny Dreadful! Watched the first season over two days and... I'm not sure what these guys took while writing this show but I want some!

It's a fun show. Unfortunately it's also a really poorly paced one I think. Could really do with a couple less of these momentum-destroying flashback sequences/episodes. A bit like American horror story in that regard.

I'm watching Homeland right now. It's fantastic.
Also cannot recommend the Fargo miniseries enough. Hannibal's pretty great too if you have the stomach for it.

Last edited:
I'm watching Homeland right now. It's fantastic.

It is. I really enjoyed it too - although I have to admit, the character of Claire Danes drives me nuts. It is very well played though, but it definitely has my blood pressure go up everything I watch it/her. Which season are you at currently?

Back