The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt revealed

Spoiler tags won't stop the images loading. They'll still load but not be displayed until you click on the spoiler. At least that's how it works in Chrome on my machine.

Besides, don't we have a thread dedicated to really large images? Why aren't people using that?

Regards,
SB

Why are the horses so dumb in this game? When I finally got to Kaer Mohren and the cutscene with the old witcher ended I was greeted with Roach making sweet love to his feeding trough. I mean he was really getting it.

Why are the horses so dumb in this game? When I finally got to Kaer Mohren and the cutscene with the old witcher ended I was greeted with Roach making sweet love to his feeding trough. I mean he was really getting it.

Apparently, the latest patch was supposed to update horse behavior. What it does exactly, I don't know. The dumb thing still comes to a screeching halt over everything. No seriously. Everything. There was a rock in the path that it kept "braking" over.

There's also a new new movement layout. I don't know what that does, either. I have it enabled and it doesn't seem any different. I'm 145 hours in and 35% complete. I'm taking my sweet time. I did a really cool quest yesterday called "In Wolves Clothing". I think the quests are pretty creative and the story is way more interesting than almost every reviewer gave the game credit for.

just done the high vampire quest on the dock.... man... what a missed opportunity with all the "choosing the lesser evil" conversation.

its also tied with Dandelionpatricia quest so it felt too weak for such important event.

the baron quest still the highest quality i ever met in W3.

I really like what they've done with the lighting in Witcher 3, in thumbnails as requested

I've played the game for 130 hours and i am still impressed by TOD in certain areas.

just done the high vampire quest on the dock.... man... what a missed opportunity with all the "choosing the lesser evil" conversation.

its also tied with Dandelionpatricia quest so it felt too weak for such important event.

the baron quest still the highest quality i ever met in W3.
Sorry to say nothing reaches the Baron questline's quality. Not surprising considering it's out there among the best ever createtd.

Cuts scene lighting enabler is the best mod ever...

Tried various reshade mod and they are horrible .they basically just change the tint and put too much post fx.

Now the probkrmbis cutscene lightning is very heavy and I'm forced playing in 768p :/

Bye bye 900p.

Fortunately amd's GPU scaling works really well upscaling it to 1080p

Cuts scene lighting enabler is the best mod ever...

Tried various reshade mod and they are horrible .they basically just change the tint and put too much post fx.

Now the probkrmbis cutscene lightning is very heavy and I'm forced playing in 768p :/

Bye bye 900p.

Fortunately amd's GPU scaling works really well upscaling it to 1080p

What GPU are you using? I'm on a 680 and the I didn't find the cutscene lighting to be particularly stressful. I'm now playing at 1920x810 though which is not only less stressful but looks nicer IMO. I'm not running everything at Ultra though, and hairworks is off.

What GPU are you using? I'm on a 680 and the I didn't find the cutscene lighting to be particularly stressful. I'm now playing at 1920x810 though which is not only less stressful but looks nicer IMO. I'm not running everything at Ultra though, and hairworks is off.

How do you able to get custom resolution?

I prefer to run on 1440*1080 or 1024*1080. With forced aspect ratio.

For some reason non native horizontal resolution looking good to my eyes.

BTW I'm using radeon HD 7770. I no longer can over clock it because my power supply still in warranty for two months now.. Now using 10 years old power supply

How do you able to get custom resolution?

I prefer to run on 1440*1080 or 1024*1080. With forced aspect ratio.

For some reason non native horizontal resolution looking good to my eyes.

BTW I'm using radeon HD 7770. I no longer can over clock it because my power supply still in warranty for two months now.. Now using 10 years old power supply

I setup a custom resolution in the Nvidia Control panel. I'd assume ccc has a similar option so once created in there, the resolution should be selectable in game. Sometimes you need to select the correct aspect ration first though.

Witcher 3's final free DLC is New Game Plus

New Game Plus modes vary from game to game, but they typically allow players who have completed a game once to start over with extra rewards or challenges for the second go-around.

Looking ahead, The Witcher 3's first of two paid expansions--Hearts of Stone--will launch in October. This expansion may see the return of a character from The Witcher 1.

http://news.yahoo.com/witcher-3s-final-free-dlc-220645572.html

Expansion news ...
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/witcher-3-paid-expansion-may-see-witcher-1s-shani-/1100-6429053/

I just had the most awesome round of Gwent ever played.

We'd both lost one round, final card of the game I was down by 38 points. Foe had a Monster deck so I knew he would be strong on melee. I saved that Biting Frost card to the very end. On the last play I threw it down and walked away, not looking behind like a badass while his 52 score fell to 8 and I beat him with 13. Took him down like he was a teammate and I was Al in a Banshee.

I started over last night on Death March. Wish me luck.

I'm willing to bet the new game mode will offer permadeath. It'd be nice if it could be a full fledged game where you play as Ciri. But that's wishful thinking.

I setup a custom resolution in the Nvidia Control panel. I'd assume ccc has a similar option so once created in there, the resolution should be selectable in game. Sometimes you need to select the correct aspect ration first though.

amd do have custom res but no aspect ratio option :(
the scaling also beoken with additional black bar despite it should scale

Does anyone know how to tweak the effectiveness of SMAA with SweetFX? How to improve the AA with it, I mean.

Back