Forum Reorganisation 2015

Thanks Rys for looking into my requests. I'm sure I will make do. So no worries!

Tommy McClain

Thanks Rys for looking into my requests. I'm sure I will make do. So no worries!

Tommy McClain
No problems. I've kept them on the list as potential future enhancements if we can ever afford a part-time developer for the website and forums, or I come across add-ons to help do it.

Is it just me or are people names missing from some posts now? It was okay last night. This is in Chrome:

Forum.jpg

Yes, this is happening in some forum/threads but not others. I.e. this thread looks OK but the one's I've visited in the Console area all seem borked. The problem exists in Safari (OS X) and Chrome (OS X) . I like this new anonymity feature!

This thread's OK because we've all got custom user titles set. That's one way to fix it, before the theme developer does: go into your user profile and set a custom user title.

Would it be possible to make "Mark Forums Read" more accessible instead of hiding it away in the Forums menu?

At least on my PC (in Firefox) this behaviour causes some problems as it actually scrolls to a few pixels below where the category starts. And for some reason the subforum links are not clickable when they are just partially shown. :???:
I've fixed this by enabling categories to have their own pages that contain their subforums. Let me know what you think!

Yep! https://forum.beyond3d.com/posts/1860437/

I've had a look and.....I have no idea what I'm doing. Filing bugs with the theme developer shortly.

Yes, this is happening in some forum/threads but not others. I.e. this thread looks OK but the one's I've visited in the Console area all seem borked. The problem exists in Safari (OS X) and Chrome (OS X) . I like this new anonymity feature!

This thread's OK because we've all got custom user titles set. That's one way to fix it, before the theme developer does: go into your user profile and set a custom user title.

Dumb question, but is giving him very strong feedback like a virtual slap on the back of the wrists or are you gonna report him to the internet police over it? :|

Rys is the internet police. Who's watching the watcher? :runaway:

Pretty sure if threads are being deleted there's a good reason for it.

I am giving you a very strong negative feedback for deleting entire threads without a reason.
I've not heard of threads being deleted. They get closed, but I don't know of wholesale denial of the threads existence. I'm sure there's very good reason - the thread is so bad it's a blight on the forum, or it gives away info that shouldn't be publicly available, or it's an accident/bug. edit...accident.

This board doesn't do censorship or shaping of information to fit a particular mindset/ethos/perspective (beyond sensible, open discussion!).

I assume he's talking about the Fury X thread being mistakenly deleted while I was on a moderation spree. The irony is that I was on a moderation spree because he was crapping all over the thread. Thumbs up all round.

Back