AMD Radeon R9 Fury X Reviews

gamervivek

Regular
Gibbo of OCUK says that the Fury X supply is quite dire with 1-2pc at a time while his warehouse has a few hundreds of Furies.

Gibbo of OCUK says that the Fury X supply is quite dire with 1-2pc at a time while his warehouse has a few hundreds of Furies.

So, they have many Fiji Pro and much less Fiji XT. Perhaps the problem here is not HBM but TSMC's yield with 28 nm?

Also, remember they need the same dies for the upcoming R9 Nano launch.

Perhaps there's much more supply of Air Furies than water-cooled, X models. That would make some sense.

Perhaps there's much more supply of Air Furies than water-cooled, X models. That would make some sense.

Air Furies are, let's say, salvage parts. R9 Nano won't be a salvage part with disabled units but the whole enabled die.

I guess they build up the necessary quantities for it.

@UniversalTruth said:

afbnlh.jpg

lhttp://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/R9_Fury_X/31.html

@fellix said:

The LuxMark performance is rather disappointing, considering Fury's advantage in both ALU and BW throughput. Nothing groundbreaking on the geometry and tessellation front, either.

@pharma said:

Seems like on average the Fury X is placed between GTX 980 and GTX 980ti across variety of resolutions.

@ToTTenTranz said:

Seems like on average the Fury X is placed between GTX 980 and GTX 980ti across variety of resolutions.

If by variety you mean Project Cars and idTech5 games, then yes, I guess.

Generally, the Fury X is way faster than the 980. It stands between the 980 Ti and the Titan X, sometimes beating the two.

@pharma said:

If by variety you mean Project Cars and idTech5 games, then yes, I guess.

Generally, the Fury X is way faster than the 980. It stands between the 980 Ti and the Titan X, sometimes beating the two.
I think you need to read a few more reviews posted by the OP.

@fellix said:

May be AMD should have gone with more pixel throughput for Fiji this time. There's still leftover BW for that to burn in.

p.s.:

Looks like Fiji's frame-buffer compression is only a bit better than Kepler's:

51TXswN.gif

Now I revise my suggestion -- AMD should have put a more aggressive colour compression instead. :???:

Back