Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

im sooooooooooooooooooooo bored but theres no other MP games to play

Titanfall = only ~100 players in my region
BF4 = rubberbanding mess of netcode
BF3 = too little player
BFBC2 = 2x ping time

Destiny = already played all stock maps. Cant play DLC playlist map because nobody played them in my region (the matchmaking takes very long and often failed).

im sooooooooooooooooooooo bored but theres no other MP games to play

Titanfall = only ~100 players in my region
BF4 = rubberbanding mess of netcode
BF3 = too little player
BFBC2 = 2x ping time

Destiny = already played all stock maps. Cant play DLC playlist map because nobody played them in my region (the matchmaking takes very long and often failed).
Try Planetside 2, surprising good now it's not in beta.

i cant get the hang of PS2 at all since on PC. on PS4 also still too confusing.

destiny is so straightforward. Just move forward, shoot everything that moves.

hmm probably gonna prawls in patrol tonight. looking for spots with nice view

WAT DE HECK!
i just came back from the remote village visiting grandparents graveyard and came back to have bloody annoying Bungie Nerf Wave news.

what the heck are they thinking?

no wonder bungie really dont want Destiny to be released on PC. They annoys lots of users, modders make private servers and let us the way the game is meant to be played. Instead of the way the game its meant to be played by Bungie's vision.

but i should have not surprised. Bungie have strong history of destroying players playstyle, emergent gameplay and strategy. They love to destroy anything that "outside of Bungievision".

I am extremely surprised they want to nerf Gjallrhron :LOL: ! I mean, why te hell????!?!? Who has th e weapon hurt ever ! Its a legend, let it be ! Its not as if anyone has ever complained of it ! WTH, Bungie ?
and nerfing Hawkmoon's range ? Why the fuck? What has Hawkmoon done wrong in PVE? Nerf it bloody as much as you want in PvP, but why are these legends being turned into Just-another-weapon in PvE????

and, seriously,Bungie, you want to nerf Gjallarhorn :LOL: ? Wtf are you thinking sitting in your studio? The only reason some of the people are still playing is to get that elusive Gjllarhorn. Bloody hell, even I got it only when HOW released.......This weapon is your golden legend of the game and you want to nerf it :rolleyes: !

Boy, thesre ROmans must be crazy !!!

Everybody has been whining for the last months we need weapon re balancing, Bungie does it and we get a firestorm of complaints? :LOL:

Ok, I sort of get why and even I wasn't happy at first blush with changes. But I'm hoping the game ends up playing better because of them, wait and see.

At least AR's should be more useful after the buffs, which I'm looking forward too. And even Gally getting nerfed, while part of me hates it, honestly for endgame content I never carry any other exotic but Gally. Isn't that a little boring?

I do kind of hope they dont nerf it TOO much though.

I've seen some discussion on reddit that Mida or even Messenger/Pilgrim will be the new PVP meta guns after 2.0. Should be fun to see who is smart enough to correctly predict this. Some even think Hard Light will become S-tier.

Anyways we still have two months of the old meta. So enjoy it if you like it.

Got Six Dreg Pride II from Skolas...excite!...and it turns out to be Arc. Yech. Would have been thrilled if it was solar or void but nope, yet another Arc (now have six arc primaries) It has the same impact as FB, better range, less in a couple other stats, so that's probably a wash, but on perks FB has explosive rounds and Outlaw, plus Firefly, probably going to trump army of one and shank burn or whatever on Six Dreg pretty easily.

@Rangers

my anger is not on the general nerf itself but on the specific nerf for destroying emergent gameplay, emergent strategy, and exotic value of exotic weapon.

Example:

Blackhammer have awesome unlimited ammo that need skill to work. So people with good shooting skill take advantage of it and apply to their gameplay strategy.

What is their reason for nerfing White Nail? O_O
If you think Blackhammer is too EXOTIC for a LEGENDARY. Then simply RENAME IT to EXOTIC. Goddammit!!!.

now onto Ice Breaker. This is a goddamn EXOTIC!!! why the heck did they make the ammo regen slower? It is already high recoil, low shooting speed sniper. Why you make it even slower? Heck, ice breaker already lost all ammo when you spawn or change weapon back to ice breaker.

If you behind the scene dont want people to use Ice Breaker to "refill" ammo for other weapon, then DONT REFILL!!! Make it like the half-ass job you done on crucible (changing weapon = lost all ammo).

now about Gjallahorn. For Travellr's sake! that thing is and EXOTIC adorned with WOLVES sculpture, have its iconic WOLFPACK rounds. Why the heck you nerf its exotic feature?

Its very useful for killing your STUPID, BORING, and BULLET SPONGE boss.

TL;DR: Bungie nerf the EXOTIC feature of EXOTIC weapon.

-----------

or what i want is... OVERHAUL your goddamn game design philosophy for FUTURE content instead of destroying your players emergent strategy and gameplay.

I think DICE with battlefield is the best in this aspect.

BFBC2 have full building destruction. DICE dislike this. DICE then reduce the full building destruction in BF3, the DISABLE it on BF4. They did not nerf the C4 to become crackers.....

BFBC2 have full airspace freedom, dice dislike this. They then reduce the airspace in BF3, give manned AA on base to discourage stealing aircraft. They still dislke this, then reduce it even further in BF4 and put CPU AA that only works if you spot enemy. But the aircraft itself still WORKS PROPERLY, you STILL CAN STEAL AIRCRAFT. They did not suddenly change Jet to only able to fly at 100 speed instead of 300+.

They did not suddently give "you no longer can steal aircraft" bullshit like Bungie deleted lootcave and sparrow racing.

Yeah, this news actually makes it even easier to move on to other games. I really hope H5 MP doesn't suck ass.

if im not saving money for VR (probably morpheus, My pc is ancient) i will buy X1 for Halo and Forza Horizon. I dont really like 343i's Halo 4, i probably dont really like Halo 5 compared to Halo Reach. But im pretty sure it is still a Halo game with strong story and gameplay.

Bungie after getting out of Microsoft is like Teenager when they first time live out of their parents house into "the world". They are getting out of hand really fast.

if im not saving money for VR (probably morpheus, My pc is ancient) i will buy X1 for Halo and Forza Horizon. I dont really like 343i's Halo 4, i probably dont really like Halo 5 compared to Halo Reach. But im pretty sure it is still a Halo game with strong story and gameplay.

Bungie after getting out of Microsoft is like Teenager when they first time live out of their parents house into "the world". They are getting out of hand really fast.

I am just gonna go for MGS V and No Mans Sky after that. I already voiced some of my opinion a few days back here:
http://renegaderocks.blogspot.in/2015/07/destiny-where-is-your-fantasy.html

ALso, I am gonna get a cheap copy of The Crew for casual racing and hope a F2P MMORPG hits PS4 soon, cos I am very interested in FFXIV but that damn game has to be bought and then paid for each month :O !

I like how they limited final round to precision hits on snipers, and that they nerfed thorn. I'm not particularly happy that they nerfed hand cannons in general, but I understood why. What I don't understand is why they nerfed Gjallarnhorn, Ice Breaker, Black Hammer or shotguns in PVE.

I really do hope they finally find a balance and settle with it.

The white nail perk I never thought was intended to work the way it does. In fact I think people were surprised, as the description doesn't make it clear. In fact the way they're changing it to seems more like the way the perk is worded. And too be fair saving reload time is still pretty nice.

Black Hammer really is powerful enough it should have been an exotic basically though.

The shotgun nerf, I dunno, it could put some balance back towards fusion rifles which would be nice. They're nerfing 10% of the 200% it's at compared to pre-buff, so it'll still be 180% of pre-buff damage.

Overall they still seem to be trying to weaken weapons vs PVE as a whole, which seems a bit odd when you can get small arms and a burn on the same nightfall, and cut through it like butter doing 6X damage trivializing it.

I guess in the end they cant just always buff like people want, or TTK gets too short, like people are complaining it is right now in PVP with a "insta kill" meta.

Probably the only nerf I'm solidly disliking is Ice Breaker. But I hardly use Ice Breaker anymore. Although since I acquired my legendary all burn launchers, I have been using IB again for some shits and giggles.

I guess Gally getting nerfed in 2.0 suggests old exotics stay viable? So we'll be able to ascend exotics to the new cap?

Gally does about 2X damage as other launchers supposedly, so lets say they nerf it to 1.4X or 1.6X, that's still a pretty important weapon. Hopefully now just other exotics become more viable. Dunno how people think all thorn makes PVP stale but all Gally is ok for PVE.

Honestly I can think of precious few instances where nerfed Gally makes a make or break difference. The only real one is now you wont be able to burn skolas from 1/3>0. Crota never really needed Gally's power to bring down to his knee anyway. 2 or even 1 Gally's was more than enough. And now that we're same level, even more so. I guess it will add up overall, you will just have to kill all bosses slower.

One thing I dont like is how they really blew away Last Word, but seemingly nerfed Thorn much less, even though Thorn is way more used than TLW anyway. Doesn't make sense.

Oh well gonna try to kill Skolas for the 3rd time this week. Skoly is such an incredible time sink...but really the only loot I still want is stuff like a void scout or a solar hand cannon, so, that's why I'm mostly doing skoly these days.

I mentioned how I dont do Crotas End anymore to a raid team and they kinda giggled like oh isn't this guy high and mighty. But really, I'm a year one player, I already have EVERYTHING I want from old raids. I already have EVERY exotic I want except Bones of Eao. Other than that, NOTHING Xur sells can excite me.

Last edited:
@Rangers but bungee nerf fusion rifle AGAIN.

its crazy. Fusion rifle is still my fave weapon but if they nerf it'd bullet travel speed even more as they stated...

This:

I remember a GDC talk by Blizzard’s Rob Pardo where he outlined a concept any MMO designer should be familiar with. “Always balance up,” he said, talking about both World of Warcraft and Diablo 2 (this was a while ago). If you find something in your game that feels overpowered, that’s good. Players will enjoy it. The solution is never to remove that feeling of power, but to power up other things in the game to meet it. When you weaken your most fun tools, you push everything into a mushy middle. Better to explode everything out into weird and new directions by enabling the players.

So if the problem was that players spent an inordinate amount of time with a few overpowered guns, the solution is to give us more overpowered guns to choose from. Or you can make new enemies and game modes that thwart an exotic gun’s special abilities in interesting ways (read: something besides just having a ton of hitpoints). It is, you could say, a balancing act. But it’s one where it’s a lot harder to mess up by enabling players instead of hobbling them.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidth...nd-thorn-is-the-exact-wrong-move-for-destiny/
You never ever nerf a hard earned gun in a grindy game. It makes the player slap you in the face. What is th epoint of the whole grind if you are just gonna change the reward earned with my sweat and blood ? YOu never change the weapon, you add alternatives or tougher encounters.

Well, GHorm don't have a strong nerf, you're really sensible on this, got always the best tracking, submunitions tracking, it's the only one that got this, so thinks who made GHorm "AAAAmaZiiiiinnng" not nerf!!! And keep his hidden perks. So little decreased of submunitions impact, it's not so important. And people with some weapons balancing knowledges always thinking that nerf of Ghorm coming, on Gamersyde french side , we always speaking about when and how from the start. ;)
For the rest, good, need probably some test time and some mod after, but a good base. Only play time can tell us if it's a interested balanced move or not, no speculations on the net. ;)
And yes, probably change, a little, my play style on PvE, but not on PvP. Already kill with MIDA!! After patch sometime I'm using Hardlight for the Fun. ^^

Back