The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt revealed

I dont get gwent afaik the strategy is put down the highest cards you have ?
i dont understand what all the seige/melee/range stuff is about

The goal is to get more points than your opponent. One way to win is to put down cards with more points but this won't work on all but the lowest level opponents.

There are the "hero" cards that give you some extra (double power of all your cards in seige, melee or range), remove weather effects, give extra cards etc. At the same time there are the weather cards and other cards you can use that affect seige, melee or range cards. For example if your opponent puts down many high point siege cards and you can't match that, you could use one of the weather cards that sets all the seige cards on your opponent row and your row to 1.

So there is some tactics involved.

I'm pretty damn good with my Nilfgard and Northern Realms decks. My Monster and Scoioyuaghtel decks could use some help.

It must be cause Steam just prompted me to download 5.1GB. I'm currently in a hotel with 100KBps WiFi, so I'm now downloading it over my LTE hotspot at 500KBps :cry:. At least those are big Bs and not little ones.

Thought I'd just disable updates in steam and wait until I get back from my business trip to see if its worth updating or not. Guess steam no longer allows you to disable updates :')

Thought I'd just disable updates in steam and wait until I get back from my business trip to see if its worth updating or not. Guess steam no longer allows you to disable updates :')

GOG Galaxy let's you disable updates and rollback if you didn't like the newest update.

Polish video game 'The Witcher' enchants world

"The Witcher" is the brainchild of Warsaw-based CD Project Red, one of a growing number of cutting-edge Polish IT firms out to dominate global gaming.

It sold four million copies of the game worldwide at 60 euros ($67) a piece in the couple of weeks after its May release. The earlier two instalments in the Witcher series have sold some eight million copies since hitting the market in 2007 and 2011.

"The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is one of the best games ever made," said website Gamespot of the game that is the top seller in most of the 109 countries where it was released.
The country's video-game industry is one of the biggest in Europe, according to Daniel Sadowski, cofounder of the Nitreal Games studio and an instructor at the Polish-Japanese Academy of Information Technology.

"There are around 500 independent video game studios in Poland, compared to maybe around a dozen in Germany. Every year around 100 Polish games hit the global market," he said.
http://news.yahoo.com/polish-video-game-witcher-enchants-world-053149078.html

I think I've played close to 7h today and haven't seen anything weird. Works like a charm :) and the mutagen bug is fixed. Schooled everybody in the high stakes Gwent tournament. :)

bloody patch 1.07.

- it suddenly make my character overweight but only triggered after fast travel
- stutter everywhere

other than those, 1.07 is an improvement for lots of things (draw distance, movement, etc)

Yes the new movement mode is so much better I can't believe how messed up it was before. Definitely the most welcome improvement in the patch and I didn't even really notice how bad it was until I activated it.

1.07 is much better, improved use of HBAO+ and improved lighting (they are using the cutscene lighting in-game now yay :D ) are my favorites.

Some comparison shots:

No AO
witcher32015-07-2010-vnron.png

SSAO
witcher32015-07-2010-5bom1.png

HBAO+
witcher32015-07-2010-x4oyv.png

HBAO+ is a must

Nvidia Hairoworks High Preset
witcher32015-07-2010-e4oc8.png

Nvidia Hairoworks Low Preset
witcher32015-07-2010-osp4z.png

Personally i run the low preset with 8xAA, best result visually and performance wise, the high preset has aliasing even with 4xAA and to run it at 8xAA you need a Tx or two. I also run everything else maxed with shadows and foliage distance on high to get an almost locked 60 on a single 970.

I saw them pretty easily. Look at the rocks on the ground for the most obvious places.

If you need to make it easier, right-click on and open in new tab on each image then flick between them.

Yeah fairly significant differences between them, that HBAO+ is very sexy.

I'm missing a bunch of basic alchemy diagrams, but I have their enhanced/superior counterparts. Are the locations of the basic diagrams random? I need to compile a list of which ones I'm missing, exactly.

If posting big images, can you guys please thumbnail them? I'm currently having to use my hotspot so going to this thread actually costs me money now :(

Back