Rys

Graphics @ AMD
Veteran
Supporter
As part of work I'm doing to the forums to integrate support for @Arwin's Tech In Games website, to bring information from it to threads at Beyond3D, the forum software now supports keyword tagging for threads.

Thread starters can choose tags for that thread at thread start time, Regular, Veteran and Legend usergroups are able to edit tags afterwards to fix mistakes, and the moderation team are also able to add tags to existing threads after the fact.

There's also a tag cloud in the sidebar in the top-level forum view, so you can see which tags are being used, and there's a top-level tags page where you can view them all and search through them.

I'm investigating resurrecting existing tags that were added using the old forum software, but I'm not quite there yet (and it might not happen for a long time either, there are other priorities to get to first).

So feel free to tag new threads, get the moderation team to tag existing threads for you if you find the functionality useful, and report bugs or problems in this thread. The tag functionality will be part of the backbone of some planned future changes, especially the Tech In Games integration, so try and get into the habit of using it if you can, with new threads.

Is it possible for vetrans (something non-admin-ish) to add tags to a thread that doesn't have them? I only today stumbled into your tag cloud (and laughed at the "very tag" and "you're it!") and decided to check them out -- and thus landed on your thread here.

I decided I'd be a good patron and go tag a few things that I knew A: ought to be tagged and B: weren't. It looks like I can only edit existing tags though, I can't add tags where there are none. My example: the 980Ti reviews thread. I was going to toss in a few obvious ones, like 980Ti, geforce, Nvidia, review, fanboy, ludicrous speed, gone to plaid, etc... It looks like I cannot :(

(Ok, maybe a few of those tags I wasn't really going to put in... ;) )

The moderators can add new tags to threads, and the original plan was folks could just post a thread link and some new tags to be added and me and the moderation team would pick up the requests and action them. I'd not adverse to opening that up to Veteran rank users as well. Let me discuss with the moderation team and see what we think, and then I'll get back to you.

Also, LOL.

Nice! I see you enabled the "Edit Tags" feature for threads that do not start with tags. Just for giggles I added a few to your "Rys Smash" tag on the Fury X recovery attempt, and I also added three brand new tags to the otherwise un-tagged 980 Ti reviews thread. Both accepted my edits without error!

Yay, I can now go tag things when I'm bored. :D

Very eagle eyed! I turned on tag editing for Veteran and Legend members about 20 minutes ago, so those of you in those user tiers can help the moderation team add, edit and clean up tags on threads.

Back