Kinect Games

Sadly, not very new as just another dance game. Also looks pretty hard if there's no tutorial to learn the moves ahead of having to make them! The only guide seems to be a little scrolling indication on the bottom right.
That doesnt look easy, from my experience playing games on the original Kinect, like Dance Central or Zumba. The easiest song seems to be one of the most catchy in the video, imo, the one where you see a girl dancing in red tracksuit bottoms.

New Kinect game: Squid Hero. This one seems to be more fun than the average Kinect crap of hell game.

I would play this....with all the window shades drawn and nobody in the house....maybe.
This one looks fun, actually. Do you have a ninja costume? Beyond3D was once full of ninjas.

The game kinda reminds me of Spiderman on mobile phones, although it looks better, more fun. Btw, thanks for all the Diablo 3 gifts. There was a great selection of items in the stuff you sent me. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hope this one gets dubbed in my language, which is only spoken by 2 million people

13_PW-screenshot.png

That was IMO always Kinect's great ability in the end - 3D scanning. I think it could have been used awesomely, although a game around the concept (maybe something like Lemmings with holes where you have to run around the house and find objects that'd fit?!) might have been a one-trick-pony. I suppose that's found its way into Hololens and future MR.

MS is very bad at interpreting their numbers imo.
This is another case of that.
I don't think the motion control games was no longer relevant, I just think it was for the casual gamer not hardcore.
At the start of the gen, when console is expensive, the people buying them wasn't the audience that are interested in it, it's a different audiance than the end of the x360.

The 1S is nearly $200, if they could sell the Kinect for less than $150 close to $100. It would probably sell ok, If it had a couple casual games to support it.

MS should have the 1X for the ultra hardcore, and Kinect for the ultra casual. It would take them making a couple AA games themselves for it though. And get a marketing deal for a dancing game etc.
Could marketed it really well with mixer, 4 player co streams etc.

That was IMO always Kinect's great ability in the end - 3D scanning. I think it could have been used awesomely, although a game around the concept (maybe something like Lemmings with holes where you have to run around the house and find objects that'd fit?!) might have been a one-trick-pony. I suppose that's found its way into Hololens and future MR.

I've tried professional 3d scanners and Kinect as a 3d scanner with different software. To not be unfounded, Here's the software I have used:

Microsoft 3D Scan

Kinect Fusion

Skanect

Artec Studio
http://skanect.occipital.com/
I couldn't find any notable difference in quality of scans performed by Kinect with all this software. The last one performed better fusion, but it's a professional expensive software. By the way Kinect performs rather poor quality, so my opinion is that it can be used only as a bullet for future preprocessing. Just to get the general shape.

Is that the original Kinect or the Kinect One?

Back