Diablo 3 - Gamepad Edition

No worries on the advice guys. I probably would've stopped playing this game shortly after campaign if it wasn't for the posters/advice here. Now, I play the game daily in hopes of getting better gear/upping paragon levels.

While on it, what do you think about having a poison damage gem socketed onto the amulet. Right now it gives 2000% weapon damage on hit for 10 seconds in addition to my shock pulse (primary damage). I believe that was without any upgrades in rank which would up the damage potential.

I'm now up to Torment V in Greater Grift 21/22 solo with maybe a couple of deaths mostly due to getting trapped.

For wizards in general, typical gems used would be Bane of the Trapped, Toxin gem (poison) and Zeis.

The game is full of cheaters on consoles now. :( I indirectly cheated because of that once. I don't know how they do it, but 1000+ Paragon level characters are more common for me than "normal" characters.

Even guys who seemed to play with normal characters now have cheated characters. I have a friend who I liked to play with the other day, and his only problem is that he had a 358 Paragon level Crusader which was quite mediocre, dealing around 2 million to 3 million damage at that Paragon level. I sent him some messages on that regard.

I played with him today again, and he was a level 1904 Paragon and increasing a level in a matter of minutes -he got up to Paragon level 1910 in like 10 minutes that I played coop with him. His character was kinda mediocre and now he attacks incredibly fast and performs skill I had never seen on a Crusader.

The other day, something similar happened. I was playing with a guy who had a Barbarian, Paragon level 195. He had a hard time surviving sometimes but he was doing okay. Now a couple of hours afterwards I played with him on my team of coop players again.

He was about the same Paragon level, but he survived everything and his attacks were so fast that you couldn't almost see them. This is getting out of hand and when I find a tweaked character I usually leave those games early, it's so boring, there is no sense of danger.

I thought you were aware of this? I'm pretty sure I said many months ago to be careful of who you play with because you can easily cheat indirectly by playing with someone with a boosted character.

I recall some time back someone on my friends list who was supposedly a legit player asking me if I wanted to help farm level 60 grift keys... this was when the highest group clear on PC was 60.... I was like dude how is it possible you can farm lvl 60 keys when the highest group clear on PC is 61 lol.

Anyways, due to cheaters I rarely ever play with high level players. I rather play with a low lvl paragon who I know hasnt cheated.

It's why I set my network invite settings to people on my friends list only. I did level up a bit playing with Cyan, but that was before he encountered the cheaters online.

I guess I don't get the point of it. Today, I got to about level 186 or so. I'm still struggling to get some of the items you all advised about, but feel good about it. I'm looking forward to hitting that magic 200.

Edit: I finally ranked up my Toxin and Hoarder legendary gems past 25. I noticed, that I haven't picked up any new legendary gems. I guess there is only a few of them out there.

Is there a Royal Ring of Granduer with sockets?
Also, if I equip my helper with legendary gems items, does it still work for them as well? I only ever really use the Enchantress---I guess I just dig the female avatars.

I thought you were aware of this? I'm pretty sure I said many months ago to be careful of who you play with because you can easily cheat indirectly by playing with someone with a boosted character.

I recall some time back someone on my friends list who was supposedly a legit player asking me if I wanted to help farm level 60 grift keys... this was when the highest group clear on PC was 60.... I was like dude how is it possible you can farm lvl 60 keys when the highest group clear on PC is 61 lol.

Anyways, due to cheaters I rarely ever play with high level players. I rather play with a low lvl paragon who I know hasnt cheated.
Doesn't that mean that you are limiting yourself? It's not easy to discern a legitimate player from an cheater, especially from Paragon level 200 to 500. More than that are mostly cheaters. How they do it remains a mystery to me, because I thought it was a Xbox thing, but no, PS4 version suffers from the same problem.
It's why I set my network invite settings to people on my friends list only. I did level up a bit playing with Cyan, but that was before he encountered the cheaters online.

I guess I don't get the point of it. Today, I got to about level 186 or so. I'm still struggling to get some of the items you all advised about, but feel good about it. I'm looking forward to hitting that magic 200.

Edit: I finally ranked up my Toxin and Hoarder legendary gems past 25. I noticed, that I haven't picked up any new legendary gems. I guess there is only a few of them out there.

Also, if I equip my helper with legendary gems items, does it still work for them as well? I only ever really use the Enchantress---I guess I just dig the female avatars.
The gems you have found are probably it. But it depends on the number of times you completed a Greater Rift. Legendary gems don't drop for me anymore -a couple of them are repeated in my case-.

I have one in my stash that I don't use if you want it. It's quite good and my main ring ever since I found it til recently when I switched to a set ring because I found the entire NAtalya set. It add 608 dexterity, so you might like to transmog it --don't remember if I modified it already, so I gotta check.

What I miss is the rainbow treasure goblins opening portals to Whimsyshire? Or the ones opening portals to The Vault. :(

They were quite common when the big patch was published but banished ever since.

If you have gems in your stash, those gems will not drop for you again until you remove them from your stash and put it in the inventory of another character.

RROG always rolls with main stat, attack speed and LOH. Legendary gems won't work on followers.

Doesn't that mean that you are limiting yourself? It's not easy to discern a legitimate player from an cheater, especially from Paragon level 200 to 500. More than that are mostly cheaters. How they do it remains a mystery to me, because I thought it was a Xbox thing, but no, PS4 version suffers from the same problem.

Cheating is rampant on PS4 to the point that if you join a random game its guaranteed at least one person will have cheated somehow. The obvious signs are gear modded gear. Also inspect their gear. If they are decked out in all ancient gear and less than 800 paragon, I'd suspect cheating.

The thing that sucks is that you can cheat inadvertently by joining a game with someone with boosted paragon. Say you are low level paragon and you join a very high grift you will gain plvls stupid fast because of all the exp.

This is the one thing that makes me sad about D3 on consoles... I'll prolly go back to PC now that you can buy the steam controller separately. I do miss playing with other people, but I dont want to play with cheaters.

Cool thanks for the replies.
Cyan, I'm good. I think I probably do already have all the legendary gems.
I'm able to complete Greater Rifts 26-27 solo with maybe 2-3 deaths (sometimes none).

I'm still working on trying to get a few items to try the builds spewarGP2 mentioned---a little irked when no green items drop after defeating greater Rift bosses, but if it was too easy I probably would've lost interest by now. I'm looking forward to the new patch.

Cheating is rampant on PS4 to the point that if you join a random game its guaranteed at least one person will have cheated somehow. The obvious signs are gear modded gear. Also inspect their gear. If they are decked out in all ancient gear and less than 800 paragon, I'd suspect cheating.

The thing that sucks is that you can cheat inadvertently by joining a game with someone with boosted paragon. Say you are low level paragon and you join a very high grift you will gain plvls stupid fast because of all the exp.

This is the one thing that makes me sad about D3 on consoles... I'll prolly go back to PC now that you can buy the steam controller separately. I do miss playing with other people, but I dont want to play with cheaters.
How do they do it? It's not imported characters...

I feel bad and I am going to wipe everything out. I am not having fun now. Yes, my DH can't go past level 32 Greater Rifts, because at that level she dies in a single hit. I am not playing with cheaters anymore and slowly increasing my Paragon levels, but I got to level 438 Paragon level and more than 150 Paragon levels were gained playing with a cheater.

Torment VI is not much of a challenge. Torment III is a joke now.

The thing that I am going to miss the most is the Natalya's set that was so hard to come by. I am thinking about sending it or giving it away to @BadTB25 and asking him to bring them back to me via ordinary mail.

But most probably I will wipe everything out. I don't like Strafe at all, it looks very similar to the tornado like skill of the Barbarian and I prefer Chakram or Elemental Arrow, even Multishot and things like that. Those remind me of the Amazon in Diablo 2.

I will miss Natalya though :(

I feel bad and I am going to wipe everything out. I am not having fun now. Yes, my DH can't go past level 32 Greater Rifts, because at that level she dies in a single hit. I am not playing with cheaters anymore and slowly increasing my Paragon levels, but I got to level 438 Paragon level and more than 150 Paragon levels were gained playing with a cheater.

The thing that I am going to miss the most is the Natalya's set that was so hard to come by. I am thinking about sending it or giving it away to @BadTB25 and asking him to bring them back to me via ordinary mail.

But most probably I will wipe everything out. I don't like Strafe at all, it looks very similar to the tornado like skill of the Barbarian and I prefer Chakram or Elemental Arrow, even Multishot and things like that. Those remind me of the Amazon in Diablo 2.

I will miss Natalya though :(

Happy to help out, let me know what items they are so in PM I can store and send it back. I guess you'll have to delete the whole save file otherwise the Paragon level will just carry over.

It would be great if there was an option to save a totally new file with out the Paragon levels carrying over. That's a lot of time invested to have to redo----the only great thing is it won't take as long because of all the lessons you've learned.

Happy to help out, let me know what items they are so in PM I can store and send it back. I guess you'll have to delete the whole save file otherwise the Paragon level will just carry over.

It would be great if there was an option to save a totally new file with out the Paragon levels carrying over. That's a lot of time invested to have to redo----the only great thing is it won't take as long because of all the lessons you've learned.
Okay @BadTB25 I am going to send you my gear later tonight --it's almost night here in Europe so I will be in in an hour or less. Some Natalya items are going to be not so useful because of the switch from Strate to something else, but I like the archery style skills, and Strafe is not my favourite -looks like something else- despite its nice performance with crowd control, especially.

Okay @BadTB25 I am going to send you my gear later tonight --it's almost night here in Europe so I will be in in an hour or less. Some Natalya items are going to be not so useful because of the switch from Strate to something else, but I like the archery style skills, and Strafe is not my favourite -looks like something else- despite its nice performance with crowd control, especially.

No problem. Let me know when you want me to send them back. I assume it'll be after you wipe your save and then create a new game.

The obvious signs are gear modded gear. Also inspect their gear. If they are decked out in all ancient gear and less than 800 paragon, I'd suspect cheating.
Sorry for the newbie question. But... how do you check other people's gear? I don't know how to trade either. I don't see the option on consoles.

In regards to ancient stuff, I only have an ancient item -but found 2 or 3 legendaries that were ancient items, thought not useful for my DH-. It is an ancient Natalya's Set item that I got from Kadala -I think Kadala can drop ancient items-.

No problem. Let me know when you want me to send them back. I assume it'll be after you wipe your save and then create a new game.
hope that wiping out everything works as intended. I don't want to lose my characters and restart a new one to find out that they have my current Paragon level, if so it would be all in vain.

I'd guess you'd also have to delete your cloud save as well to ensure it is wiped out.
I'll create a new DH to mule your items.

Geezus, is it really that bad of a feeling that you'd flush all that time spent? It's pretty clear to people who read your posts that you never willingly or purposefully cheated.

There's lots of ways to cheat. As mentioned before its with modded gear. You can check when you open your inventory go to the party tab. Cheaters have stuff like gear with multiple sockets, maxed out stats etc. AFAIK only pre 2.0 gear can be modded. Another way is boosted paragon, which you've indirectly done. Of course, there's duping.

That sucks... I know players that have done that... I dunno... I dont think you need to wipe. Its only 150 paragon which isnt a lot. Maybe a week of playing. You didnt receive any modded gear so imo you're still clean in my book lol. Oh, and DH is naturally squishy. One hit deaths are pretty common for DH lol

Thats why we're getting Torment X in 2.3 ;-)

Geezus, is it really that bad of a feeling that you'd flush all that time spent? It's pretty clear to people who read your posts that you never willingly or purposefully cheated.
I'd reset mine. It's not that I'd be worried about what other people thought - I couldn't care less. It's that feeling of ownership over your progression, which is a very important hook in games like D3. When you're kicking ass and crawling up the difficulty levels you want that sense of pride in what you've accomplished.

The other aspect is that if you look at the success of seasons on PC, many people actually prefer to start over from the beginning periodically. There's fun to be revisited when you're not min/maxing and each item drop could be a major buff.

The most fun had in these games IMO is in the beginning when you're low level and every bit of gear could be valuable. Going from 4-5 dmg a hit to 7-8 is a significant increase. You only get that on the start of these loot-and-level games. After a while the numbers go up astronomically but the actual real-world difference is generally zilch. In real terms, your damage is measured in hits-to-kill-a-mob. Regardless of whether you're doing 10 damage or 10 million, if it takes three hits to kill a mob, it takes three hits. If a new bit of gear doesn't change that three hits to kill a mob, its bigger numbers don't mean much.

I suppose in D3's case it's the progression to levels that matters. Each item itself doesn't really change anything in the current playthrough, but it will up your numbers a little so at some point you reach a threshold value and can try the harder levels.

But the impact of treasure finding doesn't last that long. I was play D3 online with a buddy the other day (old and inferior and not patched or upgraded, wasted money version) and the loot part comes down to waiting for legendaries. All the other drops are worthless - one wonders why have them?

Back