The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt revealed

omg with that money i can buy motorcycle!

but then i realized i wont be able to ride roach in super widescreen using motorcycle :/

I've been looking at that monitor too. It has a decent price here too. I just really would like to have Gsync, but the Acer and Asus monitors that are coming are going to be way more expensive, So I think I just have to wait... I'm pretty happy with my Dell 2713HM.

That's my thinking too, 50% higher price for the one feature. And I doubt I'd buy anything from Acer, their build quality and customer service are both rated in the pits. I pulled the trigger on the 3415 yesterday, should arrive later this week.

I've been looking at that monitor too. It has a decent price here too. I just really would like to have Gsync, but the Acer and Asus monitors that are coming are going to be way more expensive, So I think I just have to wait... I'm pretty happy with my Dell 2713HM.

As for the game, I have put 37 hours into it so far and liking it very much. Very addicted to gwent, need some better cards though :)
I'm at level 14 and have done some of the Novigrad missions. The side missions are pretty well done and interesting. I'll try to push past 40h today :)

Damn, just had a look and the same monitor (Acer) with VESA adaptive sync instead of Gsync is 300 USD cheaper. It's basically the same price (slightly cheaper) as the Dell.

With all the adaptive sync monitors coming out, I'm going to be ditching Nvidia for AMD for my next video card. Unless Nvidia comes to their senses and offers support for adaptive sync. And I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Regards,
SB

Yes the premium on Gsync is very unfortunate, I hope it gets reduced. I am under the impression that Gsync currently does work somewhat better though. Wider Hz range and is better at the lower end of the range.
Also I don't think the Gsync version of that monitor is out for some time yet, so maybe little bit after release the price difference won't be as much.

Gsync is demonstrably better than freesync (quite a bit better IMO - Freesync fails miserably when FPS drops below the supported variable refresh rate), but I would still like NVIDIA to give us the option to use freesync. Then the market could decide if the gsync premium is worth it.

It's also been noted by quite a few reviewers that Gsync is only somewhat better in staged non-gaming scenarios. When used in games while actually playing the game, there is virtually no noticeable difference.

Regards,
SB

It's also been noted by quite a few reviewers that Gsync is only somewhat better in staged non-gaming scenarios. When used in games while actually playing the game, there is virtually no noticeable difference.

Regards,
SB

I played with the Acer 28" 4k panel last Nov for a few weeks and there is a difference between adaptive and the standard sync we're all used to using for so many years.

The Dell 3415 showed up today, didn't expect it until later this week at the earliest. We're having a chained series of thunderstorms right now, so not swapping it in until the storms pass (not tempting the gods to zap my brand new 34" display). I did turn it on long enough to set its input to DP.

no gog version
Gog.jpg

The Dell 3415 showed up today, didn't expect it until later this week at the earliest. We're having a chained series of thunderstorms right now, so not swapping it in until the storms pass (not tempting the gods to zap my brand new 34" display). I did turn it on long enough to set its input to DP.

Looking forward to hearing your impressions about it!

A part of me is drooling about a 40" curved 4k TV from Samsung. It would allow pretty nice size 21:9 image if I wanted that and would be great in 16:9 content as well, but I'm staying strong.

I finished main story line and all sidequests I found in only 139.5h I still have 47 question marks on my Skellige map to discover and some of them might be extra quests but most will be treasure or monster hunts.

And to think I bought 2nd R9 290X to play Witcher 3 at 60FPS and I finished this game before my new card arrived :/

Looking forward to hearing your impressions about it!

A part of me is drooling about a 40" curved 4k TV from Samsung. It would allow pretty nice size 21:9 image if I wanted that and would be great in 16:9 content as well, but I'm staying strong.

Early impressions are very good so far. Better colors than my old 30", no compatibility issues yet with the handful of games I've tested (I did have to Google to learn to set Diablo 3 to windowed fullscreen, ultra wide resolutions were not available in-game), very crisp text, better than my old 30". The curvature of the screen is very subtle, not sure if I'm at the ideal distance from it yet, but it does seem to help draw the far edges to my peripheral attention. Witcher 3 is absolutely f*cking gorgeous, even my wife who hasn't played an electronic game since Centipede or Ms Pac-man thought it looked good, particularly the new ratio.

No ISP bleed in the corners, so I think I might've gotten very lucky. I wish I had hardware to test uniformity but to my naked eye I don't see areas with enough variance to stand out. No stuck/dead pixels either (knock on wood). The lag that's reported on this unit I don't notice yet in games, but I do in Windows. Lots of grey on the sides of FB in Firefox and if I pop the Control Panel open with its white background I can just barely catch the transition of the pixels going from grey to white. That's a first for me with any display I've ever owned, but like I said it's just barely on the edge of me being able to spot it.

I'm at the werewolf mission. It's been a long time since I played something as hateful as this POS. No room? Check. Complete darkness? Check (screw devs that expect me to play in a dark room with the brightness turned up just to get half a clue where I'm walking) getting stuck on everything? Check. Enemy that regains health faster than you can slash it off? Check.

I'm at the werewolf mission. It's been a long time since I played something as hateful as this POS. No room? Check. Complete darkness? Check (screw devs that expect me to play in a dark room with the brightness turned up just to get half a clue where I'm walking) getting stuck on everything? Check. Enemy that regains health faster than you can slash it off? Check.
Cat potion...

what werewolf mission is that?

i have meet multiple of them and none is pitch black darkness. Its always bright enough (Destiny Abyss is much darker).

Hmm I wonder what is taking so long for the 1.07 patch to come out on PC... Only recently noticed the mutagen bug in the game. Every time a loading screen comes up you lose the bonus from the mutagens unless you take them off and re-socket them. The game doesn't nullify the mutagen granted bonus on the skills, but the mutagen part itself doesn't get counted. It's weird that a bug like that is still in the game, but I've read it should be fixed with the 1.07.

My Gwent decks are pretty strong now :) I have a little over 55h played so far and I'm still in Novigrad, will head to Skellige soon.

Back