Catalyst 15.7 released (Win10)

Kaotik

Drunk Member
Legend
Supporter
The drivers are now officially out, for Win 7, 8.1 and 10

The AMD Catalyst™ Software Suite, AMD Catalyst™ 15.7 contains the following: AMD Catalyst™ Display Driver version 15.20.1046

Compatible Operating Systems: Windows® 10 (32 & 64-bit), Windows® 8.1 (32 & 64-bit) and Windows® 7 SP1 or higher (32 & 64-bit)

Included Highlights: Visit the Features section below to learn more about the following:

• Windows® 10 Technical Preview Support
  • Virtual Super Resolution (VSR) (All GCN Radeons supported)
  • Frame Rate Target Control™ (FRTC) (All GCN Radeons supported)
  • Performance Optimizations versus AMD Catalyst™ Omega
  • AMD FreeSync™ and AMD CrossFire™ Support
  • AMD CrossFire™ Profile Enhancements for the following games:
    • Battlefield: Hardline
    • Evolve
    • Far Cry® 4
    • Lords of the Fallen
    • Project CARS
    • Total War: Attila
    • Alien: Isolation™
    • Assassin's Creed® Unity
    • Civilization®: Beyond Earth™
    • FIFA 2015
    • GRID Autosport
    • Ryse: Son of Rome
    • Talos Principle
    • The Crew
    • Grand Theft Auto V
    • Dying Light
    • The Witcher® 3: Wild Hunt

Am looking forward to Frame Rate Target Control.
Its a really good idea, one of those things that should have been around forever but for some reason never existed until recently (the NV one is fairly new too right?)

NV has had the feature for a couple years. I tried it back when I still played Team Fortress 2, but enabling it when playing that game still caused that awful source engine mouse lag you get whenever you enable vsynch. It seems source has some kind of built-in lag (possibly caused by multiple buffers being rendered in strict rotation or somesuch) that only disappears if the framerate is allowed to run rampant.

Seemingly, I cannot find something like Frame Rate Targets in the Nvidia driver. Care to point me in the right direction?

I only tried FRTC in counterstrike GO and it doesnt seem to work. I capped it to 75 fps and i can see that the game is running over 200fps (using the Steams builtin FPS counter). Tested on r9 290 (win 8.1).

VSR is also useless for 21:9 monitors. I can only see 16:9 resolutions.

Seemingly, I cannot find something like Frame Rate Targets in the Nvidia driver. Care to point me in the right direction?
If using Nvidia Inspector they expose changing Frame Rate Targets either by frames or temperature, and default setting is off.

I only tried FRTC in counterstrike GO and it doesnt seem to work. I capped it to 75 fps and i can see that the game is running over 200fps (using the Steams builtin FPS counter). Tested on r9 290 (win 8.1).

What videocard do you own?

Are the VSR resolutions for non-GCN3 GPUs still very limited?

-___- this driver cant be downloaded for me. Keep giving corrupted package.

is there a torrent of it?

@ToTTenTranz vsr and frame caps is limited to GCN 1.2 and newer right?

my GCN 1.0 (HD 7770) did not support those features according to AMD website

If using Nvidia Inspector they expose changing Frame Rate Targets either by frames or temperature, and default setting is off.
I was under the impression that is something entirely different than offering direct control in the driver.

I was under the impression that is something entirely different than offering direct control in the driver.
I think NV added capability back in 2012 (R300 drivers); can also use PrecisionX or Afterburner tools.

Last edited:
Some more info:
The new 15.7 drivers are compatible with all of AMD's graphics cards ' except legacy products ' it also enables CrossfireX compatibility between 300 and 200 series graphics cards based on GCN GPUs that feature identical configurations ( identical GCN core counts, texture units, ROPs etc ). For example the R9 380 should now be compatible with the R9 285, the R7 370 with the R7 265 and the R9 390 series with the R9 290 series. The differences in GPU core and VRAM clock speeds may produce varying results however.

I think NV added capability back in 2012 (R300 drivers); can also use PrecisionX or Afterburner tools.
I saw that option, but I was alluding to it being available in the driver without the help of third party tools. :)

Nope, they VSR was limited to GCN1.1 and 1.2. FRTC is new for all GPUs, I think.

It supposedly does support VSR now, just not with all resolutions.
Officially, HD 7790 and (numerically) up. I tried 7770, and it did not work (as expected according to the AMD website). Tried HD 7850, which should work - and it didn't.

I installed Win10 on my aging Lenovo Y460 on July 3rd. My laptop also has the switchable Intel + Radeon 5650m graphics setup.

And I'll be damned if the I didn't get Catalyst Control Center and all the switchable functions straight away from Windows Update. The surprising part for me is the "native" support for the 5650m and also all the switchable graphics crap.

I've been playing games with it; performance seems quite good. The AMD GPU tool doesn't appear to work on Win10, but MSI Afterburner does.

I think it dont work on DX9 games.

As for VSR, i got the option, but cant test in games yet, a i have no one installed right now.

Back