Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

This weeks POE 32 is fun, last boss feels like a raid boss simply because you don't just pound him but have to stick together and play together to get him !
Got another Queens Scout rifle, I laughed so hard that gun is what I keep getting from the chest. Its the bane of POE for me :p

Yeah all the Queens guns are basically useless. Weapon parts.

Maybe it was just a few unfortunate chance wipes but POE32 was the most challenging I can remember this week. Rarely wipe on POE 32.

Got the arc pulse rifle from another skolas clear. Pretty disappointing again, but ah well. I want a void scout or maybe solar hand cannon, or arc scout, or void pulse.

Bought another Exodus plan from Dead Orbit and reforged both of mine to have tracking to be my non-exotic backup PVE RL's. One void and one solar. Just need arc now...

I had a good spell in crucible with last word and started to like it. It fires so fast. But, it was short lived. After a while I felt like I would lose any straight up engagement with my primary due to being at a big disadvantage, I found myself just kept trying to use rockets, super, shotgun. For now I still FAR prefer Red Death. Going to keep plugging away I guess to try to make TLW work for me, but I just am not good at sniping with hand cannons it seems. They say TLW has too much range, but that's another thing, at anything besides short range I hate TLW compared to Red Death, and dont even want to engage anybody at longer ranges. One thing I learned is if you use quickdraw on hunter it helps a lot, that and gloves with hand cannon reload, it's fun to try to just keep stacking the deck in your favor. At least my K/D is about to tick over .5, it's .49. Currently I dont feel like I can consistently run over 1:1, so something like .7 or .8 is probably my current ceiling.

And Destiny is down for scheduled maintenance. Supposedly 8 hours, wonder if it will really take that long.

Last edited:
Yay my video made into Bungie's Destiny Year One celebration video. Too bad my names are blurred and not included in the credits. Ouch

@Orangepelupa: which part is yours :)?

Wow, sure reminded me how fun it all was shooting your super for the first time in MP ! I used to save videos and share on FB :) ! To be frank, its still fun , just needs more additions regularly. I think Warframe does a much better job of it and it does all for free.
Destiny is wonderful and everything, though offers very little storage space, I think what they need to do is regular special events. Even small missions which change things, like Fallen are taking over cosmodrome , defend it , events lasts till Monday evening. Or hunt a special target amidst a massive firefight between hive and fallen on earth.
Or fight alongside cabal in taking over an area from Vex....some guardian can choose to take Vex side... Events lasts for few hours !

That, IMO, is what is needed. After all what's the point of a game running on servers if we can't have fresh events regularly? But Bungie doesn't seem to thave that in their plans. All they want is paid fixed event dlcs.

Reactions: NRP
The queens sniper rifle is arguably the best sniper you can get in HoW. Other than that, the queen's weapons aren't very good.

Last edited:
thats nice!
it also took lots effort too (organizing the fireteam)

thats the main reason most of my video are "forever alone" videos, no other teammates. Orginizing it just too hard.

btw theres also nice destiny video where 6 people do "lightshows" using various gun. Its super awesome and i think its not in the Destiny year One.

thats nice!
it also took lots effort too (organizing the fireteam)

thats the main reason most of my video are "forever alone" videos, no other teammates. Orginizing it just too hard.

btw theres also nice destiny video where 6 people do "lightshows" using various gun. Its super awesome and i think its not in the Destiny year One.
there's a snippet of that n the year one video, people firing elemental guns for laser light streaks. SUpercool !

Yeah all the Queens guns are basically useless. Weapon parts.

Maybe it was just a few unfortunate chance wipes but POE32 was the most challenging I can remember this week. Rarely wipe on POE 32.

Got the arc pulse rifle from another skolas clear. Pretty disappointing again, but ah well. I want a void scout or maybe solar hand cannon, or arc scout, or void pulse.

Bought another Exodus plan from Dead Orbit and reforged both of mine to have tracking to be my non-exotic backup PVE RL's. One void and one solar. Just need arc now...

I had a good spell in crucible with last word and started to like it. It fires so fast. But, it was short lived. After a while I felt like I would lose any straight up engagement with my primary due to being at a big disadvantage, I found myself just kept trying to use rockets, super, shotgun. For now I still FAR prefer Red Death. Going to keep plugging away I guess to try to make TLW work for me, but I just am not good at sniping with hand cannons it seems. They say TLW has too much range, but that's another thing, at anything besides short range I hate TLW compared to Red Death, and dont even want to engage anybody at longer ranges. One thing I learned is if you use quickdraw on hunter it helps a lot, that and gloves with hand cannon reload, it's fun to try to just keep stacking the deck in your favor. At least my K/D is about to tick over .5, it's .49. Currently I dont feel like I can consistently run over 1:1, so something like .7 or .8 is probably my current ceiling.

And Destiny is down for scheduled maintenance. Supposedly 8 hours, wonder if it will really take that long.
Actually Her benevolence the sniper rifle is one of the best of the HoW sniper rifles. So they all aren't garbage.
Also wolves bane the machine gun is a damned beast as well.

If you have a good Against All Odds, Jolder's Hammer(50/150) or Deviant Gravity(60/180) why even bother with Wolves Bane? I'll even keep 2 Harm's Ways with Field Scout and 100/300 ammo before that Wolves Bane with 23/81(?).

The new weapon perk system makes most new weapons really unattractive.

If you have a good Against All Odds, Jolder's Hammer(50/150) or Deviant Gravity(60/180) why even bother with Wolves Bane? I'll even keep 2 Harm's Ways with Field Scout and 100/300 ammo before that Wolves Bane with 23/81(?).

Well as a matter of fact I do have a 365 Against All Odds that is my go to mg for my hunter. I also have a Jolders hammer too. The thing is I run multiple characters and I don't want to swap weapons constantly! My warlock has the Wolves bane and the BTRD which are just as good in almost all situations as my Against all odds and jolders hammer.

PS As far as HoW weapon perks go nothing has changed for Machine guns except for the lack of Field Scout. You can roll extended mag or casket mag on MGs. So in what way are HoW machine guns inferior to dark below versions? Also as far as old weapons having large mags. You will find 98% of machine guns with large mags have extremely low impact and a high fire rate. These type of MG's can not compete with Wolves bane or Holder's hammer. There is a reason they have all that ammo. You will miss a majority of precision shots with low impact high fire MG's and if you do hit your enemy it doesn't do very much damage at all. I would rather have a mg with 23 rounds that can take out 23 enemies with one shots as opposed to 100 rounds that will take out 30 enemies.

Last edited:

BTRD is another new beast machine gun (random crucible drop). Impact is a bit lower than jolder's/AAO/DG, but it has a really high base stability and a slightly higher fire rate. With the right perks, it can shoot a laser beam.

Last edited:
Well as a matter of fact I do have a 365 Against All Odds that is my go to mg for my hunter. I also have a Jolders hammer too. The thing is I run multiple characters and I don't want to swap weapons constantly! My warlock has the Wolves bane and the BTRD which are just as good in almost all situations as my Against all odds and jolders hammer.

PS As far as HoW weapon perks go nothing has changed for Machine guns except for the lack of Field Scout. You can roll extended mag or casket mag on MGs. So in what way are HoW machine guns inferior to dark below versions? Also as far as old weapons having large mags. You will find 98% of machine guns with large mags have extremely low impact and a high fire rate. These type of MG's can not compete with Wolves bane or Holder's hammer. There is a reason they have all that ammo. You will miss a majority of precision shots with low impact high fire MG's and if you do hit your enemy it doesn't do very much damage at all. I would rather have a mg with 23 rounds that can take out 23 enemies with one shots as opposed to 100 rounds that will take out 30 enemies.

Because Field Scout >>> Casket Mag as it has more ammo and doesn't affect stability.

I use Harm's Way in certain situations while the rest of the game I use the other mentioned heavy LMGs with 26-60 shots per mag than the 23 one.

One Solar Harm's Way has Field Scout and Perfect Balance. So I can shoot 300 bullets with Perfect Balance(with the perk switch trick) at a really high hit rate. It's a stream of perfect shots against Sepkis Prime for example. I also prefer to use the Void version when Ammo is tight like in the Nexus strike against the Minotaur on top.

Last edited:
Yeah I agree with Nis, Wolves Bane is ok/good, because I love those extremely low fire rate high impact MG's, but the TDB stuff like AAO and supposedly Jolders is way better if you had field scout on it. Even my 26 round non FS AAO feels a lot more powerful to me than my Wolves Bane which just feels crippled by it's incredibly low ammo count. I really wish I had gotten a AAO with FS.

As we've discussed it seems like there's a LOT of TDB weapons that are better than anything in HoW.

I've got a Her Benevolence but it's not better than any of my multiple TDB void snipers, including the Longbow Synthesis I dismantled. A lot of those have Firefly, Field Scout, much higher impact than most HoW snipers, etc. Her Benevolence is one of the few that's acceptable, as I think it's impact matches LDR and while it cant get field scout, firefly, or final round, it has an acceptable 4 in the mag.

But yeah I'm waiting on a BTRD, it's the best crucible LMG I guess.

Hmm, learned of a new skolas strat tonight, that I think may become the norm. You just always stay on the right platform. As terrible as it sounds, it actually makes the poison a lot less stressful, and probably avoids a lot of wipes from getting split up. Dying is no big deal here because you stay together, so while you will probably die decently often, it's ok, stay calm. Also, while skolas will bomb the shit out of you, it's important to note the huge advantage that he can NEVER come onto your platform. Also, work skolas down (except beginning and end) only with primary. You want to be certain to never spawn double waves of ads. Take care of all ads as soon as you see a wave come in, before touching skolas again. Again not gallying him, only primary, really helps you fine tune his health/ad waves down. For 1st mines, leave a warlock with res up (locks never use their res unless 1000% necessary so that it's up when needed) on the right plat with the poison, other two take off for other mines, using invis/etc. The key is the lock doesn't care when he dies from the poison, he just stand ready to self res and take out the mine whenever it pops. Other two come back from the other mines ASAP. You can burn him through the last set of mines as normal. Too be fair, the above precise method of mine disposal does require at least one warlock, but I'm sure you could handle the mines however while staying only on the right plat the rest of the time.

When I first read the strat on reddit I poo-pooed it, after all I couldn't imagine not using the tried and true rotating when under heavy pressure from skolas/ads, but after being sherpa-d through it, it definitely works, wouldn't be surprised if it becomes the standard way soon,

Last edited:
11 skolas clears now according to Destiny Tracker, including 3 this week. Two elemental primaries, both basically crappy, the Arc pulse and the Arc AR...

Neither is worth using over Fatebringer anyway.

I do like the right side strategy. After using it a while you realize rotating just confuses and complicates things, and introduces more risk. I think it probably helps with mines too, it helps me keep them straight in my head and helps that one spawns right there.

My last 3 skolas runs were with guys I play with often and we beat him in the first or second try each time by using the circle strategy. Got a flawless trials card and beat 32, 34 and 35 in like 3-3.5 hours with these guys. We're pretty coordinated though. I guess it would be a different story if I was with randoms.

Sure you can beat him with the circle strat, it's kind of a matter of luck either way...

As of now I just think right platform strategy is a bit superior.

I think you may suffer more team deaths on right plat, but it matters less because you're always together (excepting one mine round). IMO it's less stressful all around.

Then if you have a warlock, give him the poison on mines, others take off for the far ones to be in position. He can just die with the poison, giving everybody a bit of extra time, and self res whenever the right plat mine pops.

What does all that running gain you really? It puts skolas all out of position (on the right plat he never really strays far), makes passing the poison on the run dicier, and so on and so forth.

The other key IMO is to try to be careful not to spawn double ad waves. Try to work skolas down slow and not in big chunks. Then kill the ads, repeat.

I did have good luck with Judgments chance, got the Vex and Cabal helms before they've been sold. And one is an int roll the other disc/str

Last edited:
Back