Star Wars Battlefront [PS4, XO]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11852
  • Start date
Can we really expect these visuals to hold up? Or will there be another downgrade like their other game, The Division?

The E3 Demo was supposed to be 900P on PS4, so that should help. Maybe that will mean 720P on Xbox One like BF4 also? Only time will tell.

I would prefer a full fledged battlefield over this kind-of-casual game :-/ ! Other than the star wars skin/visual theme, I don't see anything to get excited for. I see everyone loves it so I stay quiet, but personally I have no interest in what has been shown. It seems GTAv'ish casual MP. Not for me.

A prequel setting would work better for a standard Battlefield-like game. There would be far more variety in weapons and vehicles.

I am surprised by their comments. The E3 PS4 trailer looked mighty impressive. Even the animations looked great

The E3 Demo was supposed to be 900P on PS4, so that should help. Maybe that will mean 720P on Xbox One like BF4 also? Only time will tell.

EA/DICE has been working on not just advancing their Frostbite 3 engine but also on the conceptualizing and choices for at least two or more years now...

Battlefield 4 was a near launch title on consoles and BFHardline was a similar but different concept.

Both the PS4 and the Xbone dev tools have seen major revisions when it comes to ram usage among other things and DICE is very tech ambitious/pushing as before they targeted CoD (for mindshare and sales) with a much more complex game.

I'm sure there's gonna be some little surprises but who knows.

Some people are saying the alpha sucked.. anyone on here play the alpha version and can give us a brief impressions?

E3 and allowing the public to play Alpha demos does not mean or equal internal play-testing.

I would not trust the opinions of show goers who usually are way too unawares they are having a short play with a non final product.

I would prefer a full fledged battlefield over this kind-of-casual game :-/ ! Other than the star wars skin/visual theme, I don't see anything to get excited for. I see everyone loves it so I stay quiet, but personally I have no interest in what has been shown. It seems GTAv'ish casual MP. Not for me.

Like I said...DICE (not defending or forgiving them) may be slightly targeting a
Different audience than the typical FPS or even Battlefield crowd because of the switching to first and third person perspective and the fact that the "Jedi/Sith/Boss" characters play different from the standard fare run of the mill battlefield or fps.

I am surprised by their comments. The E3 PS4 trailer looked mighty impressive. Even the animations looked great

I think it's endemic of the last couple generations with overly critical gamers...when I have read or watched a review I keep hearing the "the game should've had this or that...and it's only an..alpha demo.

There's still plenty of months before November...

Also I haven't seen them but 4k screenshots of the PC version were released and I just kept seeing lots of negative comments like "battlefield with star wars skin" like somehow the devs are doing a skin job mod from way back in the Quake III days.

I prefer to judge the retail release.

Also I went back to read the rumored comments that DICE employed devs wanted to require DX12 hardware and Windows 10...that is a dead give away of a higher watermark reach and if they do seriously attempt this, the Star Wars franchise is the best possible way to sell hardware because the underlying idea behind DX12 is using the hardware much more effectively.

Don't know, it almost looks like a re-skinned Battlefield to me. I have to play it to actually see if it's any different. With the recent shenanigans with unfinished games releasing (Battlefield 4 was one of them) gamers have every right to be cautious when it comes to new releases. You've probably seen this picture too, Battlefront players are laso not happy with how the game turned out

battlefront-features.jpg

Visuals wise looks way ahead of BF4 for sure.
yes, absolutely! I am surprised this is even debated. The game is to me the (or one of the) best looking game(s) of E32015...it looks amazing to me.

I have high hopes that this time, DICE manages to release a game that is working. This would be like icing on the cake :mrgreen:
unfortunately, will never happen...DICE are who they are....

yes, absolutely! I am surprised this is even debated. The game is to me the (or one of the) best looking game(s) of E32015...it looks amazing to me.

I have high hopes that this time, DICE manages to release a game that is working. This would be like icing on the cake :mrgreen:
unfortunately, will never happen...DICE are who they are....
It's how u look at them, to me they are the best MP creators of the world. Nothing matched BF in fun MP. Although I am not convinced with the casual-like nature of this one. DICE is good at BF.
BF4 mess was a EA's mistake as far as I see.

Yeah, while very nostalgic to be sure (they've done a fantastic job with sound and visuals), it's definitely not going to have the depth of BF.
Seems very casual to me, you can notice the large amount auto-aim from the gameplay footage too which does not bode well.

But hey, at least it means BF5 should be awesome with a further optimised version of this engine.

Don't know,lmost looks like a re-skinned Battlefield to me. I have to play it to actually see if it's any different. With the recent shenanigans with unfinished games releasing (Battlefield 4 was one of them) gamers have every right to be cautious when it comes to new releases probably seen this picture too, Battlefront players are laso not happy with how the game turned out

battlefront-features.jpg

That different developer made their first Battlefronts which didn't have space battles.

To me it looks like a reskinned battlefield, which was a reskinned battlefront. Reskinception !

Which looks like a reskinned Battlefield 1942 Which ddidn't have a real single player campaign

Visuals wise looks way ahead of BF4 for sure.

Ironically Battlefield 4 despite being a near launch game has graphics to take down Crysis 1/Warhead as PC vs Consoles.

Which these current gen consoles did.

I read the Digital Foundry article...they have valid points but again they mention analysing a pre-alpha build...

the consoles will have their version and the PC will hopefully require DX12 GPU and API and OS...which will eliminate inconsistency...

DICE may be all technical but they cannot make miracles...at this point i wouldnt be surprised if they rehired all former Factor 5 devs to specifically work on a Rouge Squadron reboot as single player campaings leaving Battlefronts to focus on online mode.

And people will still find something...

DICE is the perfect dev to make a MP game set in the Star Wars universe, provided they do proper QA before launch.

Feel like the graphics are getting less and less impressive from each showing, it just lacks the sheer density of polygons from some other current gen games despite some nice particle effects. I guess the lack of a traditional campaign structure really makes it look less cinematic and takes away a lot of the well choreographed set pieces.

Back