Diablo 3 - Gamepad Edition

Thread pays off! My stash is now up to 210 slots and I'm sure I could purchase more if needed. It's a loot hoarders dream come true.

@specwarGP2 I'm rocking the Tal Rasha source and pants. I have the amulet, but I am using something else that gives me life on hit. Don't have the belt or any other Tal Rasha items yet, but will keep a look out for them. I got a Royal Ring of Granduer from Cyan, but have it in my stash. Using a Negel Ring and ring with a legendary gem for now.

Hey congrats on finding the amulet. Its the hardest set piece to find. Hopefully it rolled well. All Tal's ammies roll with Vit and Crit damage and INT. Ideal stats on a Tals Amulet should be: INT, Socket, Crit Chance, Crit Damage.

For the Delsere set, I have the shoulders, helm, armor, legs and boots. So good to go there.

I'll try out the build you suggested once I get a Tal Rasha belt and will look to see if I can craft the Devastator (cool name).

What is the difference between utility and DPS? I've heard the term used, but don't really understand what it means. I play mostly solo with the occasionally sessions with Cyan.

Utility is stuff that doesnt directly add to your ability to kill stuff. Crown of Primus legendary power gives your slow time bubbles the effect of every rune (80% slow, stun, reduced damage, increased life regen, 15% damage bubble, ias bubble). Even though two runes are DPS runes, CoP is considered a utility item because of the additional utility effects are more useful rather than the DPS effects.

In a DelRasha build, once you have all the required pieces, you typically pick from 3 elective items, (TnT, meteor boots and Crown of Primus) CoP is the weakest of all 3 in terms of DPS - the reason why its picked is the additional utility of the slow time bubbles (if you want DPS, pick the most powerful item).

Edit: Decided to go with all the items you suggested and changed out the Negel ring for the Royal Ring of Granduer as well. I'm using 3 Tal Rasha and 3 Delsere items and Royal Ring of Granduer until I can get the rest. Already it's a huge improvement and very surprised at the Life regeneration because of a lot of the items I replace gave me a lot of Life on Hit points although it seems like my character is actually improved...weird. Other than that I have a 2 Sage set and a Blackthorne belt (don't have any other cool ones for now). VERY impressed so far.

With the RRoG, you have the Tal's 4 piece set bonus which increases your elemental resistance by 100% when you use a skill of that same element. That is why you feel tougher.

Some hints:

Almost all wizard skills have elemental damage. If you havent done so already, pick a 4 element rotation to maximize your dps.
Make sure you pick magic missle or shock pulse to reduce your slow time cooldown.
One of your skills should obviously be slow time!
You can pick the element of your slow time bubble, regardless of what the tooltip says as long as you have the 4 piece Delsere's bonus. Your bubbles will take on the element of your highest rolled element on gear. For example, if you have bracers with 15% cold damage, then your bubbles will deal cold damage. However if you have a devastator with 20% fire damage and 15% cold braces, your bubble will deal fire damage.
Timing is important! Each meteor type has an 8 sec cooldown. 6 piece Tal's bonus you build up stacks based on each element. Each stack is +150% damage and lasts 6 seconds before it expires. You can add another stack within the 6 seconds, and it will reset the duration, up to the maximum of 4 stack. After you build up 4 stacks, you have to start all over again. There is a status icon that shows you how many stacks you have built up.

Last edited:
Also need to find socketable jewellery man, have too many legendary stones lying around.

I am.guessing Rifts are the way to go? Or is there anything specific I can do to find it?

Well, you should try and level your legendary gems. They add a lot of damage. But you still need to gear up first. Check to see if you have the Piro Marella shield plan. If you do, I would build around that until you find Golden Flense. The sweep build wont work optimally without that weapon. Both are good builds, but sweep is better due to stun.

Agree. Inventory and stash(210) size already feel too low to me. I had to unload items to my Barbarian for now, even then I am completely overloaded. The actual reason for that is that I cannot tell what exactly is taking up space on my character!!! There's no way to get an overall view of the inventory. And I don't know if items have weight or if a puny gem occupies the same space as an armour piece!

I have no idea how I would manage at all once I level up my monk and Barbarian too. I want to start a Witch hunter too as I saw some very unique looking stuff happening with another player in my game today. I dread how I would manage items though......dismantle everything?

You have a total of 210 slots in your stash. Each item takes up one slot. Certain items are stackable. Gems, mats. They all take one slot each up until the max stack limit (I think its 5000).

What I do to manage stash space is to create multiple characters of the same class, one for each build. I have 4 wizards, 3 Demon hunters, 1 crusader and 1 witch doctor. That's the order of most played class and each character geared for a different build. Some builds are a lot more built out than others. I only keep gear in my stash for the characters I'm using at the moment. I typically have 30 - 50 slots free. But that really has more to do with the fact that most of my chars have high level gear and I know what upgrades I need, so I have no need to hoard stuff.

Legendary gems waste a lot of stash space. Keep only a single gem that you won't use... stuff like Moratorium that no one ever uses. That way it won't drop for any of your other chars.

@specwarGP2 My Tal Rasha amulet is:
+16% Lightning
+856 Int
+907 Vit
+76% Crit Hit Dmg
+74% Gold from monsters
+35,934 Life from Health potions/Globes

Sadly no socket---don't know if the above is great or just OK, but it seems powerful relative to the other stuff I have.

Thx for the advice, I'll keep a lookout for the other items you mentioned.

My char isn't quite ready for prime time yet. I played a co-op session with Cyan last night at Grift 29 (don't know what difficulty) and got wrecked. I was hoping to get closer to his level, but he just leapfrogged to 350+. I went from 109 to 121 yesterday, but at this rate, I don't see that happening anytime soon. I probably won't run into any other players as my session is set to Friends only.

BTW, thx again Cyan for dropping me a Tal Rasha helm.

My advice would be to roll off the vit for a socket so you can put a leg gem in that. Leg gems are OP. Doesn't make sense to run without them.

My advice would be to roll off the vit for a socket so you can put a leg gem in that. Leg gems are OP. Doesn't make sense to run without them.

I'm sorry I don't understand. What do you mean to roll of the vit?
I didn't know you could that? How?

You can change one of the stats (aka rerolling) at the enchanter. i.e to 'roll off' is to change a stat to something else.

Bear in mind though that once you pick a stat to reroll you may only reroll that particular stat again, but you can do this as many times as you like. It does cost some resources, which depend on the kind of item it is.

You can change one of the stats (aka rerolling) at the enchanter. i.e to 'roll off' is to change a stat to something else.

Bear in mind though that once you pick a stat to reroll you may only reroll that particular stat again, but you can do this as many times as you like. It does cost some resources, which depend on the kind of item it is.

Got it. So that's what she's for....lol. I thought it was only for changing your item appearance. I've trained her to the max that I can, but hardly used her. I agree the Vit trade for a socket slot would be ideal. Too bad legendary gems can only go on rings and amulets...right?

Fingers crossed to get this on the 1st few tries. Thx

So no one runs a Barbarian? John Reynolds on the PC forum said only real men run Barbarians (or something like that).

So no one runs a Barbarian? John Reynolds on the PC forum said only real men run Barbarians (or something like that).

Tried it, but it's not to my liking. Only played the class to 70, so there could be a lot more potential to the character. I may re-visit later, but I'm having way too much fun trying to get some uber-items for my wizard.

Also, this awesome Summer sale just added 3 more games to my backlog not to mention the new Predator release for MKX, although I've pretty much stopped playing that game. Predator may draw me back in.

NRP do you have the game for X1? If so, we can run some co-op. I think Cyan may be down as well.

Yeah, I have a Witch Doctor and a Barbarian. I'm not high level though (mid 30s as I recall), as I only played sporadically.

I really liked the game though. I see why Blizzard is considered a top tier dev.

Hey, does anybody know if you can update a non-Ultimate Evil Edition copy of the game to Ultimate Evil Edition? My mom and sister have a PS3 copy of the game.

Hey, does anybody know if you can update a non-Ultimate Evil Edition copy of the game to Ultimate Evil Edition? My mom and sister have a PS3 copy of the game.
If you have the PS4, PS3 save games can be ported from the PS3 version of the game -same with X360/X1), here is how:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-07-how-to-transfer-diablo-3-saves-to-ultimate-evil-edition

But upgrading the version...I don't think so, it's like an entirely new game on the PS3 and X360.

Yeah, I have a Witch Doctor and a Barbarian. I'm not high level though (mid 30s as I recall), as I only played sporadically.

I really liked the game though. I see why Blizzard is considered a top tier dev.

@NRP , I'd gladly play some coop games with you and @BadTB25 , and help you to increase your character's Paragon level.

@BadTB25 , I like the term "leapfrogged" :) , sounds fun. It was crazy

Below is a extract from the previous 2.2.0 patch beta notes, but I wonder...what are the set items you need to get your Demon Hunter look like that? I mean the first image to the left, in the second row of images, and ESPECIALLY, the 3rd image, with the blue collar and stuff. I want that badly.

UM2PYFJXL9RV1423871805949.jpg

Patch 2.2.0 is currently in development and coming soon to a Public Test Region near you! Here's a first look at some of the new content and changes you can expect to see and, of course, test to your heart's delight once the PTR is live.
Table of Contents
*Please note that this is a preview. This information does not reflect all the updates coming in patch 2.2.0 and is subject to change. Some images represent works in progress, and may not be representative of the final product.

In addition, we're redesigning—and, in some cases, adding—bonuses to existing Sets likeZunimassa's Haunt,Raiment of a Thousand Storms,Roland's Legacy,Tal Rasha's Elements,Inna's Mantra,Natalya's Vengeance, andImmortal King's Call. This means a grand total of ten new or revamped play styles to try out!

They tweaked the DH. I think they felt the panties armour was a little too much, even for them.

@specwarGP2 My Tal Rasha amulet is:
+16% Lightning
+856 Int
+907 Vit
+76% Crit Hit Dmg
+74% Gold from monsters
+35,934 Life from Health potions/Globes

It's not great, but pretty good. You have an ancient amulet, which is supposed to be a 10% chance to drop. Roll off the lightning (useless for wizards except in gimmick builds) damage to crit chance. Another option would be a socket, but It really depends on how much crit chance you have.

Last edited:
Below is a extract from the previous 2.2.0 patch beta notes, but I wonder...what are the set items you need to get your Demon Hunter look like that? I mean the first image to the left, in the second row of images, and ESPECIALLY, the 3rd image, with the blue collar and stuff. I want that badly.

1st image is female DH with Unhallowed Essence Set.
2nd image is male Barbarian. Don't know which set since I never cared for the barbarian class. (not a fan of the cankles)
3rd image is a female wizard with the Delsere's Magnum Opus set.

I'm not sure if it's still the case, but pre 2.0 female wizards equipping certain yellow gear looked like strippers lol. FWIW, the male version of Delsere's a similar amount of skin.

Got it. So that's what she's for....lol. I thought it was only for changing your item appearance. I've trained her to the max that I can, but hardly used her. I agree the Vit trade for a socket slot would be ideal. Too bad legendary gems can only go on rings and amulets...right?

Fingers crossed to get this on the 1st few tries. Thx

yikes!! Just noticed this!!!

Did you already roll off the vit? I hope not, vit is much much more valuable than lightning damage for wizard class!!! Your Amulet is an ancient so it has 106 more INT than a non-ancient max roll. I'd say that additional 106 INT is worth roughly 10% crit damage.

TR amulets always roll with INT, crit damage and vit. The only time you should roll off your vit if the random roll is crit chance or socket.

Last edited:
Back