Diablo 3 - Gamepad Edition

Man, last few pages are complete greek to me even though I have paragon level 270 or something Crusader !

Can you guys guide me to some crusader builds too? I am getting Jaded of the Destiny grind and would like to explore the hardcore side of Diablo considering what you guys are talking about here. I had been running rifts everytime I played. What are the builds I can gof or and how do I go about it?

The most powerful 2.2 Crusader builds use the Rolands set. The more powerful one uses lightning sweep attack and requires Golden Flense flail. However, 2.3 is nerfing crowd control so this build will not be as powerful since it relies on stun.

The second uses shield bash and requires Piro Marella shield (craftable). Suitable Weps for this build are (from best to worst) Furnace, Maximus, any high dps 2H.

You could also use the older Akhan's set builds which are still fun, but not good for higher grifts (40+). Google stampede build, condemn build.

Beats me...it's over my head too. I just equip the cool looking stuff and only just started thinking about combinations that made sense. Right now, my Wizard is doing pretty good (Paragon 106), but still get owned at times on Torment 3. I'm slowly learning though.

I almost stopped playing completely because it felt repetitive, but that was before Cyan started piquing my interest on the deeper aspects of the game.

Don't give up on your wizard! Wiz is my favorite class, and IMO, the one with the most diversity in terms of builds and gearing.

A very fun and easy build is the DelRasha build. This build has good DPS and survivability and unlike most builds, Delrasha has a lot of flexibility in terms of gear and skills. It only requires 3 pieces from the Delsere's set (shoulders mandatory) and 5 pieces of the Tal Rasha (belt, source, amulet mandatory) set + Royal Ring of Grandeur. You don't need any specific weapon and one of the best weapons to use with the build (Devastator) is craftable.

Depending on how you want to go (Utility or DPS) you will have one free slot that you can choose from Crown of Primus (utility), Nilfurs Boots (DPS), TnT gloves (DPS w/ Serpent Sparker wand). An optimized Delrasha build can do up to mid 50s grifts.

The most powerful 2.2 Crusader builds use the Rolands set. The more powerful one uses lightning sweep attack and requires Golden Flense flail. However, 2.3 is nerfing crowd control so this build will not be as powerful since it relies on stun.

The second uses shield bash and requires Piro Marella shield (craftable). Suitable Weps for this build are (from best to worst) Furnace, Maximus, any high dps 2H.

You could also use the older Akhan's set builds which are still fun, but not good for higher grifts (40+). Google stampede build, condemn build.
Turns out I had 3 pieces of Roland set already !!!! Individually they had lower stats that what I had equipped but when I equipped them and then equipped skills to match the bonuses : I had near unlimited Wrath :D ! And guess what, while I was running rifts enjoying my new found fun I found the Roland Helmet !!!! And now my sweep damage is boosted by 500% :runaway: !! Now I am one of those guys whom I used to see rolling through everything while I picked on the little monsters left behind !combat is so smooth now, just need to keep the loop of unlimited Wrath going and firing Akarat Champion at the right moments.
BYW, found an amulet which makes enemies dance for 6 seconds when I fire Akharat Champion, so damn funny [emoji38] ! I am keeping it equipped no matter what cos apart from being funny, its basically a 6 second stun !

What a change in the fame by just readjusting my gear ! Now I want my Roland chest piece, I am wearing the Akkhan one and found another Akhhan chest piece today again. Need the Roland now.

Also need to find socketable jewellery man, have too many legendary stones lying around.

I am.guessing Rifts are the way to go? Or is there anything specific I can do to find it?

BYW, found an amulet which makes enemies dance for 6 seconds when I fire Akharat Champion, so damn funny [emoji38] !

The Halcyon's Ascent amulet is an easter egg relating to music producer Deadmau5, who has streamed a ton of Diablo 3. It's shaped like his logo. His original stage name was Halcyon441.

(Can't tell you anything actually useful about Crusader's, sorry!)

Thread pays off! My stash is now up to 210 slots and I'm sure I could purchase more if needed. It's a loot hoarders dream come true.

@specwarGP2 I'm rocking the Tal Rasha source and pants. I have the amulet, but I am using something else that gives me life on hit. Don't have the belt or any other Tal Rasha items yet, but will keep a look out for them. I got a Royal Ring of Granduer from Cyan, but have it in my stash. Using a Negel Ring and ring with a legendary gem for now.

For the Delsere set, I have the shoulders, helm, armor, legs and boots. So good to go there.

I'll try out the build you suggested once I get a Tal Rasha belt and will look to see if I can craft the Devastator (cool name).

What is the difference between utility and DPS? I've heard the term used, but don't really understand what it means. I play mostly solo with the occasionally sessions with Cyan.

Edit: Decided to go with all the items you suggested and changed out the Negel ring for the Royal Ring of Granduer as well. I'm using 3 Tal Rasha and 3 Delsere items and Royal Ring of Granduer until I can get the rest. Already it's a huge improvement and very surprised at the Life regeneration because of a lot of the items I replace gave me a lot of Life on Hit points although it seems like my character is actually improved...weird. Other than that I have a 2 Sage set and a Blackthorne belt (don't have any other cool ones for now). VERY impressed so far.

Thread pays off! My stash is now up to 210 slots and I'm sure I could purchase more if needed. It's a loot hoarders dream come true.
No it's not, it's far too limiting at the moment for those who have multiple characters and want to store multiple legendaries/set items for possible builds later.

No it's not, it's far too limiting at the moment for those who have multiple characters and want to store multiple legendaries/set items for possible builds later.

For me it's already 10x more than I had. I don't know how much you could purchase, I just stopped at 210, but it looked like I could still buy more.

I have all classes at 70, but really only enjoyed the Witch Doctor and Wizard classes so don't see going back to them anytime soon.

Now I am wearing 4 Roland's and 2 Akkhan items. Seem to gelling very well, I am killing machine now and the fact that I was always a health regen machine compliments that and makes me formidable. Now I see ppl waiting for me to arrive before plunging into a fight :D ! Talk about role reversals. All this on T3 , though. I scaled back the difficulty to get rifts done quicker. T3 seems to be just right, not too easy, not too tough.
Also got a weapon which keeps a random Law active all the time ! It is awesome !

I just ran through Torment 4 Bounties with the build specwarGP2 suggested and I'm still wrecking them despite not having all of the items. Fun times!!

Bet you two can't wait for T10 to arrive :p

Yeah, but with some of the changes, I feel I might have to relearn some of the stuff all again---a good problem to have! Blizzard has a fan for life with all of the free DLC support post game release.

Agree. Inventory and stash(210) size already feel too low to me. I had to unload items to my Barbarian for now, even then I am completely overloaded. The actual reason for that is that I cannot tell what exactly is taking up space on my character!!! There's no way to get an overall view of the inventory. And I don't know if items have weight or if a puny gem occupies the same space as an armour piece!

I have no idea how I would manage at all once I level up my monk and Barbarian too. I want to start a Witch hunter too as I saw some very unique looking stuff happening with another player in my game today. I dread how I would manage items though......dismantle everything?

@specwarGP2 I'm rocking the Tal Rasha source and pants. I have the amulet, but I am using something else that gives me life on hit. Don't have the belt or any other Tal Rasha items yet, but will keep a look out for them. I got a Royal Ring of Granduer from Cyan, but have it in my stash. Using a Negel Ring and ring with a legendary gem for now.

For the Delsere set, I have the shoulders, helm, armor, legs and boots. So good to go there.

I'll try out the build you suggested once I get a Tal Rasha belt and will look to see if I can craft the Devastator (cool name).

What is the difference between utility and DPS? I've heard the term used, but don't really understand what it means. I play mostly solo with the occasionally sessions with Cyan.

Edit: Decided to go with all the items you suggested and changed out the Negel ring for the Royal Ring of Granduer as well. I'm using 3 Tal Rasha and 3 Delsere items and Royal Ring of Granduer until I can get the rest. Already it's a huge improvement and very surprised at the Life regeneration because of a lot of the items I replace gave me a lot of Life on Hit points although it seems like my character is actually improved...weird. Other than that I have a 2 Sage set and a Blackthorne belt (don't have any other cool ones for now). VERY impressed so far.

Weird...I thought I had the option to buy more stash when I upgraded it today to 210, but now I don't see the option to upgrade anymore. It was push down on the right stick on X1. I wonder if it will appear again once the stash is filled again.

Weird...I thought I had the option to buy more stash when I upgraded it today to 210, but now I don't see the option to upgrade anymore. It was push down on the right stick on X1. I wonder if it will appear again once the stash is filled again.
Nope, its th emax............and its not enough at all!

Don't give up on your wizard! Wiz is my favorite class, and IMO, the one with the most diversity in terms of builds and gearing.

A very fun and easy build is the DelRasha build. This build has good DPS and survivability and unlike most builds, Delrasha has a lot of flexibility in terms of gear and skills. It only requires 3 pieces from the Delsere's set (shoulders mandatory) and 5 pieces of the Tal Rasha (belt, source, amulet mandatory) set + Royal Ring of Grandeur. You don't need any specific weapon and one of the best weapons to use with the build (Devastator) is craftable.

Depending on how you want to go (Utility or DPS) you will have one free slot that you can choose from Crown of Primus (utility), Nilfurs Boots (DPS), TnT gloves (DPS w/ Serpent Sparker wand). An optimized Delrasha build can do up to mid 50s grifts.
The Wiz looks like a fun character, along with probably the Witch Doctor and the Monk. Do you use a lot of buttons with the Wizard? :)

It was one of the things that I loved about the Demon Hunter, my favourite class, that you must have open eyes and use 4 to 6 buttons from almost the very beginning. Right now the RoV-Strafe build -I tried to go back to RoV-Elemental Arrow but it's not the same- is probably the DH killing demons machine build.

But hopefully patch 2.3 will bring new possibilities and sets with exciting features. I want to try traps and pets with the DH.

Here is how cheating characters work on consoles. This video I've recorded tonight on the Xbox One shows the craziest 5 minutes I have ever played in a game!! I went from level 255 Paragon to level 362 Paragon in 5 minutes: :oops::oops:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Ruin of Palmira/video/4324506

I recorded how it was, just for you to see how nuts it is. I wasn't cheating. I was playing a game I created, a level 6342 Paragon character (he looked like the effin' Wizard of Oz) :) joined my game...and...he started a Greater Rift trial.

We got up to Wave 150 or so, giving us a Greater Rift Keystone level 96. :oops::oops:Then we entered a level 96 Greater Rift and you see what happens. Just craaaaaaazy!! I feel bad, but at the same time it wasn't my choice. CRAZY, I tell you! (gotta admit I had a few laughs at the same time)

Back