The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt revealed

Do you have a vid showing this new graphics?

No video from my system but here are a couple of screenshots:

witcher3%202015-07-02%2016-12-43-56.png

witcher3%202015-07-02%2016-11-44-15.png

witcher3%202015-07-02%2016-13-54-30.png

witcher3%202015-07-02%2015-35-53-88.png

They're all from pretty much the same area as it's my wifes game and I can't stray to far from her save point!

One thing that pisses me of is that I have managed to totally botch the save transfers in Witcher games. Originally when I played Witcher 2, my save from the first game didn't register for some friggin reason and now my Witcher 3 is in GOG, while 2 was in Steam. I didn't manually put my old save files in the right place, and when I started Witcher 3 I thought "simulate the Witcher 2 save" meant that the game automatically simulates the world state for you, instead of presenting that conversation where you get to pick. Now I have only little clue what the world state is, or who is alive etc. I mean obviously things are coming along, but still I wonder what the default world state is? Hard to find any solid info on it either it seems, haven't look too much though.

You might want to check the vid in this post.
https://forum.beyond3d.com/posts/1848896/

Thanks, but that doesn't help me. I've seen it before too. I know what the choices are and remember Witcher 2 very well. What I don't know is what the game chose for me as I never had those questions asked nor did I import my save.

I went with Iorveth in Witcher 2, but I think the default in the game is Roche. I think I let Aryan live, but the default is probably him being dead. The other 3 questions are probably how I did them too. It sucks that I didn't get to import the save, should have paid more attention to it. The game should have also explained better what "simulating" meant. It's too late to start over now.

Last edited:
No video from my system but here are a couple of screenshots:

witcher3%202015-07-02%2016-12-43-56.png

They're all from pretty much the same area as it's my wifes game and I can't stray to far from her save point!

See, shots like that are what make me want a 21:9 display. The ASUS 34" curved G-sync panel coming this fall is really tempting.

See, shots like that are what make me want a 21:9 display. The ASUS 34" curved G-sync panel coming this fall is really tempting.

Yes that would be a spectacular monitor. It would mean ne giving up 3dVision though which I'm not prepared to do until Oculus comes out at least. I know many people will think I'm strange for this but I'm playing the game like that on a 27" 16:9 monitor with big black borders. Yes screen size is down, which is bad, but it looks so much nicer, plus the lower resolution (1920x809) gains me back a ton of performance while still being native to my monitor.

Yes that would be a spectacular monitor.

I've been working the wife ahead of time. Honey, this Dell 3007 is almost 9 years old, just look at the uneven backlighting on it. Yes that bothers me, really shows up in games. Plus you know the last two years' worth of annual bonuses from work that I threw in the savings account, and how I didn't really get anything for my 50th birthday last year. . .

I think it's slowly working. Maybe. :p

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Patch 1.07 Coming Soon

- A new, alternative (optional) movement response mode for Geralt.
- A player stash for storing items, available in various locations
throughout the game. Stash locations are marked on the player’s map. - Crafting and alchemy components no longer add to the overall inventory weight.
- Books are now placed in a dedicated tab in the Inventory and books that have already been read are properly grayed out.
- Multiple sorting options are now available in the Inventory.
- Alchemy formulas and crafting diagrams can be "pinned", meaning all components and ingredients required to make them will be conveniently marked in the Shop panel.
- Dozens of fixes for quest related issues, both major and minor.
- A few performance enhancements, including the optimization of FX, scenes and general gameplay.
- Various improvements to horse behavior.

Glad to see you can store inventory items externally ....

This patch will improve a lot of little things I didn't mind too much but wasn't entirely happy about! Great to see CDPR still putting decent effort into this game!

Apart from upcoming patch 1.07 they released yet another DLC at some point this or last week! It's a new quest called: Where the cat and wolf play ...

BTW I fought Genie with Jennifer last night! Amazing views from top of that mountain!
BNY6KSA.jpg

Nice, whenever I get around to playing it again, there will be a stash. Thank goodness. I like keeping items that just "look cool" but having them take up inventory and weight was a bit of a problem. Hopefully, it's a decent sized stash.

Regards,
SB

Just install one of the many mods. Took me about 5 hours of playing before I did and now I can just carry around unlimited supplies. So much easier that way.

Not sure this is the latest version, but google will turn up more vid for 'sweetfx 1.000 x better'.

Below is a comparison vid of SweetFX presets including 'sweetfx 1.000 x better'.

I should try that. Been using DSR the whole time. It's great, for the AA, but kinda wonky sometimes. I wanna try some new shaders. From what I saw in that video for the SweetFX settings, it does a nice job with the distant terrain, like rendering the trees with more clarity.

CD Projekt RED has released a new 2.2GB patch for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. However, this is not the highly anticipated 1.07 patch. As CD Projekt RED's Lukasz Babiel said, this update is basically the game's artpack (artbook, soundtrack, map, manual, wallpapers etc.).That's an update of our artpack (artbook, soundtrack, map, manual, wallpapers etc.). You can check them out by going to: Properties (from Library view)->Local files->Browse local files. Files are in main game folder.

I'm currently away from home on my wifi hotspot so this sucks. I'll likely still be away when 1.07 comes out. On Steam will there be a way to get that without 2.2GB of stuff I'll never look at?

Yeah, strange they didn't just release all that stuff as free DLC with the option to download.

Yeah, strange they didn't just release all that stuff as free DLC with the option to download.

At least on my GOG Galaxy all the extra content requires me to download it separately from game. I just checked out high quality map and soundtrack which comes in both MP3 (206MB) and FLAC (513MB!) formats. They have to be selected from MORE and then GET BACKUP and EXTRAS option where you can download separate packages at will.

Back to the ultra wide displays real quick, Newegg has the Dell U3415W for $809 (free shipping too) if you use DELLBTS as a code for the next few days. Soooo tempted.

Back to the ultra wide displays real quick, Newegg has the Dell U3415W for $809 (free shipping too) if you use DELLBTS as a code for the next few days. Soooo tempted.

I've been looking at that monitor too. It has a decent price here too. I just really would like to have Gsync, but the Acer and Asus monitors that are coming are going to be way more expensive, So I think I just have to wait... I'm pretty happy with my Dell 2713HM.

As for the game, I have put 37 hours into it so far and liking it very much. Very addicted to gwent, need some better cards though :)
I'm at level 14 and have done some of the Novigrad missions. The side missions are pretty well done and interesting. I'll try to push past 40h today :)

Back