Horizon Zero Dawn [PS4, PC]

Good one. A good writer is such a tiny fraction of what the budget for a game like this should be.
They got the tech down, they must have a big team to look after all kinds of technological aspects of the game, costing millions of dollars. One little (good) writer is peanuts.

Good one. A good writer is such a tiny fraction of what the budget for a game like this should be.
They got the tech down, they must have a big team to look after all kinds of technological aspects of the game, costing millions of dollars. One little (good) writer is peanuts.

And a quest designer from CdPRojekt, I don't know if he writes the story but he work on the Bloody Baron quest... One of the best quest story wise of The Witcher 3.

A brief interview with Senior Producer Mark Norris, who clarified:
  • They like colours.
  • It's a modified Killzone engine. Duh.
  • It's open world with no loading. It's seamless - there's no stitching at all!
  • Many weapons with different ammo types
  • Perks and skill trees, XP from quests, kills and exploration.

I still can't get over the T-Rex thing having half a million polys. And that there were two strolling around in that video like it was nothing, among other things.

I wonder whether Guerrilla Games are using their fancy adaptive resolution for this game. If they'd planned it from the start and still targetted 30fps it might explain why this game looks so much better than anything else.

I wonder whether Guerrilla Games are using their fancy adaptive resolution for this game. If they'd planned it from the start and still targetted 30fps it might explain why this game looks so much better than anything else.
If it does, it certainly looks very clean and sharp for something effectively running at half res.

They said 1080p 30fps and I doubt they will say this if it is not the case after the problem they had with KZ SF multiplayer it is just a 2nd gen exclusive PS4 game.

And Uncharted 4 is on the same league, not open world but semi open and impressive streaming technology.

And it will be noticeable if it was the same technology. KZ SF multiplayer was very blurry...

No murder based XP please, murder should never be rewarded, no matter what.

In the interview the guy says, "she's not some indiscriminate hunter who just goes around and kills things. She only does so with a purpose". And she shows remorse she "kills" the little one. :yep2:

What are people actually seeing here that is technically outstanding versus other games?

It's a perfect mixture of mostly high end. I'm sure to this day, many of shadow fall effects and assets would poll as the better looking.

What are people actually seeing here that is technically outstanding versus other games?
It's certainly a pretty game, more so for being open world but my time with Arkham Knight has raised my expectations of open world graphics now.

TRY HARDER, LAZY DEVS! :yep2:

Back