Stuff that mostly has nothing to do with Satya Nadella or Microsoft's Difficult Decisions *SPAWN*

Dollar finds a way my friend.

edit: I don't mean any bribing or the sort haha. Just saying I'm confident this deal could be made, if one wants to sell and the other wants to buy. Just grease it up so it looks good if you need to like Shortbread was saying, and honestly I don't really see much problem here in the begin with.

Last edited:
Dollar finds a way my friend.

The reason many EU markets are not a cluster fuck like the US (just look at their telecommunications markets like landlines, mobile phones and internet) is because the EU regulators are not morons. While merger brokering agreements can be made, if you break them you'll get hit with massive fines. Ask Microsoft if they think the EU is a lax regulator. ;)

The reason many EU markets are not a cluster fuck like the US (just look at their telecommunications markets like landlines, mobile phones and internet) is because the EU regulators are not morons. While merger brokering agreements can be made, if you break them you'll get hit with massive fines. Ask Microsoft if they think the EU is a lax regulator. ;)

Well, I don't know if mobile is necessarily a good example.

US mobile plans include continent-wide roaming.

In the EU, roaming charges are onerous, in a land mass approximately the size of the US. Today, they just announced a plan to eliminate all roaming charges in 2 years.

Well, I don't know if mobile is necessarily a good example. US mobile plans include continent-wide roaming. In the EU, roaming charges are onerous, in a land mass approximately the size of the US. Today, they just announced a plan to eliminate all roaming charges in 2 years.
:rolleyes:

Hey Bro, we're just playing Devil's Advocate... and we may be looking at it from more of Americans point of view "where these things happen regardless of regulation". So no harm, no foul... :love:
Oh ok, I didn't realise reasonable debate had been suspended for nonsensical and impossible outcome speculation. Maybe a mod can amend the thread title ;)

By what metric do you think Apple are a bigger software company? Whatever it is, you're way off base. Apple's CPU business is a fraction of other ARM licensees like Qualcomm.

I don't know what definition of dominant you are using but under the legislation that defines a monopoly market, Microsoft continue to have a desktop monopoly.

An OS monopoly market holder which significant interests in a significant CPU and GPU hardware in a market where there are only two runners in each field is what anti-monopoly legislation is there to prevent.

The only thing MS has a monopoly in is the desktop / laptop market and that is a shrinking share of the overall pie.

Every IOS device runs Apple software so perhaps MS is still bigger software wise but the gap is shrinking quickly

The only thing MS has a monopoly in is the desktop / laptop market and that is a shrinking share of the overall pie.

So the computing platform used by most people on the planet? Sure.. just that :yep2:

What makes you think a MS-owned AMD would not trade with Sony and Nintendo?

Sony doesn't want to share all the plans with the direct competitor.
This just hoping that an msamd will share all the new tech with a direct competitor.

Nintendo is another story.
MS: We will cut 1 cent if you put in your os our services
Nintendo: for 1.5 cents I will sell my daugther too

Well, I don't know if mobile is necessarily a good example.

US mobile plans include continent-wide roaming.

In the EU, roaming charges are onerous, in a land mass approximately the size of the US. Today, they just announced a plan to eliminate all roaming charges in 2 years.
I saw that yesterday and went YAY NO ROAMING!! Then saw "from June 2017" and my joy quickly turned to :rolleyes::nope:

I saw that yesterday and went YAY NO ROAMING!! Then saw "from June 2017" and my joy quickly turned to :rolleyes::nope:

It's a bit OT, but Three actually almost have it already. If I'm travelling to most major EU countries I pay no roaming charges and can use my phone as I usually would (except with maybe slower internet).

So the computing platform used by most people on the planet? Sure.. just that :yep2:

Smartphone and feature phone are a bigger market than computer.. In Emergent country mobile is the only way for many people to access internet...

Last year more than 1 billions smartphones were sold...

Last edited:
Every workplace has a PC, typically per staff member for a lot of companies and certainly for every office/reception worker. That's excluding home PCs. Every hospital has lots of PCs. Every school. Every financial institution has squillions. Windows PCs are the bedrock of modern commerce and industry and education and public services. There may be a mobile device in every hand, but there's a PC in every building where you want to get stuff actually done. Photographers use PCs (or Macs). Video editors use PCs (or Macs, yeah, yeah ;)). Software developers. Police stations. Print services. Machine tooling. Government organisations and services. Yada yada.

MS has a monopoly over the OS used to run the world. That's unarguable.

Out of curiosity I just checked the latest market share for operating systems. It's shocking. I really thought Mac OS had taken a fair bit from MS lately but it's still under 5%, the rest being various iterations of Windows.

It's amazing how Apple are nowhere near market leaders in either desktop and mobile, but are still the most valuable company in the world.

Last edited:
Nowhere near in mobile might be a slight exaggeration? And if you talk about market shares, then you can take absolute quantity of cheap ass Android phones, or look at total revenue and profit, which may paint a different picture ...

Nowhere near in mobile might be a slight exaggeration? And if you talk about market shares, then you can take absolute quantity of cheap ass Android phones, or look at total revenue and profit, which may paint a different picture ...
Yeah. I guess I meant nowhere near in desktop but still not market leaders in mobile. Cause they're not, for all intents and purposes. And that's just fine for them, looking at their results.

Smartphone and feature phone are a bigger than computer.. In Emergent country mobile is the only way for many people to access internet...
:rolleyes: Smartphones are not a single platform controlled by one company.

In EU antitrust are after Google in Internet search market and they begin to think about doing an investigation about Google dominance with Android...

Back