Image Quality and Framebuffer Speculations for WIP/alpha/beta/E3 games *Read the first post*

Is he serious? If so, is this something Sony/ND or maybe Timothy cooked up?
I take it as TAA but with some of the specifics spelled out. My best, ignorant guess - "viewport jittered" means the camera view is offset fractions of a pixel between frames; "neighbourhood clamped" means the sample value (either final AA sample or temporal sample) is clamped within the value of neighbours; 'high feedback' means either a significant weight to previous frame values or using multiple previous frame values. "No MSAA" means that abrupt changes should see zero AA on some edges.

The above screenshots do have zero AA edges. Very noticeable on Scully.

I take it as TAA but with some of the specifics spelled out. My best, ignorant guess - "viewport jittered" means the camera view is offset fractions of a pixel between frames; "neighbourhood clamped" means the sample value (either final AA sample or temporal sample) is clamped within the value of neighbours; 'high feedback' means either a significant weight to previous frame values or using multiple previous frame values. "No MSAA" means that abrupt changes should see zero AA on some edges.

The above screenshots do have zero AA edges. Very noticeable on Scully.

That's the best "guess" I've read in my life. You do lovely work Shifty.
void0-12.gif

So many different types of anti-aliasing available for devs to work with. Don't know if that's a blessing or curse; but it's nice for them to have options and see which one fits their needs. Even crazy solutions like "VJNCHFTAA." :LOL: :yes:

What Timothy is describing is the basic TAA formula used in UE4, Ryse, and perhaps another game or two. I'm sure he's just eyeballing it, since he has a lot of experience in this area.

Yep, that's it!!

Ok, so then the UC4 AA is not TXAA...good to know :)

I hope TAA is effective though...

I more inclined to believe it's using something similar (maybe higher sample) to Infamous Second Son.
The presentation is meticulously clean, almost pristine - operating with a full 1920x1080 framebuffer alongside a modified form of SMAA T2x that stands apart as the most impressive utilisation of post-process anti-aliasing we've seen on any platform. This high-quality solution combines MLAA with a temporal component delivering incredibly sharp and clean imagery with excellent edge coverage throughout.

Playstation Access played at AC Syndicate (Alpha build) on their PS4. Image quality seems better than ACU, it's sharper and I heavily suspect the use of a Temporal AA, I think someone already assumed as much somewhere here.

They say the game is very smooth. I find exactly :cool: 900p here:

alzb.png

blzb.png

With the performance the way it was in Unity and the graphics the way they are in Syndicate I didn't expect them to be able to optimize it enough to run at 1080p in time for Syndicate, but I was hoping. Maybe next game.

With the performance the way it was in Unity and the graphics the way they are in Syndicate I didn't expect them to be able to optimize it enough to run at 1080p in time for Syndicate, but I was hoping. Maybe next game.

Well, the hope is not over yet, AC Unity Alpha builds were running at 720p on XB1.

any info about the resolution of battlefront ps4 ?

The E3 build was running at 900p. The PS4 version was the only version shown at E3 by Dice.

Overall they seem to have downgraded some parts graphically (skin SSS, lighting, crowd density) compared to Unity so maybe this time it'll be 1080p and probably 30 fps as well, don't hold your breath for the latter though, this gen multiplatform games are usually a mess performance wise. Pays off to have a good enough PC so you can brute force the code :D

Back