The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt revealed

Hotfix 1.06 Out Now on PC!
June / 15 / 2015
witcher3_en_1434370867.jpg

Hotfix 1.06 has just been released for PC. Please check the list of changes below.

- Fixes the endless loading screen when fighting the Ice Giant during the quest 'Lord of Undvik'
- Geralt's clothes will no longer be wet after leaving the menu
- The gate in the crypt now works correctly during the quest 'Scavenger Hunt: Viper School Gear'
- Fixes the lack of interaction with Roche on Oxenfurt Bridge in the quest 'Get Junior'
- Fixes an issue that prevented players from creating more than one item via Crafting/Alchemy

The console version is on the way.

This week DLC is out!

New Triss look and new side quest :)

PS. I just arrived in Skellige - WOW!

I'm glad to see you're taking your time with the main quest! I've finished the main quest and contemplating whether to continue on with unfinished quests or restart game and answer the "Witcher 2 decisions/choice" questions differently ....

I'm glad to see you're taking your time with the main quest! I've finished the main quest and contemplating whether to continue on with unfinished quests or restart game and answer the "Witcher 2 decisions/choice" questions differently ....

I'm 81h in the game :O
Not sure how much stuff I have to do in Skellige but more and more I realize this game will take me 130h+ for a single playthrough!
Great value for money as I only paid around £35.00 on preorder back in 2014!

One thing I did notice is some unfinished quests can not be selected and have a "red" highlight. The particular quest in question was a secondary quest and involves one of your main companions, but at this point I'm not sure whether I can find, approach and talk to them (they could be anywhere).

Bought the game on steam this week and played about 10 minutes yesterday to check out how the game runs before I start but wow, this game looks amazing! I've only seen the first room and the balcony but it's really a step up from everything I played before.

I turned off hairworks and I actually think geralt looks better without it. Turn foilage viewing distance to high and the rest on ultra. Hopefully fps will stay around 60 most of the time with these setting.

I think I'll really be enjoying this game.

I'm good 15h into Skellige islands now and done all quests up to lvl 29 in Velen and Novigrad which took me in total 97h so far. My brother already finished his 1st playthrough and we often discuss how we tackled quests without spoiling to much and there were several already which played completely differently for each of us!
I mean, some of them not even started in the same way and other quests one of us never ran into / had a chance to play! Cool stuff which makes me want to play this game over as soon as I finish it!

Played for about 2 hours today and wow, just wow. This game looks amazing. But not only that, it actually runs very well as well considering how good it looks. Loading times are very short as well.

Combat is definitely a big upgrade over the witcher 2. Only fought about a dozen or so monsters but dodging etc is fairly smooth unlike witcher 2 which in my opinion didn't really became fun until you leveled up a bunch and got strong enough to just button bash your way through every fight.

By the way is there any way to get your health back on the second highest difficulty level apart from food and potions? I don't have any food left and cannot make any potions yet. Also, do you have unlimited skills points for abilities or is it limited like in witcher 2?

By the way is there any way to get your health back on the second highest difficulty level apart from food and potions?
Edit: Someone wrote
If you do "Just the story" and "Story and Sword" you can meditate for full health.
If on the higher difficulties you can use a Swallow potion and Food, also use Quen a lot to minimize damage you take. Kill animals, ie wolves, fish etc...

Last edited:
Played for about 2 hours today and wow, just wow. This game looks amazing. But not only that, it actually runs very well as well considering how good it looks. Loading times are very short as well.

Combat is definitely a big upgrade over the witcher 2. Only fought about a dozen or so monsters but dodging etc is fairly smooth unlike witcher 2 which in my opinion didn't really became fun until you leveled up a bunch and got strong enough to just button bash your way through every fight.

By the way is there any way to get your health back on the second highest difficulty level apart from food and potions? I don't have any food left and cannot make any potions yet. Also, do you have unlimited skills points for abilities or is it limited like in witcher 2?
There is a skill in the "Misc" (or some such) category that greatly increases your out of combat health regeneration called Sun and Stars (from 1 health per second to 11 health per second, I think). Note that in order to use your skills you actually have to equip them so it makes more sense to decide which skills you plan to use and level them up instead of putting one point in everything as, especially in the beginning, you have very limited number of slots.

Also in case someone else is also wondering what is the difference in the upgraded Swallow potions (at least I was wondering why should I upgrade them going by the description) - the Superior Swallow regenerates more than 150 health per second.

Note that in order to use your skills you actually have to equip them so it makes more sense to decide which skills you plan to use and level them up instead of putting one point in everything as, especially in the beginning, you have very limited number of slots.

This is something that I really dislike about the new Witcher compared to the past ones. In the past games you can't get and max out all skills, so you'd still have to choose what to get and what not to get. However, if you weren't a min/max type of player you could just pick whatever you liked and it would have an effect.

This new system basically forces you to min/max your character. And while I like to do that at times, there's also times when I just want to pick something because it's cool or sounds cool even if it isn't the most effective. In the Witcher 3 if you do this, that just means it's wasted points if you can't socket it, which you likely won't because you'll have more upgrades chosen than you have slots. So forced min/maxing, yay. /sad_golf_clap.

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
probably modders will fix that.

and im already stopped playing W3 (bored, not finished) so hopefully by the time got interested in W3 again, a heavy overhaul mod are available. Something like SkyUI for Skyrim will be nice.

and im already stopped playing W3 (bored, not finished) so hopefully by the time got interested in W3 again, a heavy overhaul mod are available. Something like SkyUI for Skyrim will be nice.
I'm several quests into Act III but it's now feeling like a slog. I absolutely love playing the Witcher 3 as the writing and quests remain interesting but I'm struggling to must the enthusiasm to turn the machine on. The main quest line is just a little too long for me, I think they could easily have shortened the Novigrad stretch by a two thirds.

I feel I'm close to the end now (althought I thought that twice before!) and I'm determined to finish it before starting Arkham Knight. I know if I get engrossed it AK I'll lose the thread of where I am in Witcher 3 and that'll put me off every finishing it. I've given up completing too many games due to this before. If I can put the may storyline to bed I know I can leave the game for a while and return later to mop up the remaining quests and enjoy any DLC quests afresh. I just need closure onthe main storyline.

Please God may it end soon.

i think the best mainquestline is the Red baron. The one on city is reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally boring

dunno about Skellige, i have not done much there.

I played newest DLC quest yesterday. It's in Skellige and I was impressed! Quite a fun quest and at the same time it reaches to your early game decisions which makes it even better!

The complexities in this game are amazing and I'm not bored with it after putting 103h+, but my secret is pacing myself! I can only afford to play 2-4h a day with exception to weekends and I'm not pushing through quests just to finish them off. I sometimes start 3-5 quest because they are close to each other and to finish them I would have to go way out of my way, which I don't do. If you do that then quests progress more naturally and you're not chasing them like mad.

One more thing impressing me constantly is the graphics! There are locations which at certain times of day and weather patter look so stunnig! They always look great, but certain mix of fog, rain, or time of day makes it so much better!

BTW anyone encountered farting trolls? :D

Now people are complaining about games being too long... :LOL:

I think it's important to pace yourself and not play the same game many hours a day, that pretty much guarantees it gets boring. Better to play a bit less, not play for a while or play something else from time to time.

The last long game I played took me 65 hours in close to two months or so. That was arkham origin. The longest single player game I played was fallout 3. I spent over 120 hours on that game but I believe it took me at least 4 months or so.

Anyway, one thing I noticed is that sound is poorly normalized. Cutscenes are far more silent than the game and the you died screen is rather loud.

That and leveling up takes pretty long. Still level 1 after 4 hours.

Probably should look for a unlimited storage mod soon hehe. I don't care much about mods but I hate it when you can't carry all theloot you find. IMO devs should make unlimited storage a option in games like this.

Now people are complaining about games being too long... :LOL:

I think it's important to pace yourself and not play the same game many hours a day, that pretty much guarantees it gets boring. Better to play a bit less, not play for a while or play something else from time to time.

The last long game I played took me 65 hours in close to two months or so. That was arkham origin. The longest single player game I played was fallout 3. I spent over 120 hours on that game but I believe it took me at least 4 months or so.

Anyway, one thing I noticed is that sound is poorly normalized. Cutscenes are far more silent than the game and the you died screen is rather loud.

That and leveling up takes pretty long. Still level 1 after 4 hours.

Probably should look for a unlimited storage mod soon hehe. I don't care much about mods but I hate it when you can't carry all theloot you find. IMO devs should make unlimited storage a option in games like this.

I can carry 160(kg?) and 180 after drinking potion. Not a big issue once you get larger storage capacity and easiest to get there is to win couple of horse racing as prizes are usually upgrades for your Roach :)

Back