News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gears remake is on PC and Fable legends two big games this year for MS . I don't see a problem at all. Tomb raider should also show up on pc as its just a timed exclusive. Gears 4 may also show up on pc
I question you'd idea of big games, but that's not the point here and I personally have no problem with Xbox one exclusives as it something ms need to do, but to say they are supporting their 'other' platform clearly isn't the case.

MS are about to deploy DirectX 12 which will allow drastic improvements from existing hardware. They are also deploying a gaming portal (Xbox app) and allowing you on XBL for free.

That combined with the announced games there's no way to interpret that as anything but improving game support for the PC.

They can do more, buts its a clear statement of intent.

MS are about to deploy DirectX 12 which will allow drastic improvements from existing hardware. They are also deploying a gaming portal (Xbox app) and allowing you on XBL for free.

That combined with the announced games there's no way to interpret that as anything but improving game support for the PC.

They can do more, buts its a clear statement of intent.

For me they could improve the stores! :yep2:

Most likely he delegated his public account to someone. Or shares. To maintain public image.
Well its kinda hard to have your assistant playing the vault of glass and Crota's end for you when voice chat is a must for these game modes. Also I guess next time he is playing destiny I could just join his fire team to see if it is really him.

Reactions: NRP
Been thinking about this $150 controller and yeah, Crazily enough, at least someday I'll probably own one.

The cost is not out of impulse range in todays inflated world of $650 mainstream video cards and the like.

Playing Destiny so many hours is tough on my controllers, I've already replaced one and the newer one already has developed a creak or two. The 150 controller according to the Vidoc is incredibly durable, almost indestructible. So it would probably pay for itself just on longevity. So then you're getting all the other bonuses for free, chiefly the paddles really intrigue me, so you dont have to take your thumb off the sticks to hit the face buttons.

What a great idea. Cant be long until Sony and maybe Nintendo copies. Probably will make MS a lot of profit.

'Mainstream' meaning 'not the professional range'. The maximum price of consumer video cards has been going up, with things like the Titan and its $1000 price tag. Big bucks on GPUs is no longer limited to Quadro and its ilk.

Been thinking about this $150 controller and yeah, Crazily enough, at least someday I'll probably own one.

The cost is not out of impulse range in todays inflated world of $650 mainstream video cards and the like.

Playing Destiny so many hours is tough on my controllers, I've already replaced one and the newer one already has developed a creak or two. The 150 controller according to the Vidoc is incredibly durable, almost indestructible. So it would probably pay for itself just on longevity. So then you're getting all the other bonuses for free, chiefly the paddles really intrigue me, so you dont have to take your thumb off the sticks to hit the face buttons.

What a great idea. Cant be long until Sony and maybe Nintendo copies. Probably will make MS a lot of profit.

Good thinking. This would be incredibly useful for titanfall and games that are heavily dependent on bumper jumping to be fully successful. I would like this for halo 5.

edit: to really take advantage of this controller, they need to release a firmware update to allow for full rebinds

Last edited:
Playing Destiny so many hours is tough on my controllers, I've already replaced one and the newer one already has developed a creak or two. The 150 controller according to the Vidoc is incredibly durable, almost indestructible. So it would probably pay for itself just on longevity.
That's very true. If they sold it as a pack in so you're not spending on a traditional controller, that'd save some money. Controllers don't last. I think every ordinary controller needs replacing, and I've played with some dodgy, creaky, reconstructed devices over the years. The modularity isn't as exciting as I imagined it'd be, where you could position the components where you want. And the price is high. Perhaps just a 'ruggedised' conventional controller option is the ideal? Standard controller, just with amazing build quality.

'Mainstream' meaning 'not the professional range'. The maximum price of consumer video cards has been going up, with things like the Titan and its $1000 price tag. Big bucks on GPUs is no longer limited to Quadro and its ilk.
Wrong terminology still. Consumer product vs industrial.

I actually like high quality peripherals and don't mind paying for them. I'll almost certainly get the new controller if it lives up to MS' hype. I've already gone through one Bone controller, and I don't even game that much anymore.

I actually like high quality peripherals and don't mind paying for them. I'll almost certainly get the new controller if it lives up to MS' hype. I've already gone through one Bone controller, and I don't even game that much anymore.

I need to see a teardown of the controller to get a look at the analog sensors for the thumbsticks. If it's built solid, I will definitely pay the dumb price to get all of the features and reliability.

I just spent $70 on a pair of waterproof merino socks last week so $150 on a controller doesnt seem much, as I assume people will be using it for hundreds if not 1000s of hours, i.e. more usage than I will get with my socks.
Though it could of been designed better, if you're going for the elite market make it as good as it can be (within reasonable costs).
eg a no brainer is
(Replaceable) rechargeable battery that recharges wirelessly, i.e. every time you've finished playing and hang it up it recharges without needing to plug it in

Good thinking. This would be incredibly useful for titanfall and games that are heavily dependent on bumper jumping to be fully successful. I would like this for halo 5.

edit: to really take advantage of this controller, they need to release a firmware update to allow for full rebinds

They will have an xbox one application that allows for full rebinds that takes place on the controller. It can store 2 different binding modes at the same time so you can easily switch between them within the flip of the switch and it happens transparently to the console. In their video they showan example of bindings for driving the warthog and then a different one for run and gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back