Horizon Zero Dawn [PS4, PC]

looks great! but please stop reusing old assets. i just dont get why devs can't post 5-10 dollar jobs to get new effects and art. worth a shot to the community before reusing as could get some good stuff.
You notice some assets from Killzone Shadowfall being used in Horizon demo? I didn't. But if its true thats fine by me, lots of studios do that for cost saving measures, and as long as it looks good, and not out of place. What did you notice, trees?

Maybe he's talking about the cityscape shown from before the fall of humanity? I can hardly blame them for reusing Shadowfall building assets to show a city that's not going to be part of the actual game. The ruins will have to be built from scratch.

By an interview I watched, this game has only been in full production after the release of shadowfall, so they had about a year and a half to build all assets and content shown on the demo, which according to guerrilla, is pre-alpha still. Preproduction started after KZ3, with just half dozen team members using their ps3 engine and KZ assets, for the first tests and prototypes. That was halted when the release of Shadow Fall approached so the whole team could concentrate on finishing it up. Only then the entire team started work on Horizon, with an already released game on ps4 under their belt, on a pretty feature-full proprietary engine, so this game is being built by people more experienced than most being showcased so far, great! For an open-world game, in development for less than 2 years, I think they have a lot done.

I like assets recycling... well, I like most things that cut down development costs :D

This game hits all the rights notes and I'm jealous that PS4 users get to enjoy title like this. (I'm also jealous for Xbox users for having Tomb Raider). Sometimes it just sucks to be PC exclusive player.

I am still a bit on the fence wrt the art.

When having robondinosaur...why traditional trees and stuff, why not go fully unreal and create also robo-trees and so on...high tec animals, high tec plants, high tec world, but low tec people...

I am still a bit on the fence wrt the art.

When having robondinosaur...why traditional trees and stuff, why not go fully unreal and create also robo-trees and so on...high tec animals, high tec plants, high tec world, but low tec people...
Come on. Robotrees?? Now you're being unrealistic.

This is just wonderful...

HorizonsZeroDawn-8.jpg

I think she does, it's evident on other shots. On here the red/orange hue seems to be drowing it out. Not sure if these are meant to be real-time or not. Pretty sure they are. Either way, it's a very impressively detailed model.

HorizonsZeroDawn-4.jpg

HorizonsZeroDawn-1.jpg

HorizonsZeroDawn-6.jpg

So what has happened to all the plants?

Those robot animals may have been built for war purposes. The big one she is fighting had missile launchers on his back. Big armies of robots left behind when humans left or died.

My theory: AI finally take over the world; AI decide that in order to last till the end of times they need to create suitable hardware/vessels; the strongest animals ever appeared on earth, the dinosaurs (but also giant owls), are chosen as ideal model...mass production of robot-dinosaurs stars at Foxconn.
AI live happily ever after!

At least that's what I will do :yep2:

Last edited:
Dinobots... dinobots... dinobots...
Well, I suppose Monster Hunter already got all the cool dino/draco monsters, so can only use the bot versions...
The only game of E3 2015 to impress me this year, both gfx wise and gameplay "preview".

some things from kzsf i noticed like, the alarm sound ,a certain tree,possibly some rocks,and not positive because it has been awhile,but that grass she sneeks in is the same as kz3 too.

some things from kzsf i noticed like, the alarm sound ,a certain tree,possibly some rocks,and not positive because it has been awhile,but that grass she sneeks in is the same as kz3 too.
Reducing costs, it makes sense to reuse assets, if they look good why change them ?
You're not changing the trees in your garden every other year because you don't fancy them anymore, are you ?

Back