Uncharted 4: A Thief's End [PS4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't force myself to play more than 15 min of The Order at a time before I get bored and switch to something else, so the comparisons here are quite funny.

Lol same was for me. I played till chapter 2....I was almost distracted by the graphics that I stopped everywhere to look at the details. But I even didn't bother to boot it. last time I played was 2 weeks after the game came out.
I' m kinda lazy to go back to it but i will indeed find some time to get to it.
As for Uncharted 4 I' ve watched the gameplay demo like 20 times already and each time you find something new. Like when Drake is near the rice bags and the animation when he gets lower and lower while being almost in prone position.
The subtle movements and different standing animation when in cover ( like in the first uncharted when he had different poses ). The way he reacts to the surrounding and the bullets.
Also the mud part reminds me so much of Motorstorm 1.
We know that the guns he wear will probably stay in the cinematic sequences but I wonder if the scratchs he gets when wounded will also be carried in cutscenes.

Also I still prefer the PSX demo which was more realistic IMO, less "cinematic cartoon" that this E3 demo (that oddly reminded me the Tintin cartoon, well animated movie, directed by Spielberg). I showed the video to my nephew, he wasn't impressed either (he was more impressed by the TLG video). When the demo got to the car scene, my nephew immediately said to me: Why is it so blurry when they turn? o_O

You can't invent this kind of anecdote.

Unfortunately, isn't this the perfect example of why games are more and more ditching 60fps in favour of better, more realistic visuals? I remember back in the days of the PS2 when Naughty Dog showed off Jak & Daxter for the first time and despite perhaps MGS2 (which was clearly going for a different look), I can't remember ever being so impressed. Unfortunately, most people probably didn't share my view (except techies) because the overal theme was not "mature" enough. I think Insomniac suffered similarly with their Ratchet & Clank games. Which... is probably also why Naughty Dog ditched the whole platformer genre in favour of something a bit more realistic and mature...

Thanks Phil, you've reminded me how much I miss Jax and Daxter.

Please, ND, if you are reading, bring the series back. I love gritty, realistic stuff as much as anyone, but there's plenty of space in our hearts for some cartoon platform/openworld hijinx too.

i was like WHAT did that guy tweeted? silly guy. Then i feel i have known his name somewhere. Then i googled. then BAM!

he's the one making FXAA!!!

on the other han i still dont understand the AA he mentioned at all lol
Yeah he made TXAA as well.

I was thinking the same yesterday while watching the R&C videos. Just imagine what they could do!

Always liked J&D much more than R&C, well at least the first and the PSP one (Daxter), never really played the others. So yeah.

As for the Order, how far are you in? The game really gripped me eventually. Story was really good I thought.

Any idea when this extended demo is released ? From what I've read the part after Nate hits that boat next to the bridge is incredible spectacular.

BTW.... Elena confirmed, I think I'm in love (again):

Uncharted-4_elena_1434547664.jpg

Any idea when this extended demo is released ? From what I've read the part after Nate hits that boat next to the bridge is incredible spectacular.

Marketing-wize, they will maybe nor release it anytime soon because of the good word of mouth. Maybe for Gamescom [Sony will be on showfloor, but with no pressconf].

I don't think ND is really using silhouette tessellation. Sure that boy mentioned it, but I fail to see his evidences beyond "models look round". He did notice a lot of tiny things, and is indeed somewhat informed about realtime rendering tech, but I think he is just seeing things with regards to tessellation. A bit of wishful thinking I guess.

What are the signs that make possible to individuate silhouette tessellation? There are any? Ii it an effect so hard to implement/taxing for the hardware that you doubt they could have it? Isn't the same effect that the premium model in GT6 have? Sorry if this is considered a deviation for the thread, just curious...

I think this is a bit of a flying teapot scenario. Considering that so far, the only console game to use real time hardware tesselation to perform subdiv has been CoD ghosts - and forza (?) - its more of a question of why think it's in there, instead of why is it not. I have seen nothing that points to ND using it, and that's after they having done an extensive presentation on their changes to their art pipeline and character creation, where I think the use of subdiv would have been very relevant to be omited.

In that presentation, presumably there are example pics of the assets. Do we have nice wireframes showing triangle density for comparison of silhouettes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back