Forza Motorsport 6 [XO]

Towards the end of this video Dan Greenwalt talks about what he personally was really proud of with Forza 6 versus Forza 5. And it's the simulation because he geeks out on. He mentions some of the simulations they do and it is absolutely amazing. Basically just the move to Night time basically doubles the number of things they need to be able to simulate with regards to how surfaces will react to the various types of tires (which has increased) as well as tire compounds, as everything changes at night versus the day. They go as far as to model how different grass is if you drive over it at night versus during the day. And then they also have to simulate wet versions of that if it is raining.

Speaking of raining. Hydroplaning is a thing. If there's a puddle on the road, you're going to want to avoid it.

I'm not into racing games anymore (last one I played was about 16 years ago) but I'm actually thinking about potentially picking this up.

Regards,
SB

The major problem I have with Forza is that despite all the talk, they really moved away from being a sim rather than increasing realism. So I can't really trust the game until I've tried it.

I just want to have the damn Warthog, even if it's just time trials or a warthog-only mode. :p

Really cool, but sim racing just isn't my thing. Like to see a Forza Arcade racer.
Forza Horizon didn't do it for you? Or... looking for something more like PGR :?:

The major problem I have with Forza is that despite all the talk, they really moved away from being a sim rather than increasing realism. So I can't really trust the game until I've tried it.

What elements exactly do you think moved the mainline Forza games away from being a sim?

I just want to have the damn Warthog, even if it's just time trials or a warthog-only mode. :p

Forza Horizon didn't do it for you? Or... looking for something more like PGR :?:
PGR, especially PGR2, is an unforgettable game. I played it for hours and hours. Never a posterior PGR game -although 4 was good in that regard- was quite fine tuned as PGR2 was. When you won a platinum medal in PGR2 it was because you really did a perfect race. Forza Horizon is a very good game, but it's a different philosophy compared to PGR.

Back into Forza.. Some gifs.

e315-forza6-direct-fev0pny.jpg
e315-forza6-direct-fe3mrxc.jpg
e315-forza6-direct-fe48ocb.jpg

e47b08c0-81e7-4e2f-bf32-582c1fd7de4b.jpg

efc38fdb-6df5-4ff4-97c4-8ba2ad7fa199.jpg

4d68d7ccafb9662a77b746ed134ffaa7.gif

LastVeneratedFlyinglemur.gif

Additionally, puddles impact the physics, and wet surfaces change at night, impacting friction.

There is rain and storms in the nocturnal races, the campaign mode will have 70 hours of content reliving historic moments of racing. They also promised that the 60 fps are totally solid and stable, once again. The roster of 400 cars has been made from scratch.

Last edited:
tire_walls0239uzn.gif

sebring_night02u0odp.gif

I am quite impressed at the shadow of other cars casting on the walls, and at 60fps, how did they make it? Shadows are very resource intensive.

sebring_night03bzr3z.gif

Project Cars and Forza 6 weather effects and night races comparison:

Project Cars and Forza 6 weather effects and night races comparison
In the last part of the comparison in rain of that video. There is one startling difference. Can anyone spot it? It happens right under the bridge ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
no reflection in the dashboard in forza 6 ?
Maybe just because of the material that is not reflective.
Anyway Reflections on the dashboard in these games act like there is no roof on the cars

In the last part of the comparison in rain of that video. There is one startling difference. Can anyone spot it? It happens right under the bridge ;)
What is it then? Can you solve the mystery for us? This feels like I am doing a quest in a game, and solving a mystery.

New gameplay video. The shadows of the night look well done.

What is it then? Can you solve the mystery for us? This feels like I am doing a quest in a game, and solving a mystery.

Hmm, is it just me or does that Rio track look way too bright and colourful. PGR4 managed to get this right back in 2008, why does Turn 10 always struggle with how to not make their games look over saturated and cartoony.

Lol. It's actually really subtle. You have to watch the video individually and not the side by side comparison.
But you'll notice when you watch them individually- in Forza 6 when you drive under the bridge the rain temporarily stops and then continues - this is sound not sure about graphically. With project cars it is if the bridge didn't exist. There is no cover from the bridge. Forza 6 came across as audibly realistic to me, as that is what it sounds like driving under a bridge at high speeds going from Rain, no rain, and back to rain. It's a nice touch.

Lol. It's actually really subtle. You have to watch the video individually and not the side by side comparison.
But you'll notice when you watch them individually- in Forza 6 when you drive under the bridge the rain temporarily stops and then continues - this is sound not sure about graphically. With project cars it is if the bridge didn't exist. There is no cover from the bridge. Forza 6 came across as audibly realistic to me, as that is what it sounds like driving under a bridge at high speeds going from Rain, no rain, and back to rain. It's a nice touch.
Hmmm, interesting. I think it was Skyrim -iirc-, or was it a game running with the quake engine? or was it RDR?, where it kept raining under buildings, or bridges, or stone archers and stuff. It was so odd....

More stuff.

SGgrnoM.gif

Back