News & Rumours: Playstation 4/ Orbis *spin*

Status
Not open for further replies.
HUGE SONY ANNOUNCEMENT AT E3:

"One last thing... We've been working hard on this for many years and here it finally is. We are now ready to reveal The Last Guardian STATIC theme. Only $1.49, you can download it RIGHT NOW from the PSN"

What theme, some giant DNA mix of some cat and eagle covering much of the PS4 UI ?

I'll pass. Maybe they will release the game in 2023 on PS6 and Morpheus 3 .

Morpheus is Q1 2016 according to sony at GDC.

It may slip back of course. I wouldn't expect a price until later in the year. If they give a price out then Vive could beat the price if they wanted too

Media player has worked well with my router's built in DLNA server, but it's been a bit unstable playing MP3s in the background.

the media player totally not working with my Windows Media Player DLNA server :(
have you set Windows DLNA to allow all devices / automatically allow / share with PS4? The only thing I'm reading that won't work is subtitles and MKV with unsupported codec (like MPEG-2 on MKV... it only support h.264).

Dunno. Where is that option?

I usually just stream and it just works on my TV, phone, and tablet. But it just not work on PS 4.

It can read the file lists but can't play them. Stuck in 0 secs

btw the browser is very primitive. Just lists. It does not have thumbnail blocks like xbox 360 WMC extender or my DLNA client on my xperia.

A colleague of mine bought one last month, and then he came complaining to me (as easily being the best informed PS4 owner) that the media streaming was gone. So when I mentioned it on the office floor this week, he immediately perked up. :) I'm happy with it too, as it means I can now easily watch the MyCloud contents on the PS4 as well, which is useful for family and visitor photo and video sessions. Of course my TV could do it as well, but the PS4 clearly can do it better.

@orangpelupa you can change the layout to tiles though.

just found the DLNA permission. its not in the WMP but in Control Panel LOL hahaha no wonder i keep banging my head trying to find it on WMP.

EDIT:
does the DLNA player works with Voice command? Does xbox also word with voice command?

If not, then playing with spotify is easier.

"ok google, play zedd on spotify" to make PS4 automatically play zedd

I tried voice on spotify and it definitely doesn't work. Or maybe my ps4 is ignoring me.
the command is issued from your phone. If you connect the PS4 to the spotify app, then you can control spotify from your phone(?).
Edit: or maybe your PS4 doesn't like you....

btw the browser is very primitive. Just lists. It does not have thumbnail blocks like xbox 360 WMC extender or my DLNA client on my xperia.

It has a grid view. It will show album covers if they're in MP3 tags at least. Haven't checked if it generates video thumbnails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back