The Annual E3 Sony press conference thread, 2015 edition

Oh yes. Absolutely.

And if it doesn't will all awards it's a conspiracy.
If it's not good it's a sabotage.
Anyone who disagree have no taste.

I meant about the non-subjective part, the release date. Is it truly a 2016 title?

Guys, give it a break. PC was the clear winner here, but this is the Sony press conference thread, not the general E3 thread. ;)

Tell me more about th
Oh yes. Absolutely.

And if it doesn't win all awards it's a conspiracy.
If it ends up not being good it's a sabotage.
Anyone who disagree have no taste.

"8/10"
:runaway:

It's a lot to live up to, at any rate. Don't envy that position.

It's fun for them because they made these announcements before E3 as their 'dream' announcements, things they really wanted but considered very unlikely, and then they happened. By the way, that blond guy with the list, I think his prime job is Indie relations? This guy is who I want to be part of the long-term future of Playstation I think, because he really seems to understand the hardcore gamer's heart.

And now I am wondering if I will ever feel this way about a sequel to The Order: 1886, ha ha ha.

An intimate chat with Sony PlayStation's Shuhei Yoshida

Are we any closer to wireless for Morpheus?

You know this is running at 120Hz 1080p. You cannot just send that wirelessly. You know, in the future, the time will come that you'll be able to do that. Or a mobile solution -- everything will be in the headset. But for now, in order to send that signal, you need a cable.

So I want to switch gears a little bit. I want to talk to you about Shenmue and crowdfunding. That was announced onstage on Monday and it's at about $3 million now. So let me ask you: Why did Sony PlayStation decide to allow that crowdfunding announcement as opposed to funding it?

Ah, no, no, no. It's a very exciting project and there are lots of PlayStation fans asking for it. But it's a Sega IP and of course Suzuki Yu-san is the creator. So somehow Suzuki-san was able to work out with Sega to allow them to Kickstart the project. And because we liked the project, our third-party relations team struck a deal to help Kickstart the campaign at the E3 conference. That's great PR.

Where are we with development on The Last Guardian? It's been six years and you would expect a release date, but it's still a little vague.

Yeah, so the video we showed [on Monday] is totally playable. It's a small section of a larger level. And we chose to do video because the press conference is really tightly scheduled and because the nature of the game is an adventure game. So the AI involved, the bird, might not do what we want it to do. So in order to make that tight press conference schedule work, we just recorded video. But the game runs like that. Performance-wise it's going very well.

The move from PS3 to PS4 was difficult. Actually, making the game on PS3 was super difficult so basically we gave up. Because it was too slow, the progress. And the team did an amazing job porting the code onto the SPUs. But still the game didn't perform to the required levels and some features are still missing. And the PS4 was approaching and the dev kit became available. So it was obvious for us to move it to the PS4. So the old engineering effort had to go back to the drawing board and be remade for PS4. And that took a long time. But since last year, the development has been going very well. So we have a good amount of confidence in terms of this window for next year.

Just saw Shu in the gamespot stream and there he also said TLG is doing well now. Also Horizon has been playable for a year now so they are on target with that as well. And he teased with some stuff he has played at Bend, Sucker Punch, Quantic and Japan Studios.

Back