Horizon Zero Dawn [PS4, PC]

Bit of Monster Hunter DNA would be a really cool addition. Taking down the creatures in MH is certainly a great deal more involved than "shooting the weak spot for massive damage".

That last big fight here seemed really involved as well, having to slide under, shoot off a weapon and use that against it, tieing it down with ropes, etc.

wooh ! Hope this game has lotsa abiilities for combat ! This gameplay, if done wel, can be so cool, you know we are fighting Robo-dinos ! But it can also turn into a mumjo-jumbo-laden-has-been if not done right. Still havent seen the demo yet. fingers crossed

I think GG will give us more weapons instead than more abilities.
I am not sure how melee weapons could work though :-?
Ether they do something like Shadow of The Colossus and we will have to climb the dinosaurs to hit their weak spots with the spear OR they are going to give us plasma blades that cut through metal.

Last edited:
Watching Sony's E3 press conference now.

This has got to be the weirdest game premise I've seen in a while but also one of the most interesting. I would never have thought Guerrilla Games could produce something so un-Killzone-like having been chained to that IP for far too long IMO.

You expect GG to throw out the visuals but the way the girl moves through the environment looks so fluid and she chatters away to herself much like Drake but in a natural way that doesn't feel forced. I can't wait to see more of this, it's a game begging to have questions asked and answered. Where did the machines come from? Why is the girl hunting them?

Wow! Nice work, GG :yes:

18660192399_cc15e08959dsa7.jpg

18820113896_1633ddae5sdsjg.jpg

18225727733_fabdb5f19mkswh.jpg
I think a picture of this game was shown a lot of time ago, before anyone knew what they were doing, some screenshots appeared all of a sudden.

Watching Sony's E3 press conference now.

This has got to be the weirdest game premise I've seen in a while but also one of the most interesting. I would never have thought Guerrilla Games could produce something so un-Killzone-like having been chained to that IP for far too long IMO.

You expect GG to throw out the visuals but the way the girl moves through the environment looks so fluid and she chatters away to herself much like Drake but in a natural way that doesn't feel forced. I can't wait to see more of this, it's a game begging to have questions asked and answered. Where did the machines come from? Why is the girl hunting them?

Wow! Nice work, GG :yes:
Yes, and what does she eat? They are machines but they seem to hunt regular prey, from the video they are making weapons.

From GAF:

Hey GAF!

Mark Norris, Senior Producer on Horizon Zero Dawn here. I just wanted to say thanks so much for the kind words from many of you on the thread here so far, and that some of your questions (but definitely not all!) will be answered over the course of the next couple days.

One thing I can confirm for you is that every single shot in the demo video was taken from in-game, and those locations are discoverable over the course of your journey.

I'll let you get back to the regularly scheduled speculation :)

- Deathstryker, Producer, Guerrilla Games

Clearly she is after the materials that the 'herd' is harvesting. Seems some kind of liquid they tranform plants into.

My guess is that she will also craft items/arrows/weapons by taking dinosaurs parts after destroyed.
Also I guess that other tribes will grant access to different/new hunting tools, gears, etc...

Finally saw the dino hunting fight, my stream had skipped thru all that. And wow ! Tying down the Dino , taking out parts, destroying power cells ! This is good !

Anyone else think this is the faaaar future of KZ universe , cos all the dino have the KZ-like armour and the signature red eyes from Helghast. Sure looks like the same tech except the green power cells she was harvesting.

And the scenery ! OMG, this would be amazing ! Something about the characters seems off, but the girl sure had me interested with all the dynamic dialogue !

That overgrown cityscape on the horizon might as well have been Vekta City, so the Killzone connection seems rather plausible. Rummaging through the remains of a game series's past sounds like a really cool concept. (if it isn't too on the nose that is. I wouldn't wanna find a picture frame with Rico and the other dumb fucks from KZ2 in it)

Yes...but history tells us that GG really does not like to support coop that well in their games.

But I see it the same: this game screams for coop...hunting within a tribe...come on GG, make it happen :)

In the concept art there were more characters attacking a dino so maybe there will be some co-op action.
The risk though is that with multiple hunters taking down a dino will become a lot easier so it could spoil the fun.

Stealth is an important aspect of hunting on which GG should focus and sadly they always lacked in that area in KZ.

Last edited:
Tomb Raider meets Monster Hunter, with some survival elements...
Why mechanical dinosaurs though ? Was it really necessary to make a good game ? :(
It could have been enough to have a narrative around survival from Automn to next Summer and maybe about discovering things about the ancients who build these wonders... (Could even introduced finding a weapons cache, limited ammo would make the next game, assuming there's one, not much of an issue balance wise.)

Anyone else think this is the faaaar future of KZ universe , cos all the dino have the KZ-like armour and the signature red eyes from Helghast. Sure looks like the same tech except the green power cells she was harvesting.
I understand the conjecture but that would be unbelivably lazy and I think any, even a peripheral, connotation with Killzone would be a bad thing.

Back