So what's wrong with Console Wars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I did have one class of psychology, but I don't remember much.
It doesn't interest me at all. Once I've determined that discourse with someone is futile, I don't feel any motivation to find out why. Life's too short!

Destiny is platform agnostic so it sucking doesn't constitute any sort of warring. You'd need to go with something like, "Destiny sucks. It shows that MS made Bungie and only MS's superb guidance could have created Halo, the world's best ever shooter. Now Bungie is pissing about with the PlayStation, they're stuck making mediocre crap. Sony frickin' ruined the best developer ever and we'd be better off without them."

I've heard several times that Console Wars are mundane, childish, non-gamer like, beneath.......but why?

I mean, people argue/debate sport teams. Hell, there are still people debating the 80's Lakers vs. Celtics.

What about people that debate Windows vs Mac?
Android vs IOS?

Chevy vs Ford enthusiast have been going at it for decades, but does that make them any less of a car enthusiast? How about BMW vs Mercedes?

So why the double standard?
Why can't people have their console wars?
The problem with the console war is that it wastes a lot of time that could be put to something much more productive like actually playing console games. There is also the alternative of spending time with family and friends as opposed to typing insults on the internet directed at people that might own a different console than you.

Shouting that you bought the best hardware because you don't want to have made a mistake is both pointless and stupid, and not welcome here.

Destiny is platform agnostic so it sucking doesn't constitute any sort of warring. You'd need to go with something like, "Destiny sucks. It shows that MS made Bungie and only MS's superb guidance could have created Halo, the world's best ever shooter. Now Bungie is pissing about with the PlayStation, they're stuck making mediocre crap. Sony frickin' ruined the best developer ever and we'd be better off without them."

So is COD and BF, but that doesn't stop the very worst kind of fanboys on the internet from prosecuting a fierce and persistent offensive against one another over the flaws and virtues of such games*.

(*Note: the fanboys in question will use more colourful language than, "flaws" and "virtues")

Shouting that you bought the best hardware because you don't want to have made a mistake is both pointless and stupid, and not welcome here.

I recently replaced my R9 280x with a GTX 970 because the former failed on me again after a previous replacement of the same card. I felt like I made a mistake with my initial purchase :(.

Well that just deflated the fun. I did it that way to upset all sides. I give equal oppurtunity to all! :D

Or I'm secretly an WiiU fan who is upset he didn't get Destiny like everybody else. :devilish:

Tommy McClain

All sides?

Just imagine how well destiny would run on a True Gamer's Gaming PC, and with 8xSSAA + 16xAF + 16xMSAA + 120 fps 4K it wouldn't suffer from terrible 2015 console IQ, which is unacceptable.

And with the PC modding community the gameplay could be fixed and also made to work with M+KB.

Also: [modded Crysis screenshots]

You're always gonna have sides arguing why they are better in almost every consumer product. It's prob worst off in the iOS vs Android world! Even BMW vs Audi vs Mercs!

It's all part of human nature and nothing is wrong with it if the arguments are well laid out and spoken sensibly. Fanboy fodder is kinda humorous though. :D

The danger is that a console war could spill over into real life in the sane way people in korea or china get stabbed over disputes on counterstrike.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think console wars would've been fine during most other generations.
The problem with this generation is that the XBox came out substantially weaker than the PS4, and in the beginning Microsoft did the most successful combo of PR disasters to date. Mandatory 24h online checks, kinect having to be turned on to play non-kinect titles, trying to kill restrict game resales and borrowing, weird obsession with american sports, microsoft employees telling customers to deal with it in response to said limitations...
It made Microsoft too easy of a target, and in order to prevent the forums from becoming yet another Microsoft-bashing fest, the moderators were forced to [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED].

[MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED] [MODERATED].
[MODERATED] [MODERATED].

So that's why.

Console wars don't reflect reality, they reflect the needs of the people in the war. The hardware doesn't matter, only opinion and feeling.*

*For example, there are still people who claim that the Super Nintendo's erection-killing puny soundchip could rival the Megadrive's punchy, virile mind expanding revelatory synth sound chip**.

**Early MD gen 1 consoles only, later models had increasingly man-shrinkage inducing sound chips, that finally also induced scurvy.

Console wars don't reflect reality, they reflect the needs of the people in the war. The hardware doesn't matter, only opinion and feeling.*

*For example, there are still people who claim that the Super Nintendo's erection-killing puny soundchip could rival the Megadrive's punchy, virile mind expanding revelatory synth sound chip**.

**Early MD gen 1 consoles only, later models had increasingly man-shrinkage inducing sound chips, that finally also induced scurvy.

Aye, it is not not (!) called 'Console Fact-Finding' for nothing ...

I've heard several times that Console Wars are mundane, childish, non-gamer like, beneath.......but why?

I mean, people argue/debate sport teams. Hell, there are still people debating the 80's Lakers vs. Celtics.

What about people that debate Windows vs Mac?
Android vs IOS?

Chevy vs Ford enthusiast have been going at it for decades, but does that make them any less of a car enthusiast? How about BMW vs Mercedes?

So why the double standard?
Why can't people have their console wars?
Yes,it's dumb and limits discussion. The sites owner must not like money because my bet is if were allowed, his monthy check would double.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back