The Annual E3 Microsoft press conference thread, 2015 edition

Okay... that applies fro BriT as well, he has shown a video of a game working, a digital title. The "selling discs ASAP" part from Azbat's post got me puzzled. Talking of which, this is the new batch of games with BC:

1. Alan Wake
  2. Assassin’s Creed
  3. Assassins Creed Brotherhood
  4. Assassin’s Creed: Revelations
  5. Bayonetta
  6. Bioshock
  7. Bioshock Infinite
  8. Borderlands
  9. Brothers in Arms: Hell’s Highway(?)
  10. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood(?)
  11. Cars 2
  12. Child of Eden
  13. Civilization Revolution
  14. Clash of Heroes HD
  15. Dark Souls
  16. Dark Souls 2
  17. Dead Space
  18. Fable 2
  19. Fallout 3
  20. Far Cry 2
  21. Far Cry: Blood Dragon
  22. Forza 2
  23. Forza 4
  24. Forza Horizon
  25. Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
  26. Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
  27. Halo 3
  28. Halo CE: Anniversary Edition
  29. Mass Effect
  30. Ninja Gaiden 3
  31. Pacman Championship Edition DX
  32. Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
  33. Rainbow Six: Vegas
  34. Rainbow Six: Vegas 2
  35. Rayman Legends
  36. Rayman Origins
  37. Risen 3
  38. Sacred 2
  39. Saint’s Row: The Third
  40. Shadow Complex
  41. Shadowrun
  42. Sonic Adventure 2
  43. Soul Caliber V
  44. Splinter Cell: Double Agent
  45. Toy Story 3
  46. Vanquish

Bioshock Infinite is among them. I have Vanquish... didn't like it. I have Sacred 2 :) And Dark Souls. And Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood! :) (I want thee original ASAP, please) And Clash of Heroes HD. And Civilization Revolution. :) (those are all digital games in my collection)
Wow they added those already? how did they pull that off?

Yeah, is there a link to that list or is that just the same list from before? Part of the "hundreds or more games available Holiday 2015"?

I'm guess it's the later and that those games are just the ones they plan to have available.

I would gladly mail in my old games if they would then convert them to a digital license for me! Should I add that to Xbox Uservoice?

It's crazy that I see some people that loved the PS3 game Journey somehow weren't impressed by all the non-standard out of the box thinking games that focused on atmosphere and exploration...similar to Journey. I suspect that if they were revealed on the PS platform the reception may have been different.
I know I shouldn't bite, but I will.

Journey focused on human connection, relationship, trust, self-reflection, spiritual meaning, and emotional impact. At it's core it's a social study. It has won a large number of game-of-the-year awards for an indie title, including five BAFTA, 6 of the 11 GDC awards, and even the world's first Grammy for a video game. The reason so many gamers loved this game is not simply because it's "focused on atmosphere and exploration". Not even close.

Your attempt at discrediting other gamers and dismissing their tastes as mere fanboy lies is pathetic. It's the victim argument, it's a false equivalence, and you're even putting up straw men.

The list could be larger, but this makes me dream about full BC being possible. They are just launching some of the most complex games, so XBLA and XNA games should run like a charm.

Okay, my final opinions on the conference. They did a good job and Phil Spencer's hand is showing. They are in the right track. The new controller looks excellent and might play some games like a dream --hopefully the price will be lower at launch. The only downside of the new controller is that it could split the user base, some could enjoy an advantage while playing online, but that's just worrisome for the most core fans, I guess.

What I've missed the most was more and more from Rare. And a new Age of Empires. I also missed more shocking news, because while you look at it in a cold manner PS4 conference is not all that perfect, but you have to make a lot of noise and Sony did. Still, it was a serene conference and a great E3 overall.

I also miss more JRPG games on the Xbox One. They should make the effort like in the Xbox 360 days when they launched some great JRPGs, like Phantasy Universe, Blue Dragon, etc.

Soooo looking forward to the Gamescom, to see how Scalebound holds up, Quantum Break and so on. I hope there are more surprises.

They are setting the priority, probably in less than a year they will stop caring to port the remainings
It doesn't means much, but they have done this with the xbox on 360

They are setting the priority, probably in less than a year they will stop caring to port the remainings
It doesn't means much, but they have done this with the xbox on 360

I think the difference will come down to xbox one offering digital versions on the marketplace. No money in allowing people to play their last gen titles on their new gen console. But there is money in selling last gen titles to new gen owners who never played or lost titles of value.

If pubs offer a bunch of attractive cheap bundles or do a bunch of sales similar to steam and xbox gamers consume the old 360 titles at good rate then the volume of games that transition over will grow.

Wasn't really possible in previous gens due to the dominance of physical distribution and the associated cost. Digital distribution should be much cheaper and make BC a viable solution in terms of profitability.

I think the difference will come down to xbox one offering digital versions on the marketplace. No money in allowing people to play their last gen titles on their new gen console. But there is money in selling last gen titles to new gen owners who never played or lost titles of value.

If pubs offer a bunch of attractive cheap bundles or do a bunch of sales similar to steam and xbox gamers consume the old 360 titles at good rate then the volume of games that transition over will grow.

Wasn't really possible in previous gens due to the dominance of physical distribution and the associated cost. Digital distribution should be much cheaper and make BC a viable solution in terms of profitability.
Right. There are some Xbox 360 gems that I missed either for the lack of money at the time, lack of time, the game going unnoticed, or whatever reason. Ideally they should integrate the Xbox One and Xbox 360 store into a giant single store.

Who do I have to kill to get a preview program invite?
An invitation appeared one day from Xbox Live, out of the blue. I didn't ask for it. I signed, nothing happened. Weeks later another message appeared and they had added me to the Xbox preview. This happened 4 months ago or so.

MSFT stock is rising after Xbox One BC announcement.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/1318...ones-backward-compatibility-lower-prices.html

0173_rkfe7.gif

An invitation appeared one day from Xbox Live, out of the blue. I didn't ask for it. I signed, nothing happened. Weeks later another message appeared and they had added me to the Xbox preview. This happened 4 months ago or so.
It is my understanding that those who are in the program can send invites to other users in their friendlist. Can you hook me up? :oops:

It is my understanding that those who are in the program can send invites to other users in their friendlist. Can you hook me up? :oops:
That's what I thought too, a few months ago, but the feature has been removed ever since, I think. Not 100% sure. But I got the invitation directly from Xbox Live, never from a friend.

Back