The Annual E3 Microsoft press conference thread, 2015 edition

Just got done watching the show finally. Erm, wow. First off, PS4 is now the haven for COD? Anyway where to start?

Backwards compatibility? Fan freaking tastic. They better have Dance Central and Halo: Reach on that BC list when it launches to the general public this Fall. Those are the only reasons I'm currently keeping my X360. Absolutely love this. Reminds me of when I got a PS2 and was still able to play my PS1 games.

That controller is sexy as hell...

that controller is for pro/competitive gamers

Yup. For the same people that spend 150-250 USD for a quality mechanical keyboard. And 100-200 USD for a really good mouse. Or people that spend 300-1000 USD for a good racing wheel. Or 150-200 USD for a good arcade style controller for fighting games. I'll probably be getting one as well once I see some reviews on it.

So many exclusives. And there are MORE unannounced First Party Exclusives they are saving to reveal at Gamescom in Germany later this year! What?!?! Seems Microsoft is going whole hog on the exclusives front and investing heavily in first party developers. It reminds me of when they were the underdogs back in the original Xbox days. Then they got very popular with the X360 and started closing down first party developers. Now they are the underdogs again and heavily investing in first party developers and courting PC developers (1000+ indie devs in the ID@Xbox program) just like they did with the Xbox. As well as investing more heavily in the PC again (again like before the X360).

And free user made mods for Fallout (and potentially other games in the future) on Xbox? The exact same mods as exist on PC? Mind blown. I wish I was 10 years younger (when I still used mods). How is this not being remarked on more? This is absolutely fantastically amazing even if I won't be taking advantage of it.

Stuff like this actually might make me turn on my XBO for the first time in months (right now I use the X360 more than the XBO).

Oh and Cuphead! I'm not one for side scrolling platformers usually, but I want this. Same as with Ori and the Blind Forest.

And for people that say this has a bit more of a NA focus, well duh? It's in NA. Gamescom will be where they focus more on the European market. Quantum break will be shown there. As well as more first party exclusives that haven't been announced yet.

Oh and ReCore. Can't wait to see more of that. This makes the 2nd XBO exclusive developed by a team lead by a Japanese developer. While not specifically targeted at the Japanese market, it seems they are still investing in developers who might make something the Japanese might want to play.

It's strange that so many people focused on the shooters when those were the least interesting parts of the conference. There were so many amazing games shown that weren't shooter's.

It's crazy that I see some people that loved the PS3 game Journey somehow weren't impressed by all the non-standard out of the box thinking games that focused on atmosphere and exploration...similar to Journey. I suspect that if they were revealed on the PS platform the reception may have been different.

Anyways, now off to watch the Sony Conference. Hopefully it was as good as the Microsoft one.

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
Who cares for BC? Why even waste money on this? I don't want to play old games with old graphics which where already dated when the game released because of already super rusty hardware. Give me at least remastered version for god's sake and use the money spend on BC better to make remastere a cheap buy :(

Ultra-meh.

Why no Quantumbreak? This is one of the most anticipated games across all platforms!!

How can this game be missing?!?

Ultra-meh^2

Oh and ReCore. Can't wait to see more of that. This makes the 2nd XBO exclusive developed by a team lead by a Japanese developer. While not specifically targeted at the Japanese market, it seems they are still investing in developers who might make something the Japanese might want to play.
Inafune just for name and marketing. Armature makes game.

Who cares for BC?

A LOT of people. There are still a great many millions of active 360 owners waiting to move up, and BC is a huge incentive to stick with Xbox as their next gen platform.

Also, me. I have loads of 360 games that don't have next gen equivalents yet and are in regular rotation. BC allows me to sell my 360 and keep my library.

There's absolutely no question. BC, even this far into the gen, is still a large positive for the platform.

BC allows me to sell my 360 and keep my library.

This!

51894-Superman-Batman-high-five-fuck-m05R.jpeg

Who cares for BC? Why even waste money on this? I don't want to play old games with old graphics which where already dated when the game released because of already super rusty hardware. Give me at least remastered version for god's sake and use the money spend on BC better to make remastere a cheap buy :(

Ultra-meh.

Why no Quantumbreak? This is one of the most anticipated games across all platforms!!

How can this game be missing?!?

Ultra-meh^2
With BC you are building a legacy, like on PC. A legacy that lasts forever, because some games are timeless and pass the tests of time. Many of those are on the X360, like SF2, Call of Juarez, Night into Dreams, Darkstalkers, Final Fight Double Impact, Puzzle Quest 1 and 2... etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc. Now Xbox can be virtually one single device in several ones.

I've not be able to see all the conference
Have they talked about server augmented something?
Not that I know of. AR was present though but it's still green and they basically showed Minecraft.

Wonder when we'll see an Xbox 360 emulation app for Windows 10.

A lot of old XBLA titles would work for mobile devices.

Cheers

No need for disc if you own the digital version. I have a few 360 discs that I will test though, but they're getting sold ASAP.

Tommy McClain
Are you sure? I mean, as far as I understood it, your old games are going to work, each one of them. But...there is always a but.., you should keep the disc in the tray all the time.

The game will be downloaded to your hard drive, but it will ask you for the disk. If that's not the case, colour me surprised. I might be wrong though

Are you sure? I mean, as far as I understood it, your old games are going to work, each one of them. But...there is always a but.., you should keep the disc in the tray all the time.

The game will be downloaded to your hard drive, but it will ask for the disk. If that's not the case, colour me surprised. I might be wrong though

I think that bit is still unknown. But you misunderstood Azbat. You could own digital copies of games on the 360. If you own a digital copy of a 360 game, you just download it to your XB1 and play it.

There never was a disc, so no disc is required. Essentially, digital games work the same whether they originated on the 360 or the XB1. Whether physical medium work differently remains to be seen as far as I can tell.

Azbat mentioned above that he has tried this with one of his 360 digital games already.

I think that bit is still unknown. But you misunderstood Azbat. You could own digital copies of games on the 360. If you own a digital copy of a 360 game, you just download it to your XB1 and play it.

There never was a disc, so no disc is required. Essentially, digital games work the same whether they originated on the 360 or the XB1. Whether physical medium work differently remains to be seen as far as I can tell.

Azbat mentioned above that he has tried this with one of his 360 digital games already.
Okay... that applies fro BriT as well, he has shown a video of a game working, a digital title. The "selling discs ASAP" part from Azbat's post got me puzzled. Talking of which, this is the new batch of games with BC:

1. Alan Wake
  2. Assassin’s Creed
  3. Assassins Creed Brotherhood
  4. Assassin’s Creed: Revelations
  5. Bayonetta
  6. Bioshock
  7. Bioshock Infinite
  8. Borderlands
  9. Brothers in Arms: Hell’s Highway(?)
  10. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood(?)
  11. Cars 2
  12. Child of Eden
  13. Civilization Revolution
  14. Clash of Heroes HD
  15. Dark Souls
  16. Dark Souls 2
  17. Dead Space
  18. Fable 2
  19. Fallout 3
  20. Far Cry 2
  21. Far Cry: Blood Dragon
  22. Forza 2
  23. Forza 4
  24. Forza Horizon
  25. Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
  26. Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
  27. Halo 3
  28. Halo CE: Anniversary Edition
  29. Mass Effect
  30. Ninja Gaiden 3
  31. Pacman Championship Edition DX
  32. Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
  33. Rainbow Six: Vegas
  34. Rainbow Six: Vegas 2
  35. Rayman Legends
  36. Rayman Origins
  37. Risen 3
  38. Sacred 2
  39. Saint’s Row: The Third
  40. Shadow Complex
  41. Shadowrun
  42. Sonic Adventure 2
  43. Soul Caliber V
  44. Splinter Cell: Double Agent
  45. Toy Story 3
  46. Vanquish

Bioshock Infinite is among them. I have Vanquish... didn't like it. I have Sacred 2 :) And Dark Souls. And Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood! :) (I want thee original ASAP, please) And Clash of Heroes HD. And Civilization Revolution. :) (those are all digital games in my collection)

They are moving pretty quickly. Now get me Ninja Gaiden II, not the crap that is Ninja Gaiden III by the dog-level (j/k) Tecmo team.

EDIT: Also, HOLY CRAP!!!! Bayonetta--I'm in there when this releases to the masses. I'm not in the preview program.

If you have a 360 title purchased digitally that is BC enabled it automatically shows up in your "ready to install" list. If you have a disk based 360 title that's BC enabled, you pop the disk in and then it downloads the game from the store. Once installed playing them would be the same as playing any title on XBOE One - insert disk again for disk based games, just play for digitally purchased games.

Back